Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure people have speculated before but this quote has me thinking..

"At E3, our focus will be on one feature we think has come on leaps and bounds, compared to previous Mount & Blade games and it's absolutely something we get asked about a lot... but we are keeping it a surprise till June"

Clearly, the "something we get asked about a lot..." is sieges. I can't really think of anything else it might be.

If this is the case, what do you think has made it "come leaps and bounds" from M&B warband? Destructible environments? Intrigue plots to topple cities from the inside? 'd love to know what you guys think.

EZI0SREVALATION said:

"At E3, our focus will be on one feature we think has come on leaps and bounds, compared to previous Mount & Blade games and it's absolutely something we get asked about a lot... but we are keeping it a surprise till June"

Clearly, the "something we get asked about a lot..." is sieges. I can't really think of anything else it might be.

If this is the case, what do you think has made it "come leaps and bounds" from M&B warband? Destructible environments? Intrigue plots to topple cities from the inside? 'd love to know what you guys think.
We saw rams and catapults in the Gamescon video of last year, so I think destructible environments are confirmed :grin:. Other new features seem to be the ability to choose what siege equipment you take to battle and more interaction with these siege weapons.

Arty is already present in some mods, aswell as rams in Brytenwalda.
Its way more likely that they are set things you can destroy in a certain way, e.g. the gates, certain walls, etc.

MrMundy said:
Arty is already present in some mods

Er, yeah, kind of.  :roll: Just like sword combat was already in Moonstone back in 1991, so why bother making M&B? The catapults in some mods are a mere novelty, like the hot air balloon. They do not work well enough to be considered functioning features, not by a long shot. The models are crude and lack good animation but that is the least of the problem; the walls simply disappear from the scene when they have been hit enough by the slow, floating projectiles. It's a gimmick for online mods, nothing more.

MrMundy said:
Its not the job of a company, which has employees, to look after the mod developers if they will be able to finish their mods when they re-release a game.
AoE2 HD is indeed better then the ol' one.
If you realy want to critize a game becouse it stopped development of a mod, then what the heck are you doing on the Bannerlord Blog treat?
Wait, what?
Im in a Bannerlord thread, from a company who enjoys community and its mod
Have you ever played any mod of AoE which adds more civs? Now, had you ever seen one who adds at least 1 more than in-cd game of HD?.
I would change something graphically knowing I am making it HD, like, accurate, pretty models. Or at least, why do a Aztec champion has a goddamn steel, Claymore-a-like sword? Cultural differences.
Also, I dont know NOW, but at release, could you play windowed? I didnt check on that.
Now, I do like it now. But I think its a better on a sale more than normal price. Great games can be made, and great mods can help the base game

EZI0SREVALATION said:

Honestly it's almost 100% that they'll put in the sieges, but if they already hinted that ages ago they'll probably throw in more candy.
I've always wanted a "merge" of Crusader Kings and Mount & Blade, as of now I am hoping they make politics matter, or at least make sense, in BL...

Louis said:
MrMundy said:
Its not the job of a company, which has employees, to look after the mod developers if they will be able to finish their mods when they re-release a game.
AoE2 HD is indeed better then the ol' one.
If you realy want to critize a game becouse it stopped development of a mod, then what the heck are you doing on the Bannerlord Blog treat?
Wait, what?
Im in a Bannerlord thread, from a company who enjoys community and its mod
Have you ever played any mod of AoE which adds more civs? Now, had you ever seen one who adds at least 1 more than in-cd game of HD?.
I would change something graphically knowing I am making it HD, like, accurate, pretty models. Or at least, why do a Aztec champion has a goddamn steel, Claymore-a-like sword? Cultural differences.
Also, I dont know NOW, but at release, could you play windowed? I didnt check on that.
Now, I do like it now. But I think its a better on a sale more than normal price. Great games can be made, and great mods can help the base game
actually I did play amod that added new civs. it was called the forgotten empires :wink:

my main problem with AoE II hd however is that they ask 20 euro and 31 with the new expansions when about eight years ago I payed 5 euro for both AoE and AoE II both with expansions. the 1080p hack , steam workshop, (apparently bad) new multiplayer and (apparently) a plethora of bugs isn't worth 17 euro to me. It is a clear cash grab. they should have looked at stronghold whose hd release also only upgraded the resolution but at least is a more passable 4 euro instead.

AoE II HD is regularly on sale for dirt cheap, though. On pretty much any occasion, whenever there's a sale, it's off, and it's often less than $3. The new expansions are reduced as well, though naturally not that dramatically.

Lumos said:
AoE II HD is regularly on sale for dirt cheap, though. On pretty much any occasion, whenever there's a sale, it's off, and it's often less than $3. The new expansions are reduced as well, though naturally not that dramatically.
This is really sad compared to those LuMag revelations we used to get with regularity.  LuMag was much more reliable than any other source of information.

Those UN bombings on our bases really took their toll in the long run. You can threaten current investors only so much, and being a persona non grata in 133 countries doesn't help when trying to secure new funds. The Pentagon, the CIA, and a bunch of other sides are all shilling out their firearms to armed militants in the Middle East, which means that we don't get as much profit from doing the same as we did before. We don't deal with drugs because of my strict principles, and that stuff is really profitable, so we lose on that too, and the instability of the world and the prices of oil that have been fluctuating in recent times... Well, it's getting a little too much for us, you know. I hate to admit it, but it's true.
Soldiers, researchers and all other types of staff imaginable (even hairdressers, believe it or not, we've got our own) need to be paid. Most probably wouldn't mind if they weren't paid as much, but I've got my principles. Building military tech and experimenting with all manners of bonkers stuff is VERY expensive as well. You wouldn't believe how high the safety costs for the chemical and biological weapons division are. Only the costs needed to ensure the staff won't die. Materials and actual experiments are even worse.
We were over $13 billion in the red last year. And I mean "billions", not "milliards". Like "1 with 12 zeroes after it".

With all this said, I hope it's become pretty clear that LumoCorp Ltd. has had to make cuts in the spending, and unfortunately, our blossoming gaming magazine was one of them. The "LuMag, the only magazine" division had to be let go for the good of the company.

SenorZorros said:
actually I did play amod that added new civs. it was called the forgotten empires :wink:
On normal AoE, I originally sayeth "On HD version".
  Forgotten Empires is for OG AoE. You mean the first expansion "The Forgotten" Its not quite the same

LumoCorp Ltd. remains an equal rights employer which strives to be as open, positive, and inclusive as possible, and looks at the skill-set and only the skill-set of any potential candidates. (We'd include "safe space" in the list of buzz-words, but given the precarious nature of the current state of affairs and the bombings of our bases of operation, that would be a blatant lie.)

Moreover, we remain wholly separate from any and all national, political, military, religious, or commercial groups, foundations, organisations, or other establishments. Our funding is self-provided, allowing us to remain a stable haven in a time of shifting interests. LumoCorp Ltd. is a charitable body, registered in The World with a registration number TW337548871 (disputed), and is acknowledged from The World's authorities as a "recognised body" which has been granted commercial, educational, militaristic, religious, degree awarding, and other powers (disputed). Not all apply to all regions of The World. Please check with your local council for more information.

Louis said:
SenorZorros said:
On normal AoE, I originally sayeth "On HD version".
  Forgotten Empires is for OG AoE. You mean the first expansion "The Forgotten" Its not quite the same
my apologies, I forgot AoE 1 is a thing.
but the forgotten expansion actually started of as a mod that's still available today though it does lack some features the dlc has.

xdj1nn said:
Honestly it's almost 100% that they'll put in the sieges, but if they already hinted that ages ago they'll probably throw in more candy.
I've always wanted a "merge" of Crusader Kings and Mount & Blade, as of now I am hoping they make politics matter, or at least make sense, in BL...
Yeah, i'd love such merge. Politics of CK and the combat and strategy of M&B. And perhaps a mode to see the map just like CK. Sorry for my bad english.

I feel like you're fighting a losing battle, Alene.

People are just far too impatient for this game, though I will admit that the latest blog didn't really help matters.

Come on guys; It's not as if we've paid for anything yet, so what's with the expectations? Let them work at their own pace, and go off and do something productive.

There, I said it. Sue me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom