Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jacobhinds said:
I literally don't float. Even in the saltiest water I have to paddle for my life otherwise I just sink. Some people are just like that by default.

Did you drink liquid mercury instead of juice in your childhood?

Still on the sounds, I just had a funny thought since this is a prequel instead of having the 'i will drink from your skull' dialog, you really have to think, well, people from the future say this, but why... what is the etymology of "I will drink from your skull"?! Perhaps there was a bandit lord with a certain gruesome victory celebration. Perhaps the phrases was altered over time, it may have been that when losing a boardgame at the tavern one would drink from a white goblet, and over the years the goblet became known as a "skull", and further lost meaning over the ages.

These are the important cultural questions we need answered. Why, why is it almost harvesting season?

Reapy said:
Still on the sounds, I just had a funny thought since this is a prequel instead of having the 'i will drink from your skull' dialog, you really have to think, well, people from the future say this, but why... what is the etymology of "I will drink from your skull"?! Perhaps there was a bandit lord with a certain gruesome victory celebration. Perhaps the phrases was altered over time, it may have been that when losing a boardgame at the tavern one would drink from a white goblet, and over the years the goblet became known as a "skull", and further lost meaning over the ages.

These are the important cultural questions we need answered. Why, why is it almost harvesting season?
Its almost harvesting season is Warband for Winter is Coming.

Lumos said:
Perhaps some really hard-ass ruler in the olden days kicked the ass of the Eastern Empire and actually made a goblet out of an Emperor's skull? :iamamoron: Given that we'll be seeing the last days of the Empire, perhaps something like this isn't too unbelievable.

Though perhaps, it was just considered a normal thing to do.

In what concerns war, their customs are the following. The Scythian soldier drinks the blood of the first man he overthrows in battle. Whatever number he slays, he cuts off all their heads, and carries them to the king; since he is thus entitled to a share of the booty, whereto he forfeits all claim if he does not produce a head. In order to strip the skull of its covering, he makes a cut round the head above the ears, and, laying hold of the scalp, shakes the skull out; then with the rib of an ox he scrapes the scalp clean of flesh, and softening it by rubbing between the hands, uses it thenceforth as a napkin. The Scyth is proud of these scalps, and hangs them from his bridle-rein; the greater the number of such napkins that a man can show, the more highly is he esteemed among them. Many make themselves cloaks, like the capotes of our peasants, by sewing a quantity of these scalps together. Others flay the right arms of their dead enemies, and make of the skin, which stripped off with the nails hanging to it, a covering for their quivers. Now the skin of a man is thick and glossy, and would in whiteness surpass almost all other hides. Some even flay the entire body of their enemy, and stretching it upon a frame carry it about with them wherever they ride. Such are the Scythian customs with respect to scalps and skins.

The skulls of their enemies, not indeed of all, but of those whom they most detest, they treat as follows. Having sawn off the portion below the eyebrows, and cleaned out the inside, they cover the outside with leather. When a man is poor, this is all that he does; but if he is rich, he also lines the inside with gold: in either case the skull is used as a drinking-cup. They do the same with the skulls of their own kith and kin if they have been at feud with them, and have vanquished them in the presence of the king. When strangers whom they deem of any account come to visit them, these skulls are handed round, and the host tells how that these were his relations who made war upon him, and how that he got the better of them; all this being looked upon as proof of bravery.

Once a year the governor of each district, at a set place in his own province, mingles a bowl of wine, of which all Scythians have a right to drink by whom foes have been slain; while they who have slain no enemy are not allowed to taste of the bowl, but sit aloof in disgrace. No greater shame than this can happen to them. Such as have slain a very large number of foes, have two cups instead of one, and drink from both.

Then the king asked where his sons were, and Gudrun answered, "I will tell thee, and gladden thine heart by the telling; lo now, thou didst make a great woe spring up for me in the slaying of my brethren; now hearken and hear my rede and my deed; thou hast lost thy sons, and their heads are become beakers on the board here, and thou thyself hast drunken the blood of them blended with wine; and their hearts I took and roasted them on a spit, and thou hast eaten thereof".

jacobhinds said:
I literally don't float. Even in the saltiest water I have to paddle for my life otherwise I just sink. Some people are just like that by default.

It's called being fat.

Golradir said:
SenorZorros said:
Tybalt_ said:
jacobhinds said:

It's called being fat.
actually, it's probably the opposite. I believe fat is one of the lighter parts of one's body.
this^, fat is less dense than water etc, nice try tybalt  :party:

If you're fat, you sink, like a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom