Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, place your bets. What do you expect on the show floor? Here's the odds I can offer  :smile:
Siege mechanics detailed: 1/1
Warband on consoles: 1/1
Bannerlord on consoles: 1/2
Beta date: 1/5
Release date: 1/10

Board games: 3/1  :fruity:

What other categories should we add?

LonelyStep said:
Well, place your bets. What do you expect on the show floor? Here's the odds I can offer  :smile:
Siege mechanics detailed: 1/1
Warband on consoles: 1/1
Bannerlord on consoles: 1/2
Beta date: 1/5
Release date: 1/10

Board games: 3/1  :fruity:

What other categories should we add?

Minor factions might be mentioned seeing as they haven't spoken much of the subject.

God damn nice video. It's basically warband's gameflow but all polished out.  I think I can spend another 5 years hitting those siege doors with those animations. Damn it. Here I thought I could end up being a good parent, spending time with my kids and family. You're going to wreck all of that now, aren't you?

But the big, big question is... male /female screaming audio clip staying or going?!

Hmm i am a little bit dissapointed from the size of the castle. It is not much bigger then in Warband. Just a simple round castle with only one defence line.......

No castle keep,
no stables, kitchen, sleeping and livingrooms, weaponchamber, jails, etc.

There is still no life in the castle. Where are the stableboys? civilians?

I really hoped that there would be realistic castles with more walls, towers, more lockable doors and gates, a last keep as well.
And a castle does not only contain soldiers. Where are women and kids who need to be defended in siege?

I hope town-sieges have a bigger scene

MrMundy said:
I realy hope that we can disable even the possibilty of flamming catapult balls. I realy just want to shell and get shelled with the ordinary rocks instead of some magicly enlightend fire ball.

I second that. Also I don't really like the exaggerated death movement of the guy who receives that flamming arrow. It was more realistic in Warband.

Reapy said:
God damn nice video. It's basically warband's gameflow but all polished out.  I think I can spend another 5 years hitting those siege doors with those animations. Damn it. Here I thought I could end up being a good parent, spending time with my kids and family. You're going to wreck all of that now, aren't you?

But the big, big question is... male /female screaming audio clip staying or going?!
Probably place holder as audio is usually one of the last things to go into a game

Johan_Stormcloak said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

Anyone else notice the stab at around 4:47?  It seems that the player is getting pushed back as the enemy soldier thrust his sword into him.

That looks like it's just a better 'hit stun'.

Though some of the swinging it looked like there was momentum behind the guys arm as it recovered from being parried. Seemed to slowly reel back then get pulled into position. Good stuff. Damn the wait.

rammler1991 said:
Hmm i am a little bit dissapointed from the size of the castle. It is not much bigger then in Warband. Just a simple round castle with only one defence line.......

No castle keep,

I really hoped that there would be realistic castles with more walls, towers, more lockable doors and gates, a last keep as well.
And a castle does not only contain soldiers. Where are women and kids who need to be defended in siege?

Imagine even trying to run that

I do hope the AI and pathing get tweaked a bit, there appears to still be some of the good old soldiers getting stuck in a doorway..

And I do hope the voices for your character and your soldiers are different in the full game. We still got them classic sounds from Warband.

looks very nice... I know a lot of people I want to use that fire on in MP  :party:

I also wonder what happens if you get between the swinging ram and the gate  :ohdear:

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
rammler1991 said:

No castle keep,

So? I would rather run 10 minutes from gate to gate like in real life than defending just a lego-castle

rammler1991 said:
Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
rammler1991 said:

No castle keep,

So? I would rather run 10 minutes from gate to gate like in real life than defending just a lego-castle
Talking about performance. Running that much **** will tank your fps mang.

I'm sure some of the mods that will obviously be made for bannerlord might very well up the scale of everything, I mean, look at the castles and towns and maps of some of the mods.

Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
rammler1991 said:
Gandalf_Gandalfian said:
rammler1991 said:

No castle keep,

Talking about performance. Running that much **** will tank your fps mang.
I mean, I don't think it would be too bad.

I'm sure potato PC's couldn't run it at high, but bannerlord doesn't look to be the highest of the end, graphics wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom