Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanAngleland said:
Der Kopfsammler said:
Anyways, we still havent heard much about how will economy works in Bannerlord... does anyone know if it will be more in depth rather than having everything "automated"? That'd be neat... I just see so much potential to change whenever i go to a village and they tell me "Ohh we mainly produce this, that, blah, blah and bleh..." Hell, i wanna choose whats the best for them to produce.

All lords, AI and player, choose what their villages produce. Each village has four plots, which can be used for various productive activities such as farming, mining or raising horses- or a castle can be built on one plot. The raw materials produced by that village then go to the nearest town to be traded and consumed. So yes,you can choose what they produce, and it will have a real effect on the supply of those things.

Awesome! :grin: I can force every village to make cheese...  :lol:

Der Kopfsammler said:
DanAngleland said:
Der Kopfsammler said:
Anyways, we still havent heard much about how will economy works in Bannerlord... does anyone know if it will be more in depth rather than having everything "automated"? That'd be neat... I just see so much potential to change whenever i go to a village and they tell me "Ohh we mainly produce this, that, blah, blah and bleh..." Hell, i wanna choose whats the best for them to produce.

All lords, AI and player, choose what their villages produce. Each village has four plots, which can be used for various productive activities such as farming, mining or raising horses- or a castle can be built on one plot. The raw materials produced by that village then go to the nearest town to be traded and consumed. So yes,you can choose what they produce, and it will have a real effect on the supply of those things.

Awesome! :grin: I can force every village to make cheese...  :lol:

What about butter

How about we get a buttermode?
You can edit it in the module.ini
"king_butter = 0"
If you change it to 1. the faction which represents the swadian ancestors just feast all the time and all towns will lose 80% wealth, but in return the markets will be full with butter. (because the people only eat butter from now on, obviously).
And most importantly: Factions who want to stay in peace with old-swadia need to pay weekly butter tribute.

MrMundy said:
"king_butter = 0"
If you change it to 1. the faction which represents the swadian ancestors just feast all the time and all towns will lose 80% wealth, but in return the markets will be full with butter. (because the people only eat butter from now on, obviously).
And most importantly: Factions who want to stay in peace with old-swadia need to pay weekly butter tribute.

Or a free dlc where all the lords talk about butter and the armor and weapons are made of butter

Are you sure?
You're warned

Hidde112 said:
MrMundy said:
"king_butter = 0"

Or a free dlc where all the lords talk about butter and the armor and weapons are made of butter

Are you sure?
You're warned
Woah, this is so sad  :cry:

I started playing warband again recently and I must say ,bannerlords is seriously not warband ,I retract all my criticism on the E3 videos . Wow  the game has changed totally , I played a warband siege , whiles watching the E3 siege and in fact I was pleased with taleworld's work so far. However I realized something in warband that might still be the same in  bannerlords, "Kings" they are just lords with a glorified title , bannerlords should really go into details and increase the level of effects kings have in their factions and the game as a whole . Capturing kings shouldn't also be a child play , kings should have strong armies and well garrisoned parties , disobeying a king's order should have consequences, paying taxes to the king must be mandatory ,having good relations with him should bring you benefit like tax reduction , more lands ,and other perks . Kings should also have their own military campaigns ,separate from the marshal's own and everyone would be forced to join . This is a must there should be a mini general map of calradia where , you can see trade routes ,faction boundaries, manage lords, give strategic orders to your lords during a war , this would really send the gameplay to the next level.

Đяαкøℵ said:
Meevar the Mighty said:
SenorZorros said:
Hidde112 said:
SenorZorros said:
I do not know this guy. he is not dutch
Plot twist: He's dutch after all
I do not recognize him as such and believe he should be deported to the pacific ocean to repent for his stupidity.
Surprising anyone still lives in the Netherlands. :party:
But they got weed mang  :fruity: :fruity:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,8.0.html

DanAngleland said:
wildyracing said:
For me, one of the most irritating features in Warband and its variants is the village raiding. I talk about the ability of the AI to loot your village, but RETREAT if it sees a danger. The same thing SHOULD be valid for the player, yet unfortunately this is not the case. It often happened that I see enemy forces miles away, but can do nothing instead of seeing them gather and attack me all-in.The player could never retreat if initialized village looting and this sucks. It suck from a gameplay perspective, it sucks from historical perspective, it sucks from logical perspective etc..

I dislike it too; I think it would be best if the AI had to suffer the same fate as the player rather than allowing the raider to escape immediately. It is realistic (the raiding party is dispersed around the village, some perhaps out of view or earshot of their commander) and prevents tiny AI raiding armies from evading large player armies coming to intercept them. This is a problem in Warband as lords who get beaten a lot still respawn with small armies of rubbish troops, and keep raiding villages. They flee as soon as you come into view, and return as soon as you give up the chase, meaning you either have to stand guard at the village or let it be raided while you go about other business. This particular issue should be solved anyway, because the AI lords in Bannerlord have to pay troop wages, and there will come a point when frequently defeated lords simply can't afford to raise more troops for a while, but still this raiding imbalance between player and AI should be fixed.

I just realised that this issue should be solved by another improvement in Bannerlord as well; we saw in a Gamescom 2015 video that villages have garrisons (even those without castles), so small raiding parties will not be unopposed even if lords of the village's faction are not around.

Thanks for the support!

And thanks to the fellow member who pointed me to the module system fix for Warband. I don't play Warband anymore, but nonetheless it is a good link! I hope Bannerlord will fix that and as far as I've seen this time the player and the AI will be put on similar terms.

Meevar the Mighty said:
SenorZorros said:
Hidde112 said:
SenorZorros said:
I do not know this guy. he is not dutch
Plot twist: He's dutch after all
I do not recognize him as such and believe he should be deported to the pacific ocean to repent for his stupidity.

Surprising anyone still lives in the Netherlands. :party:
most of them don't eat pure butter and are therefore allowed to stay.

back on topic, it's annoying though that right now I simply can't play warband anymore because it just feels like there are some things which just ruin it.

SenorZorros said:
back on topic, it's annoying though that right now I simply can't play warband anymore because it just feels like there are some things which just ruin it.

Yup, same thing for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom