Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion taleworlds lost a great opportunity at e3. They could show a duel between lust and steve to illustrate the combat system, which is the core of m&b. The siege video doesn't transmit the real essence of the game to who discovers it for the first time. Probably they didn't have the game at e3, they went there only with usb key with the two videos. :grin:
Few informations for a game that is going to be release (in beta) in 5 months.

Everyone already knows the combat system. It didn't change much. They wouldn't have a reason to highlight that when they have said multiple times its hasn't changed much since warband. Its perfect as is anyway. The Sieges have changed dramatically, thats why they showed us that. Thats what needed the most work.

K.A. said:
In my opinion taleworlds lost a great opportunity at e3. They could show a duel between lust and steve to illustrate the combat system, which is the core of m&b. The siege video doesn't transmit the real essence of the game to who discovers it for the first time.

So 1vs1 video shows the real essence of bannerlord instead of a siege, big fight and a lot going on? I'm pretty a siege video is way more interesting than a duel video.

Even if fans didn't got much new info this time, I'm pretty sure they made new potential fans there with this performance.

Plus every other medieval game is showing off their crappy "new" "innovative" combat which is actually based of M&B's. If they showed a duel it would make bannerlord look like those crappy games. Taleworlds did what they needed to do at E3 for good publicity of a great game. The siege was the right move on their part.

What i meant was they could show a duel in addition to siege video. For me the siege is enough (i play mostly siege on multi) but it would have been nice to see a duel to look at the new animations and other little improvements they did.

Personally I find that going back through the previous blogs (engine power and the music blog especially) helps greatly to ease the pain that the lack of Bannerlord causes.

I'm amazed by the amount of people who appear to have nothing better to do than wait for Bannerlord information. Go do other things, for God's sake. You'll see the new stuff when it's revealed. No point in wasting one's time waiting for something, or not sleeping because of something.

Lumos said:
I'm amazed by the amount of people who appear to have nothing better to do than wait for Bannerlord information. Go do other things, for God's sake. You'll see the new stuff when it's revealed. No point in wasting one's time waiting for something, or not sleeping because of something.
I don't have life and I'm playing pretty much only m&b since 2008
sigh

Well, I'm disappointed we didn't get more than two videos (including the trailer, which was very similar to the actual gameplay vid), but as soon as it was known the segment at E3 was going to be just 15 minutes long it seemed likely that the siege video would be the only one shown. Perhaps people would be less disappointed if Taleworlds hadn't so rapidly put the siege video on Youtube after their PC Gaming event slot? I don't think they've ever put a video up that fast, and it meant we didn't have to wait until the E3 slot for the full screen viewing of it, but they got nothing but grief for it in the end!

I certainly hope we'll get more information and/or screenshots in a blog very soon; maybe they had planned to show more but didn't know how limited the time would be. In terms of information, there were only details that the video told us- about what catapults could destroy, that there would be ballistas, fire pots and rocks dropped from murder holes, siege equipment can be set on fire, defenders retreat to the keep once the walls are lost. All this was fantastic to see. Also, of course, we saw how siege equipment can be deployed by the attacker. Other than that we saw in action for the first time things that we already knew would be in the game- arrows and javelins bouncing off stone walls for example. It was great to see this, but I was hoping for some more info on the game. Maybe that isn't really possible at events like this where they have to go through the basic introduction to the series every time, but they could put it in a blog or a press release.

N.B. The extended siege video has 438,967 views since Monday. Granted, 967 of those are attributable to me, but it is still getting a lot of interest.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the view count. Nearly half a million views and it hasn't even been four days since it was posted. I hope Bannerlord becomes so popular that they never have to waste time answering questions like "So, what is Mount & Blade?" ever again.

Lumos said:

It was the E3 though. Who wouldn't have expected something big? And you're here as well, which means you've checked the thread for more info... Just as guilty as the rest.

Louis said:
Our only good well is the group of no english game magazines, whose Bloc translates as if he was a messenger from the Talewords universe to ours. Bloc is jesus.
Oh my, Bloc you are truly Jesus.
Hey, know whats funny? Devblog will come out just in August
That's one of my issues as well. Most other upcoming games have a ton of info readily available and easily accessible. However, we have to go so far as to look for articles in other languages just to get any scrap of new info. By info, I don't even mean videos or blogs per se. I just want information on some game mechanics or the game in general. For example:
How does aging work?
Is their any form of lineage or succession? (Yes or no, just to end the speculation)
Is recruitment and upgrading the same as warband?
What new political mechanics have been added?
Is ruling a faction/coming to power the same as warband? How does that work?
What else does seasons affect?
Are companions all recruited from taverns?
Etc.
I don't think it's unfair to ask for answers to these for a game set to be "released" within about 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom