TbpRxZa.jpg
Bannerlord
PCWBk8J.jpg

The most important one, women
Warband
LadyAtjahan.jpg
Bannerlord
4JTFtSo.jpg

Thanks a lot for that Varrak  :grin: But the siege looks the....just kidding, this comparison sums up the progress very well, it looks like a different game from a big developer. The faces especially, but all of it.

Captain Lust said:
It really, really doesn't look the same though. Everything about the graphics is new and dramatically different... I think we'll have to do some side by side comparisons again soon.

Haven't done any since the first blog :smile: :

twdd_wb_bl_comparison_hair_fix.png

Even beyond the graphics, two ladders, a battering ram, a siege tower, 4 defending ballistae, 3 attacking mangonels and 1 attacking ballista, destructible walls, fire, the sheer quantity of troops in the battle... I mean there's just no comparison. Any idea that this "looks like warband" (one ladder/siege tower, with absolutely 0 control over its raising/placement/timing), even to the layman, leaves me completely dumbfounded. This is a major overhaul.

If you really want to make Bannerlord stand out to Warband add standard bearers with banners on the battlefield. Seriously it would be a good start not too mention look badass as hell.

Reapy said:
It's actually not that bad. Each troop has an Id...
I had the same reflexions, but since I have only experience in developing for scientific research in C++, I did not want to pretend I know anything in game developement, but it seems that it's not very different. Your idea about troups getting a name after beeing a veteran is a suprisingly good idea ! I did not think about it - and that could open the door to the ultimate promotion : giving land to our best soldiers, like it was done before. In the scale of BL, it would not be something causual, but it could be a way to replace dead lords.

I'm wondering... will companions be procedurally generated ? I ask because we know that lords can die, and what if companions can be promoted as lords like in Warband ? If they die, how the companion pool will be renewed ? Maybe they will not be promotable... or maybe they will be not killable by ennemies.

Varrak said:
I made a little comparision

Character creation
Warband
w38DGbE.jpg
Bannerlord
Hy0B1IE.jpg

Siege
Warband
mount-and-blade-siege.jpg
Bannerlord
Laxr2dI.jpg

Horses
Warband
SarranidHorse.jpg
Bannerlord
ourq833.jpg

City center
Warband
sIq6Kfg.jpg
Bannerlord
Bl9usoG.jpg

Trading Screen
Warband
YIsNc4z.jpg
Bannerlord
X0uckNa.jpg

Climbing Ladders
Warband
TbpRxZa.jpg
Bannerlord
PCWBk8J.jpg

Warband
LadyAtjahan.jpg
Bannerlord
4JTFtSo.jpg

Okay , I see the point , the game has changed , in fact the game has changed a lot , but what fans fear is not how good the game has become , but how much better it is than warband , we love warband , we have played warband , we still play it , we expect bannerlord to remove the taste of warband from our mouth . That means we don't want another improved warband , or total overhaul mod , we want a "new warband" with a fancy name . Only you can give us that , shut yourself in your studio and bake us something fresh, we don't want wheat bread or strawberry bread , we want Pizza , its the same bread but tastes and looks totally different , with a Italian name :lol: .

cherac said:
Varrak said:
I made a little comparision

Character creation
Warband
w38DGbE.jpg
Bannerlord
Hy0B1IE.jpg

Siege
Warband
mount-and-blade-siege.jpg
Bannerlord
Laxr2dI.jpg

Horses
Warband
SarranidHorse.jpg
Bannerlord
ourq833.jpg

City center
Warband
sIq6Kfg.jpg
Bannerlord
Bl9usoG.jpg

Trading Screen
Warband
YIsNc4z.jpg
Bannerlord
X0uckNa.jpg

Climbing Ladders
Warband
TbpRxZa.jpg
Bannerlord
PCWBk8J.jpg

Warband
LadyAtjahan.jpg
Bannerlord
4JTFtSo.jpg

Okay , I see the point , the game has changed , in fact the game has changed a lot , but what fans fear is not how good the game has become , but how much better it is than warband , we love warband , we have played warband , we still play it , we expect bannerlord to remove the taste of warband from our mouth . That means we don't want another improved warband , or total overhaul mod , we want a "new warband" with a fancy name . Only you can give us that , shut yourself in your studio and bake us something fresh, we don't want wheat bread or strawberry bread , we want Pizza , its the same bread but tastes and looks totally different , with a Italian name :lol: .

Nothing will ever beat the Warband UI for me. The trading screen is better and easier on the eyes in Warband. The rest is obviously superior, albeit the comparisons weren't entirely fair. I also liked the look of women in warband, they were all kinda cute. :mrgreen:

Narlan said:
Reapy said:
It's actually not that bad. Each troop has an Id...
I had the same reflexions, but since I have only experience in developing for scientific research in C++, I did not want to pretend I know anything in game developement, but it seems that it's not very different. Your idea about troups getting a name after beeing a veteran is a suprisingly good idea ! I did not think about it - and that could open the door to the ultimate promotion : giving land to our best soldiers, like it was done before. In the scale of BL, it would not be something causual, but it could be a way to replace dead lords.

I'm wondering... will companions be procedurally generated ? I ask because we know that lords can die, and what if companions can be promoted as lords like in Warband ? If they die, how the companion pool will be renewed ? Maybe they will not be promotable... or maybe they will be not killable by ennemies.

People always talk about wanting to have companions that can die. That is until they realize their level 9 surgeon they've spent a long time speccing to be useful to the squad, and purposefully keeping them away from the fighting, gets killed by a stray arrow or random cavalry that broke off from the main pack. As soon as that happens they realize the effects of having companions that can die.

I would be fine with having companions that can die, BUT if that is the case we need to take a serious look at how their skills affect the party, and how quickly these skills can be gained. On top of ways to help prevent death. Losing high ranking companions to silly things (especially during sieges when you would want them on the sidelines to keep their skills for the party) would become very frustrating, very fast.

That being said, I agree procedurally generating companions would help a lot if companions can end up dieing. I assume they wouldn't take out companions being promoted to Lords, but I bet the companions being of noble birth or not will heavily affect the politics in the realm this time around. You start setting in a bunch of "lords of the people" that were peasant companions before they became a lord could lead to some odd problems during a campaign. Think about all those companions who hated you raiding villages for supplies during war time? What if, because of their peasant/moral compass they refused to raid villages even if they would need it to keep continuing in your war campaign?

EDIT: I know the people are not specifically talking about Companion death, but the mention of it made me realize the topic itself is brought up quite often.

Each trooper on the field has an ID and persistent equipment and face through the game?!
No, they don't ! We are only speculating. Way be they have, we don't know. I have been suggesting that very troup should have a persistant face, and not beeing regenerated every time they appear.

Narlan said:
I only talked about companion beeing promoted, as captain lust said that we could kill lords and family members.

I know, I tried editing to let you know, but when you mentioned " If they die, how the companion pool will be renewed ? Maybe they will not be promotable... or maybe they will be not killable by ennemies." it made me remember how often I see people conversing about companion death being a great new thing. Which, IMO, it will be, but I wonder how they will implement it effectively to avoid the terrible problems of never being able to get attached to the companions and instead seeing them as "special named fodder".

I didn't mean to make it seem like you were one of those people :razz: My fault for not clarifying.

YourStepDad said:
Nothing will ever beat the Warband UI for me. The trading screen is better and easier on the eyes in Warband. The rest is obviously superior, albeit the comparisons weren't entirely fair. I also liked the look of women in warband, they were all kinda cute. :mrgreen:

It's easier on the eyes, but the new one seems much more efficient for bulk buying and selling. For me that takes priority, spent too much of my MB life selling cloth caps and footwrappings :smile:!

New short article about Bannerlord at E3, not much new info though.

This bit is kinda interesting:
A major area in which Bannerlord has been improved over its predecessors is in the social and political interactions that can occur between characters. TaleWorlds’ aim is to allow players to follow any course of action which seems logical rather than being limited to a small pool of choices. If a friend or ally has been captured, you’ll be able to sally forth on a rescue mission and the AI will recognise your objective and NPCs will react appropriately. If you seize a castle, you’ll be able to negotiate with its previous owner.

kraggrim said:
YourStepDad said:

It's easier on the eyes, but the new one seems much more efficient for bulk buying and selling. For me that takes priority, spent too much of my MB life selling cloth caps and footwrappings :smile:!

also ready for a controller (which will be important for a console port)

There is the gamedebate estimation. This is only speculative, it will be less or more according to the optimisation. The biggest bottleneck will surely be the CPU for the multiple AI on the battlefield.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4517&game=Mount%20and%20Blade%202:%20Bannerlord

berkyx said:
jetpotion said:
Anybody got an idea on the system requirement particularly the graphics requirements?

if i recall correctly a gtx 660 will be enough for highest settings but i dont know where i heard that

Honestly that would be depressing to me. Give me something good and beefy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom