Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msO1UwtVL2M
One interview with Ümit Singil at E Game Show two weeks ago, he said that Bannerlord is also coming to consoles and Warband on PS4 is supporting more framerates and have much more detalied textures.

Dest45 said:
Wait so what kind of Bannerlord info can we expect in the next few days? Bannerlord wont be at E3? :sad:

Probably Taleworlds won't tell us when it will release and that combat with swords will be available in game.

kraggrim said:
A. Is there a reason to think the ratio would be different in the past? A couple of big SP mods (ACOK and Warsword) have had updates recently, might skew it a wee bit I suppose.
B. Correct, but surely from what they're playing at the time you can infer average preference?

There are points on either side as to how different the ratio might have been in the past. It would be staggering if the current tiny percentage were representative, so getting an accurate ratio using that method is probably no better than just guessing.

To use myself as an example, I've probably clocked, at a guess, about twice as many hours in SP, enjoying a heap of full conversion mods, but I've had the most fun within a mere few thousand hours of MP, so no, I'd say that it's not an accurate indicator.

Mount and blade was originally geared towards a single player audience. That is why SP is so popular. That's why I play M&B, absolutely not for the MP (though it's a nice addition).

If they were to shift their focus to MP over SP, I would simply stop playing Mount & Blade games. They have me as a fan BECAUSE of singleplayer, shifting gears like that would lose me (And many others) as fans.

I will not argue against improving MP, however. I absolutely think that's an avenue they should pursue. Just not at the expense of a good SP game.

I'm sorry, MP fans, but some of us don't want to constantly interact with other people all the time. We play Mount and blade to GET AWAY from people. It's like saying "Elder Scrolls 6 should be MP". **** that noise. Sure, I wouldn't argue against an online mode, but again...not at the expense of the singleplayer game.

Also, I've been out of the loop for a while. Any news worth looking at? I already saw the latest blog post and such, but haven't heard anything since (They basically just regurgitated what happened at the weekender anyway).

Polycount said:
Mount and blade was originally geared towards a single player audience. That is why SP is so popular. That's why I play M&B, absolutely not for the MP (though it's a nice addition).

If they were to shift their focus to MP over SP, I would simply stop playing Mount & Blade games. They have me as a fan BECAUSE of singleplayer, shifting gears like that would lose me (And many others) as fans.

I will not argue against improving MP, however. I absolutely think that's an avenue they should pursue. Just not at the expense of a good SP game.

I'm sorry, MP fans, but some of us don't want to constantly interact with other people all the time. We play Mount and blade to GET AWAY from people. It's like saying "Elder Scrolls 6 should be MP". **** that noise. Sure, I wouldn't argue against an online mode, but again...not at the expense of the singleplayer game.

Also, I've been out of the loop for a while. Any news worth looking at? I already saw the latest blog post and such, but haven't heard anything since (They basically just regurgitated what happened at the weekender anyway).
That's literally me. Couldn't have said it better

aekilju said:
Do we know when exactly Taleworlds is presenting tomorrow? Schedules or stream links? Would be good to know.
They'll be on the PC Gaming Show. Livestream today, Monday 13th June, starts at ~11am PDT, I think. (9h 40mins from writing this post.)
http://www.pcgamingshow.com/

Szioul said:
aekilju said:
Do we know when exactly Taleworlds is presenting tomorrow? Schedules or stream links? Would be good to know.
They'll be on the PC Gaming Show. Livestream today, Monday 13th June, starts at ~11am PDT, I think. (9h 40mins from writing this post.)
yay it's 9pm for me so i'll be out of school. Probably with an F in physics (I'm fûcking horrible) and maths (I'm also fûcking horrible) but at least I get Bonerlord

Đяαкøℵ said:
Szioul said:
aekilju said:
yay it's 9pm for me so i'll be out of school. Probably with an F in physics (I'm fûcking horrible) and maths (I'm also fûcking horrible) but at least I get Bonerlord
Maybe you should play less m&b and, you know, study.

Meevar the Mighty said:
There are points on either side as to how different the ratio might have been in the past. It would be staggering if the current tiny percentage were representative, so getting an accurate ratio using that method is probably no better than just guessing.
I don't see why it being broadly representative would be staggering, unless those hypothetical skewing factors came into play (why I asked about them). 10,000 players seems like a decent sample size to me. Plenty of surveys and studies use smaller numbers if i'm remembering correctly. And the ratios have been roughly similar whenever I've checked (right now 7800 to 1600).

Steamdb says about 2,000,000 owners, and 200,000 players in the last week. Can any scientist forumites weigh in on 10,000 being a useful sample-size :smile:?

To use myself as an example, I've probably clocked, at a guess, about twice as many hours in SP, enjoying a heap of full conversion mods, but I've had the most fun within a mere few thousand hours of MP, so no, I'd say that it's not an accurate indicator.
So you played more in the aspect you enjoy less? Is this a typical situation for Warband players? Seems a bit counter-intuitive to me.

Mervieg said:
Đяαкøℵ said:
Szioul said:
aekilju said:
I study, the teachers are just stupid and the classes hard.

Đяαкøℵ said:
Mervieg said:
Đяαкøℵ said:
Szioul said:
aekilju said:
I study, the teachers are just stupid and the classes hard.
Nobody cares for your middle-class student struggle. In this thread we just care for one single thing:

C O M M U N I S M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom