Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked to me like there might be a secondary part to the siege (like in Warband). Didn't a lot of enemies retreat into the keep just before the second gate broke? at about 5.45

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
rammler1991 said:
Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
rammler1991 said:
Hmm i am a little bit dissapointed from the size of the castle. It is not much bigger then in Warband. Just a simple round castle with only one defence line.......

No castle keep,
no stables, kitchen, sleeping and livingrooms, weaponchamber, jails, etc.

There is still no life in the castle. Where are the stableboys? civilians?

I really hoped that there would be realistic castles with more walls, towers, more lockable doors and gates, a last keep as well.
And a castle does not only contain soldiers. Where are women and kids who need to be defended in siege?

I hope town-sieges have a bigger scene
Imagine even trying to run that

So? I would rather run 10 minutes from gate to gate like in real life than defending just a lego-castle
Talking about performance. Running that much **** will tank your fps mang.

Hmm, the devs told that even a gtx 660 could run the game on good settings. At pcgamer weekender frank even played on a laptop.....
So i think there should be some space for improvments.

But one simple question:
Did you ever use the "move around the cortyard" button in castles?
Its totally boring..... There are just 4 to 5 soldiers guarding a lego-castle on the walls. NO life, no animals, no peasants, no action.......
Just guards standing on the wall doing nothin.

After i saw the towns in bannerlord with all the people and the big market places i hoped the castles would get some love too. More life in castles, barracks, training areas, kitchen, dining rooms, own keep and stables. People going around. a blacksmith.
Just a living castle.

Ok siege is different.
But in a siege the people should still be in the castle. you need to defend your folk. But here again like in warband: your just defending one simple wall, after that:no defence line, no peasants to defend, no last keep

Medieval castle were not big. They were small, and intended to be defended by few men. A big castle would be harder to protect against large armies due to a larger area of attack that can be exploited by all the attackers. Smaller castle have smaller area, but still opposes the same challenge to capture.
I am glad that TW is seeking for historical accuracy, even if of course it's impossible task to be 100% accurate. I am still very suspicious about the gameplay video feathuring Warband's sound effect...

rammler1991 said:
Ok siege is different.
But in a siege the people should still be in the castle. you need to defend your folk. But here again like in warband: your just defending one simple wall, after that:no defence line, no peasants to defend, no last keep

i am not 100% sure, but they seemed to be falling back to that big tower in the back, could be their keep at 5:48 of the extended video

After i saw the towns in bannerlord with all the people and the big market places i hoped the castles would get some love too. More life in castles, barracks, training areas, kitchen, dining rooms, own keep and stables. People going around. a blacksmith.
During an assault, there is no such thing as people going arround. Only soldiers are in a sieged castle.

Narlan said:
During an assault, there is no such thing as people going arround. Only soldiers are in a sieged castle.

Thats true. This point was referring to the "walk around the cortyard" button.
I always hated that there was no life in the castle when you discover its walls during peace.

Don't know what i mean? Try it out in warband....

And by the way: People are not transforming in air. In sieges women, kids and other people hided in castles too

I like how the AI retreated to the keep after losing the walls rather than just reserving like 5 men to hold the keep (as in warband). Still, it would be cool if it was a seemless transition between the walls and the keep.

Thats true. This point was referring to the "walk around the cortyard" button.
I always hated that there was no life in the castle when you discover its walls during peace.
Yes, I know. I thought that you were reffering to the siege video.

ZAecJ.jpg

Was Frank playing? Who was controlling the character? I know he was doing the early voiceover.

Whoever it is, they kind of suck. If it was you, Frank, I love you, but you suck <3

Also..I'm still noticing a LOT of jankiness with the animations. It's smoother overall, but I really hope it's not finished yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom