Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I love both SP and MP i have spent considerably more time on SP. I wouldn't have M&B any other way

I would love coop, I love playing with friends. I do like to play solo most of the time though

I would propably just shout at the guy I play Co-op with all the time and hit him, in real life that is, for every time he misses with a lance during a tournament.  :eek:

gindling said:
in the same vein steel is the best steel and since titanium hadn't been invented*. there is no such thing as magic meteor metal. the only exception to this is damascan steel which would be nice to see in the game.

Well actually titanium wasn't invented, its a naturally occurring metal, it was the process to smelt it that was invented.

There were plenty of cultures that used meteorites as metal for their swords since they were lacking in terrestrial iron deposits but you are right, there are no special properties for it, its just common iron and nickel mostly. Though through the smelting process carbon could be added to make it steel and hold an edge. In the East, damascus (wootz steel) was at first an unintentional byproduct of the smelting process which added layers of perlite to the steel that made the wavy grain pattern while in the West , Vikings mostly, it was called pattern welded steel and used only as a decorative element. Then in the mid ground, notably the Persians, both were used for some really outstanding looking weapons. But damascus steel is in no way superior to any other steel, just a hell of a lot prettier.
please read read my  post. I know titanium is not an invention. I wrote that myself.

I am not going to dispute the use of meteors for the production of metal goods but I do not believe there are special properties that made it superior except the fact that it was very easy to extract.

damascus/wootz steel was not the same as pattern welded steel. while pattern welded steel is made by combining different pieces of steel damascus steel was made in a crucible. It was actually superior, possibly due to the fact that the steel contained nanotubes. sadly the technique for making it was forgotten in the 18th century.

MrMundy said:
They obviously do. If you check steam, you can see that sometimes 8000 players (that being the ones online) play the game, while only about 1000 play Mutliplayer.

How do you see if they're playing SP or MP?

Open Multiplayer, apply filters, and then just set everything so that you have an empty list. You can see the number of filterd players on the top right.

MrMundy said:
Open Multiplayer, apply filters, and then just set everything so that you have an empty list. You can see the number of filterd players on the top right.

Ah cheers, I though he meant you could see through steam somehow.

8300 in steam, 1700 in multiplayer. Plus more SP offline/non-steam as he said. Seems fairly definitive, unless there's something I'm missing then maybe we can put this discussion to rest :smile:.

Edit: I another factor might be to do with when clans/regiments choose to organise their activities or something. Dunno how big a chunk of the player base is actually involved in that though.

kraggrim said:
MrMundy said:

8300 in steam, 1700 in multiplayer. Plus more SP offline/non-steam as he said. Seems fairly definitive, unless there's something I'm missing then maybe we can put this discussion to rest :smile:.

Edit: I another factor might be to do with when clans/regiments choose to organise their activities or something. Dunno how big a chunk of the player base is actually involved in that though.

Exactly what I  ment. I am in a regiment myself (eheh... I am there like once every few weeks), and when the events are you do of course get more players, but overwise the majority of players are in SP only.

VonTwat said:
I find it surprising that so many people actually seem to prefer SP over MP. I usually play MP myself and most of my total play time consists of MP.
I stopped playing MP because of the majority of players being assholes who have nothing better to do but to TK all the time.
And NW is just full of historical inaccuracys, which annoyes the heck out of me.

Golradir said:
The only reason M&B is still around is because of its multiplayer and mods for it. Taleworlds should stick to what has made the series successful and I can tell you it is not sp 

Then M&B would just be another of the many MP only medieval games on steam. A quality SP game in this genre is hard to find.

They should add crafting and resource farming, just to be competitive with the rest.  :lol:

Apparently you guys are playing on the wrong servers if you get teamkilled all the time  :eek:
Plovercrest said:
Golradir said:
The only reason M&B is still around is because of its multiplayer and mods for it. Taleworlds should stick to what has made the series successful and I can tell you it is not sp 

Then M&B would just be another of the many MP only medieval games on steam. A quality SP game in this genre is hard to find.

They should add crafting and resource farming, just to be competitive with the rest.  :lol:
you missed the joke where i replaced the post from the guy above me whining about that mp needs to **** off with sp  :party:

kraggrim said:
MrMundy said:

There is currently a lot of different events going on at the moment, Saturday evening is quite busy. Just checked and there is about 10 000 players in Warband, 7000 doing singleplayer and 3000 doing multiplayer.

I don't get the SP vs MP debate.

SP is simply more popular than MP because that's the original target audience, and the other side of the coin hasn't been developed to the fullest extent. The multiplayer market is a huge and ever-growing one with the potential to surpass any other kind, and TW would be mad to not try to get even just a fraction of it, considering how solid and fun is Warband's fighting system.

Envious_Elazul said:
kraggrim said:
MrMundy said:

There is currently a lot of different events going on at the moment, Saturday evening is quite busy. Just checked and there is about 10 000 players in Warband, 7000 doing singleplayer and 3000 doing multiplayer.

Recently, I tend to play Warband whenever the colonel from my regiment invites me to an event- I play Singleplayer then though.  :grin:
Oh dammit... I dont know if he is on this forum..

Ehh..

I mean my internet always dies! Yes, yes!

Golradir said:
Apparently you guys are playing on the wrong servers if you get teamkilled all the time  :eek:
Plovercrest said:
Golradir said:

you missed the joke where i replaced the post from the guy above me whining about that mp needs to **** off with sp  :party:

That's because you are oh so good at internet sarcasm.  :roll:

Yabloko said:
I don't get the SP vs MP debate.

SP is simply more popular than MP because that's the original target audience, and the other side of the coin hasn't been developed to the fullest extent. The multiplayer market is a huge and ever-growing one with the potential to surpass any other kind, and TW would be mad to not try to get even just a fraction of it, considering how solid and fun is Warband's fighting system.
I'd be cautious with that statement. the medieval multiplayer genre* is much more saturated by other games. I also wonder if your statement about the size of the medieval multiplayer scene is really that large compared to the mount and blade single layer scene. it is more vocal though resulting in a closer community.

furthermore multiplayer is a lot more expensive to maintain. one does need to pay for servers and patches while only selling a single product per user. this might make is less viable. while "getting a fraction" might be good they should keep in mind that from the numbers we know single player will be the primary source of sales.

warband had a lot of flaws and is probably from an objective position quite a bad game.** it just happens to be the only game in it's genre. there is a lot of room to improve in both areas. I hope thay will do so and deliver a polished game.

*yeah I just thought that up. it seems fitting.

** graphics that are from a forgotten age, clumsy inventory systems, simple and incoherent skill system, lots of grind, obtrusive menus, repetitive battles and a lot of badly implemented tacked on features. the game is far from a masterpiece in the art of game design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom