Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 99% sure we'll be able to mod co-op into Bonerlord.

Also, to change subjects I'm gonna drop a question:

What possible Bannerlord mods are you fantasizing about?
(you can't hide it from me, I'm 100% certain you're fantasizing about epic mods).

rariisan said:

(you can't hide it from me, I'm 100% certain you're fantasizing about epic mods).

Decapitation mod, probably something that gives EVEN MORE customization options of sorts and then the regular stuff to add more content such as weapons, companions, and ofcourse the fantasy mods implementing GoT and LoTR and such.

rariisan said:

Lord of the Rings, Egyptian / Mythology Mod (think Age of Mythology enters Bannerlord!), Star Wars, WWI/II, and a "Dawn of man" might be quite interesting. The thing is exceptionally early stages of human existance would be hard to replicate not only due to historical inaccuracies, but politics at this point aren't exactly well developed. Sure you could have Cave tribe X dislikes early settlement Y, but overall it would have to focus on very different things to make it an active experience with systems built for it.

Things like crafting (in the form of having supplies to survive), resource management, and as you build up your settlement/cave tribe's wealth you would need to prepare for other larger groups trying to attack you to steal your resources.

My first thought would be you start off part of some early settlement or village. You have basic amounts of supplies (hides, flint, bone, wood, ETC), and to gather more to keep the settlement working you would have to acquire more either through legitimate hunting, spending time/hours in the overworld searching for flint areas, spending time/hours in the overworld chopping wood, and so forth to then bring them back and slowly build up your place of residence. Of course nearby settlements/cave dwellers you find can have some form of relation with your town, and depending on how many resources your place has compared to them gives a base line for how aggressive they will be towards you. You can access your settlement/cave's stockpile at any time to add things to it, and take from it (may require some form of currency like influence to make sense E.G. If you've brought back 40 hides they will probably let you have some lumber/stone).

The gameplay loop would need to be reinvigorated with sensible, but interesting things that allow for the setting to work. I think so far the ones that have came out based around that time period have suffered because of this. It would require a lot of interesting and new mechanics to make it entertaining to play, and the way you gather certain items would need an overhaul to fit into the setting and allow it to be a fun process while still being balanced.

TL;DR One of the mod settings I'd like the most is almost impossible unless a team of people with really good problem-solving skills got together. Early Human Era

I'm really fantasizing a mod of the Crusades, but one that keep history as balanced as it was. The Turks and the Fatimids of Egypt as a REAL threat to the Christian states in the Holy Land, and making sure that they're are allies and not at war with each other. One that makes historical war equipment and proportional army sizes, like very strong, but small armies for the crusaders and weaker (but not so much) troops for the Turks and Arabs, but having in numbers what they lack in quality.

rariisan said:

:shock: You are right, I am!

What I hope for more than anything is a total conversion early Roman Empire mod- singleplayer only. I want Roman legions with the sword worn on the right hip (should be very simple to do because a Turkish magazine played some multiplayer and the swords can already be worn on either hip) and a shield carried properly, with the horizontal centre grip and when running it should be held as still as possible, not swinging in the full range of movement that a runner's arm makes without a shield. I want to see a Roman system that allows the player to be a governor or a general (or lower military ranks), not both. I want cavalry to be stirrup-less and Romans to be on small horses for the most part.

rariisan said:

I really hope Solid&Shade will be ported to Bannerlord. Also, an Age of Change style mod would be nice (too bad Age of Change II is dead).

I think the idea for how to make Co-op work as suggested with it pausing while a battle is taking place and only let players fairly close to it being able to join in as reinforcements. Otherwise just slow down time a lot for the AI when the battle is ongoing (Unbalanced? yes of course! But this is not meant to be a competitive playstyle but about having fun with your friends)

Otherwise as i suggested myself just making everything real time this is not optimal i know! But it should be fairly easy for the devs to make. And i prefer having this than nothing at all!

About the argument about taking devtime from other things they could easily hire 5-7 new developers to only focus on implementing/creating co-op as their salary would easily be paid for due to the additional sales from this :smile:

If nothing else i hope for the ability to be companions and just have one single party together. Would actually be cool if the main player could assign troops under his player "captains" and make for some epic tactics.

But i must admit i will be dissapointed if there's no co-op at all since i've been hoping for it even before warband was released  :?: 

rariisan said:

I would like to see some mods which allow you to play Bannerlord right now.

Hashter said:
rariisan said:

I would like to see some mods which allow you to play Bannerlord right now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DanAngleland said:
rariisan said:

What I hope for more than anything is a total conversion early Roman Empire mod- singleplayer only. I want Roman legions with the sword worn on the right hip (should be very simple to do because a Turkish magazine played some multiplayer and the swords can already be worn on either hip) and a shield carried properly, with the horizontal centre grip and when running it should be held as still as possible, not swinging in the full range of movement that a runner's arm makes without a shield. I want to see a Roman system that allows the player to be a governor or a general (or lower military ranks), not both. I want cavalry to be stirrup-less and Romans to be on small horses for the most part.

This.

DanAngleland said:
rariisan said:

That.

Guys you think a 2gb vram can handle this game ?  after saw their demo pc my gtx 960 bricked now i have to comfort her with her fav thermal paste  :facepalm:

Edit: damn shes crying and say "you gonna leave me right like that raedeon girl " dam you pc gamer !

berkyx said:
Guys you think a 2gb vram can handle this game ?  after saw their demo pc my gtx 960 bricked now i have to comfort her with her fav thermal paste  :facepalm:

Edit: damn shes crying and say "you gonna leave me right like that raedeon girl " dam you pc gamer !
Now I fear for my 960 aswell because you fear so... I do think that it'll be able to handle it, because mine easily ran Witcher 3 on high settings without hairworks, though it was OC

spartansoldier8 said:
berkyx said:

Now I fear for my 960 aswell because you fear so... I do think that it'll be able to handle it, because mine easily ran Witcher 3 on high settings without hairworks, though it was OC

My girl little sensitive you know but she will forget after few rounds project reality

spartansoldier8 said:
I doubt Mount and Blade will be more demanding than Witcher 3, so I wouldn't worry if I were you. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom