Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumos said:
Tybalt_ said:
If you're fat, you sink, like a rock.
No.

another point for the science education quality of our generation. Wonder what will children born today believe in 20 years. Probably something about Earth being flat, Stars just holes in the sky and that the Moon is made of cheese. Or something like that  :lol:

apostrophe said:
Hello all!
Doesn't Bannerlord deserve its own forum? This thread is the whole thing.
Bannerlord deservers a new and cooler forum, website and wiki. Something from this decade at least. Oh and it would be cool to have a mobile app too that syncs with your game. But lets not get crazy now  :cool:

I don't know man , but am pretty sure if taleworlds made the mount&blade map round we would be at their throats with claims of realism, but somehow the real world tell us the opposite, scientists are really messed up liars or mad men :lol:

don't worry about the poles, we're busy getting rid of them right now so they can't fall off anymore.

EDIT:
also, this does not have to be a problem with calradia since it is a relatively small area and therefore can be approximated as a flat map.

Alene said:
Are we still discussing about Bannerlord here?

sure, we are trying to decide if our characters should be able to swim, or just drown. Without armor, with armor, with horse, without horse, drunk, not drunk, while playing a minigame, ... lots of stuff to discuss  :grin:

Meevar the Mighty said:
Bi5h0p said:
@jacobhindsI know that, but I think more about balance.
Time of reload (bow/crossbow mostly - light, heavy), shaking hand if you hold bow longer etc.

TheWarArmoury said:
Bi5h0p said:
But not everyone is master bowman  :smile:
The archers of an army may not be masters but they are likely very well trained, capable of decent ranged accuracy. Also if you hold the bow for too long in Warband you will lose accuracy. No shaking hand but I don't know how realistic that would be.

Irl, target shooters hold the bow drawn for much longer than distance shooters, in order to increase their accuracy. If you're using a heavy enough bow that this is a problem for you, you can simply not draw it back too far for what you're doing. An 120 lb bow is also a perfectly good 80 lb bow, which for some reason M&B doesn't acknowledge in any way. I guess it's an attempt to balance a weapon that realistically was horribly effective.

Spears in M&B are also incredibly weak, since their main attack can be prevented by holding downblock with a shortsword, but in a way, something like this is somewhat necessary if the goal is for swords to be the main weapon in the game. On the other hand, polestun on weapons like a short spear can almost make up for it. Oh, what a tangled web we weave, but at least it still works.

Sorry for rewinding to this post.

Ideally a thrust could be parried by switching a left block to a right block or vice-versa if you get what I mean.

Lumos said:
Tybalt_ said:
Yes.

Does it look like he floats?
Yes, actually. He didn't sink at all.

Ergo, character build type should have an effect on the hypothetical swimming feature in Bannerlord.
And having health issues too! I wanna be an obese Aserai who's dream is reunite the Empire with his Aserai blade, who dies of a heart attack while trying to take Epicrotea

Lumos said:
Tybalt_ said:
Yes.

Does it look like he floats?
Yes, actually. He didn't sink at all.

Ergo, character build type should have an effect on the hypothetical swimming feature in Bannerlord.

The question was whether he was floating or not. It's quite clear it was the rope that prevented him from drowning, don't you think? Maybe I missed your point, your answer to my question was a bit confusing.

jacobhinds said:
If only Joe Hart could save as well as you just did in that post.

They wouldn't have made it out the group stages'

it was the rope that prevented him from drowning,

Opposite  :mrgreen: rope makes his head in the water and without others' help he would drown because of the rope lol.

And it was a very very bad video to show water physics on fat guy, his only face was in the water, which isnt enough volume to make him lifted up by water :grin: and yes, fat people can stay above water easier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom