Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bowman said:
They could easily use Q. since it's unused, and is close to WASD.
It brings up quest log and is more handy than I thought. Wouldn't even call it useful if not the fact that when I was playing Carribean! lately it annoyed me that it doesn't work that way there.

Z0mbiN3 said:
The fate of the entire Calradian Empire could be decided upon a chess battle. Imagine how epic it would be.

Why lose men when you have chess?

When reading this forum my wife noticed they were talking about Calradian Chess games. She read your comment and said "This is the plot to the No Game No Life anime!"

Seems like I need to practice my Calradian Board games so I can gamble with the lives of my citizens!

Do not look here said:
The Bowman said:
They could easily use Q. since it's unused, and is close to WASD.
It brings up quest log and is more handy than I thought. Wouldn't even call it useful if not the fact that when I was playing Carribean! lately it annoyed me that it doesn't work that way there.

L also brings up that section, though Q opens it at notes and L just shows a blank page. You can then choose any of the tabs at the bottom of the screen; game log, notes etc. Still, there are probably lots of other keys that could be used.

Something I've noticed on the recently released "Extended siege video" - defender AI is better at prioritizing close foes in siege! Look in this video roughly at 5:46. Defender on the left walks away from the main keep where all are retreating and strikes one of the player's troops, only to continue retreating after. And they use shields too! I thought that was pretty cool, and nobody mentioned it, I think...

Some soldiers do get stuck on a door later which is worrying, but hopefully devs will fix it.

Also: a flaming ballista bolt can be seen at 6:58

Whats the deal with broken wood at 2:38? Is that the previous bridge broken? I wonder what happened before that siege, did defenders themself destroy their bridge to delay any assault via ram?

Dear devs at Taleworlds, please change the fact that you have to halt your horse completely before being able to dismount, it has been a great annoyance of mine in warband, especially in multiplayer, it just takes too long. Moreover, having to look down after having come to a complete stop on your horse and essentially "searching" for where the dismount option shows up is in my opinion rather odd, I would much prefer a dedicated key to press if you want to dismount, so non of this nonsense has to take place. It i just to painstaking when you want to hop off your horse quickly in a battle, in both singleplayer but especially multiplayer. I would suggest you can dismount when your horse is going at a walking pace and a dedicated keybind is added for dismounting.

Cheers

If there's still a crouch key, could just use that for dismounting. Or holding down the jump key when at  very slow speeds.

Brendan13 said:
Why are there no livestreams? Was the siege the only video?

C'mon now, this was answered just two pages ago.

spurklez said:
https://twitter.com/captainlust/status/743056230067773440?lang=tr
Have you seen Frank Elliott's tweet about going live again at E3

At first it looked all beautiful but then I watched the trailer again two or three times and I noticed that sieges aren't changed as I hoped except for the new features like catapults and ram.
Don't take me wrong, I think that stucking and improving the original game was the right thing to do for the devs but at the point you take this decision you must work more to make what you already have to be better for real and not add just some stuff here and there.
What happened with the AI? it is almost the same as the old warband and improving it had to be one of the principal priorities: the npcs hardly protect themself and cluster all together getting stucked at every bottle neck like doors and the bad thing is that you still can't push them so you will get stucked with them too, this is something that I always hated.
Also I noticed that squary small maps are still here, am I wrong or the maps still use the old bad terrain borders system? it's like the map has no continuity with the background...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom