Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lumos said:
I'm amazed by the amount of people who appear to have nothing better to do than wait for Bannerlord information. Go do other things, for God's sake. You'll see the new stuff when it's revealed. No point in wasting one's time waiting for something, or not sleeping because of something.

That's not very fair to say. I'm down about it because it was just simply said that we were getting this type of information. Not sure if anyone else felt that same way to it.

Lord Brutus said:
reiksmarshal said:
Any mention yet of boats and naval warfare? I hope they are part of bannerlord and work similar to how they did in Viking Conquest where you can own boats and customize them.
You can answer this question yourself.  Think about it for a minute.

I would like to believe yes there will be naval warefare, but at the same time we can't even get a dude in the ranks holding a banner.

If the game is to be released in 2016 isnt it starting to be a little late to announce the release date? Are they planning to announce 2 weeks before it releases?

Yabloko said:
Lumos said:
I'm amazed by the amount of people who appear to have nothing better to do than wait for Bannerlord information. Go do other things, for God's sake. You'll see the new stuff when it's revealed. No point in wasting one's time waiting for something, or not sleeping because of something.
It was the E3 though. Who wouldn't have expected something big? And you're here as well, which means you've checked the thread for more info... Just as guilty as the rest.
- I'm a fan of the "Show unread replies" button;
- I didn't say one shouldn't follow the bantz in the thread. But staying 'till 2-3 o'clock only to be let down is pointless. The information - or lack thereof - will be readily available in the morning too. We've had years to see how little tends to be disclosed, ergo why'd one assume the opposite? Sure, it's E3, but the slot was only 15 minutes long. Not a lot of time, and definitely not enough for any ground-breaking revelations.

tansvanio said:
If the game is to be released in 2016 isnt it starting to be a little late to announce the release date? Are they planning to announce 2 weeks before it releases?
Yes, with taleworlds is possible. But i bet we'll get trolled by another soonTM.

Well, at least that addresses one thing I wasn't happy with: the fact that in the interviews, they just kept repeating the same **** about what M&B is and modding that we heard at the PCG Weekender.

LonelyStep said:
Hey look at that, Captain Lust just addressed the concerns about how much was shown:
https://twitter.com/captainlust

As far as I can get it, the pace of the interviews will start with the usual long phrases such as "M&B is this and that", and then at the end we'll get some bones about Bannerlord. I can't say I'm disappointed, because the siege video actually revealed a lot of what I wanted to see, but for God's sake, why do you have to promise something you're surely not going to provide? Yes, I'm looking at the "expect multiple videos", "announcements", "big chunk of information" and my favourite: "written in details". Come on, that is genuine trolling and nerve-playing. Just say you're gonna show an aspect of the game and that's it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Arvenski.

reiksmarshal said:
I would like to believe yes there will be naval warefare, but at the same time we can't even get a dude in the ranks holding a banner.

Is this thing about someone holding a banner a joke, or were you actually expecting it to be a feature of the game based on the title containing the word banner? You keep repeating it as if you are annoyed that it isn't in. As far as I know the title refers to some sort of status or rank in medieval times; I vaguely remember Taleworlds saying something like that years ago.

EDIT: I found an explanation of it in this thread by a Turkish person; apparently it is a translation of a Turkish title:

"In Turkish it can be translated as Sancak Beyi, which was at old times meant Governor-General of big provinces"

So it doesn't mean there should be banners in the game!

From the official Taleworlds Twitter account:

"What you can expect now is for some more interviews and articles to come out from the event and also some detail in our next blog post"

"We'll make sure the blog post doesn't take as long as it did last time!"

https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade

We'll see...  :smile:

Pilum said:
From the official Taleworlds Twitter account:

"What you can expect now is for some more interviews and articles to come out from the event and also some detail in our next blog post"

"We'll make sure the blog post doesn't take as long as it did last time!"

https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade

We'll see...  :smile:
4%20to%206%20weeks%20later.jpg

"It's **** NOTHING"

The Bowman said:
LonelyStep said:
Hey look at that, Captain Lust just addressed the concerns about how much was shown:
https://twitter.com/captainlust

As far as I can get it, the pace of the interviews will start with the usual long phrases such as "M&B is this and that", and then at the end we'll get some bones about Bannerlord. I can't say I'm disappointed, because the siege video actually revealed a lot of what I wanted to see, but for God's sake, why do you have to promise something you're surely not going to provide? Yes, I'm looking at the "expect multiple videos", "announcements", "big chunk of information" and my favourite: "written in details". Come on, that is genuine trolling and nerve-playing. Just say you're gonna show an aspect of the game and that's it.

Edit: Ninja'd by Arvenski.

I get what you're saying. It was sweet what they showed, but there definitely was a higher expectation made from their comments. Reading Captain Lust's twitter, I think that they may have been referring to the articles they are expecting interviewers to publish. In that case it's an example of promising something you don't have control over. You don't know what or when the interviewers will post, and the reality is most gaming news outlets are going to cover more popular games like CoD long before getting around to writing up their Bannerlord article. Hopefully there were some lessons learned.

I like your questions list : :grin:
- How does aging work?
- Is their any form of lineage or succession? (Yes or no, just to end the speculation)
- Is recruitment and upgrading the same as warband?
- What new political mechanics have been added?
- Is ruling a faction/coming to power the same as warband? How does that work?
- What else does seasons affect?
- Are companions all recruited from taverns?

In fact I hope there is a reply for each of these question in the final release... because... if someone is wondering, this is why we are so anxious about informations : because we actualy hope that Bannerlord will be more than a simple remake. Warband native is good, but has serious flaws : no diplomatic/political gameplay, no intrigues. No informations about those stuff is basicaly informing us that there is a chance that Bannerlord will be the same *_*.

[quote author=People]
Hey we really want a siege video
[/quote]
[quote author=Taleworlds]
*siege video*
[/quote]
[quote author=Response]
I'm really down about what we were given. I expected more information. I'm really happy with the direction of the game with regards to better graphics, new mechanics ect and just let down because what they are giving us is just nothing at the end of the day.
[/quote]
Why do I feel like this happens every time they release new info?

I have a serious suggestions for Bannerlord.

persistant face generation

In Warband, when a soldier is generated in a battle, his face is also randomly generated. For exemple, if you have only one soldier, one battle after another, he won't be the same guy and won't have the same equipment. Only lords have persistents faces and gear. This is not significant in a big armies, but that would be nice to save the faces of soldiers as soon that they are recruted. That way, even in a big army, it increases the feeling of consistency everytime you notice the face of a knight you recruted as a peasant. It would make the feeling of having an army made of real character more authentic.

Even better (and obviously sad), it would give a real sense of drama if you find that knight lying dead on the battle field. The must of the must would to have persistent soldiers, with persistent gears. I obviously don't know if they have already implemented this in Bannerlord, but in case, I suggest.

Narlan said:
I have a serious suggestions for Bannerlord.

persistant face generation

In Warband, when a soldier is generated in a battle, his face is also randomly generated. For exemple, if you have only one soldier, one battle after another, he won't be the same guy and won't have the same equipment. Only lords have persistents faces and gear. This is not significant in a big armies, but that would be nice to save the faces of soldiers as soon that they are recruted. That way, even in a big army, it increases the feeling of consistency everytime you notice the face of a knight you recruted as a peasant. It would make the feeling of having an army made of real character more authentic.

Even better (and obviously sad), it would give a real sense of drama if you find that knight lying dead on the battle field. The must of the must would to have persistent soldiers, with persistent gears. I obviously don't know if they have already implemented this in Bannerlord, but in case, I suggest.
Very good suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom