Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Captain Lust said:
RoboSenshi said:
Deeper written articles will probably trickle out later.
:lol: I sure hope the game sells well post release.
Not sure what you mean here. We don't control if and when websites and magazines choose to publish their articles; that's what I'm referring to.
What I meant was that by not controlling the flow of your own information, you may not reach enough new people. Cause there's no telling if and when those articles will come out. I personally think it would be better to release information to the gaming press and to the gaming public simultaneously. But what the hell do I know, I'm just some dude.

RoboSenshi said:
What I meant was that by not controlling the flow of your own information, you may not reach enough new people. Cause there's no telling if and when those articles will come out. I personally think it would be better to release information to the gaming press and to the gaming public simultaneously. But what the hell do I know, I'm just some dude.
Our press release went out at the start of E3, along with our videos to the public.

We continued to give demos during E3, where press and other attendees were invited to our booth at the event, where we spoke over some game footage and answered some questions etc.

It's typical for press to take information they are given at these demos, make notes or recordings and then work during the weeks after an event to produce articles for their websites or magazines, such as this one: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/23/mount-blade-ii-siege-castle/

You can see it was released on 23rd June, around a week after the end of E3.

This varies from site to site... some will put out a simple news post and make sure to do it ASAP. Some will do both.

You're not likely to get a whole load of new information from these, since they are generally intended to inform a wider audience than some of you, who might be following information more attentively. However, many of these journalists are familiar with the games and might ask a question, or pick up on something we hadn't thought of mentioning specifically, and write about that, possibly revealing/hinting a new detail or two.

Sorry if that wasn't clear.

We're currently preparing the blog, which should be out very soon, to summarise and clarify things that were shown.

You have to also bear in mind that it's not really in anyone's interests to go into too much detail, since this is still an in-development game and naturally subject to change, especially the smaller things. Whenever we mention anything, we like to be relatively sure it's going to be that way in the final release.

Captain Lust said:
We're currently preparing the blog, which should be out very soon, to summarise and clarify things that were shown.

9b5.jpg

Fair point about the factors that are subject to change before release. It would be bad to showcase something that doesn't make it into the game. I just assumed that with it being relatively close to some form of release, most core features would be ironed out. But whatever the core features turn out to be I'm sure it'll be great. Who am I kidding, even if it isn't I'm still going to buy the game.

animated_resource___flag_by_misteraibo-d5as2vv.gif
  :fruity:

Hopefully there will be some castles that are very hard to take with limited options for attacking it because of its superior design. Kind of like Grunwalder castle which was probably if not the hardest castle to take in Warband because of its layout.

Captain Lust said:
Our press release went out at the start of E3, along with our videos to the public.
We continued to give demos during E3, where press and other attendees were invited to our booth at the event, where we spoke over some game footage and answered some questions etc.
It's typical for press to take information they are given at these demos, make notes or recordings and then work during the weeks after an event to produce articles for their websites or magazines, such as this one: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/23/mount-blade-ii-siege-castle/
This varies from site to site... some will put out a simple news post and make sure to do it ASAP. Some will do both.
You're not likely to get a whole load of new information from these, since they are generally intended to inform a wider audience than some of you, who might be following information more attentively. However, many of these journalists are familiar with the games and might ask a question, or pick up on something we hadn't thought of mentioning specifically, and write about that, possibly revealing/hinting a new detail or two.

You have to also bear in mind that it's not really in anyone's interests to go into too much detail, since this is still an in-development game and naturally subject to change, especially the smaller things. Whenever we mention anything, we like to be relatively sure it's going to be that way in the final release.
Will you fix spamming left attack like mad ?

Captain Lust said:
Soon  :lol:
L61h7QS.jpg

Partizan_Rusi said:
Captain Lust said:

Will you fix spamming left attack like mad ?
There already is a counter to that:
right mouse button  :neutral:

It's useless to ask things like "will you fix the spam" or "will you fix that animation", those are the reasons we'll get the beta. It's better they focus on finishing the important parts and prepare the beta. :smile:

Captain Lust said:

So there are more small details we don't know about yet, good to know I suppose.

How fast would a dismounted knight get tired? I wonder if the average soldier would get tired in the midst of a warband battle which basically amounts to a skirmish. In other words, is stamina inside or outside of the scope of bannerlord's fighting system?

And I wonder how would such a stamina mechanic work. I think it's reasonable to say that only missed attacks should contribute to stamina loss to avoid interrupting the flow of battle, and that stamina loss should not prevent new attacks, but rather make them slower or weaker to render spam less useful, but not useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom