Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NightHawkreal said:
mr.playa said:
cant wait to make a conan the barbarian character with the presets they have made lol

https://youtu.be/Ed8tDwuKphY?t=8m21s
Like this?  :smile:

yep exactly haha omg

i laughed so much when i saw the presets
the Vin Diesel character was epic as will hahaha

Polycount said:
I'm really blown away by the character model and combat animation quality so far. I like the thickness of the individual body parts, I like the bulkier feeling, whilst still feeling agile at the same time. Really excited to be a ranger-type character  :grin: (1h sword + bow) You posting that video reminded me how awesome the textures look, too.

Personally, I'm scared, what kind of faces I will see in the multiplayer.  I think I can not fight properly.  :smile:

Polycount said:
mr.playa said:
just saw the stream on youtube
this game is going to be a huge game of the year contender with all the things  they have added
i really liked the whole town part

man this game without mods looks very amazing

imagine when mods join in
am gonna waste more years on mount and blade i guess
totally worth it

and also where can i get the demo ?

There's no demo as of yet, but they may have one when the game releases. What some people here are talking about is a potential open Beta towards the end of the year, but no demo is available right now. Did you mean the video?
wait a minute
are u saying that there is no chance that it might get released this year :sad:

the more they wait the more their graphics will look old

for me the gameplay is what matters the most
heck i still play the original mount and blade with the SOD MOD
my golden days of gaming  :cool:

but still i want this game to make the impact it deserves on the gaming community

NightHawkreal said:
Polycount said:
I'm really blown away by the character model and combat animation quality so far. I like the thickness of the individual body parts, I like the bulkier feeling, whilst still feeling agile at the same time. Really excited to be a ranger-type character  :grin: (1h sword + bow) You posting that video reminded me how awesome the textures look, too.

Personally, I'm scared, what kind of faces I will see in the multiplayer.  I think I can not fight properly.  :smile:

Haha, yeah, with a more detailed character editor comes some pretty frightening possibilities. Perhaps Taleworlds will give us the option to give certain people a default face so we don't vomit  :lol:

@mr.playa On the contrary, there's every possibility that it will be released this year. I'm just saying that there isn't a demo now, but Taleworlds wants to get the game in our hands in some form (which is why I said it may be an open Beta) by the end of the year. It could also be a full release. There's no way of knowing until they reveal a bit more info, but I'm willing to bet money it wouldn't release any later than Q1 next year.

NightHawkreal said:
Polycount said:

solid point right there

takes the mind places u know :smile:

Guray said:
I do not know if I am the only one noticed this but... There were no castles on the map. It was only cities and villages. So I assume you build your own keep to the village and it basically acts as a castle. This would also make it easier for people to get their first fief and start their faction
Yes, in your settlement you can choose that Castle project. They show it on 11 blog -

1zp4jte.jpg

hreoue.jpg

Polycount said:
NightHawkreal said:
Polycount said:

Haha, yeah, with a more detailed character editor comes some pretty frightening possibilities. Perhaps Taleworlds will give us the option to give certain people a default face so we don't vomit  :lol:

@mr.playa On the contrary, there's every possibility that it will be released this year. I'm just saying that there isn't a demo now, but Taleworlds wants to get the game in our hands in some form (which is why I said it may be an open Beta) by the end of the year.

no matter what we will see in there

it will not be uglier than ark freaks of nature

Polycount said:
NightHawkreal said:
Polycount said:

@mr.playa On the contrary, there's every possibility that it will be released this year. I'm just saying that there isn't a demo now, but Taleworlds wants to get the game in our hands in some form (which is why I said it may be an open Beta) by the end of the year. It could also be a full release. There's no way of knowing until they reveal a bit more info, but I'm willing to bet money it wouldn't release any later than Q1 next year.

will i have been waiting three years for this so lets hope they do it this year

until then

warpand mods will keep us quenched

I am really impressed what I have been seeing. One thing about the big fight with cavalry. At first I thought the battleground became chaotic because of the cavalry charge but after rewatching the video you can clearly see that the player selects the infantry and charges them right after the cav charge. So it is possible to keep the formations like before. I'm just wondering if morale would affect the ability to keep troops in formation?

In warband I really liked the sword/weapon thrusts in the air and cheering after victory in battle. I wish they would get deeper with this and allow us to go to our companions or well performed troops and be able to complement them and pat their back for a job well done.

Somebody mentioned that it would be cool to be able to pierce/finish fallen enemies on the ground with some kind of animation. I agree with this in case you are not invulnerable during this animation. After battle going around and relieving the enemies from their  pain and suffering would be glorious.

I've been watching some of the Vlandia-Empire battle in slow motion (fighting bits only, not the approach) and have noticed some interesting action. In the few seconds after the Vl. cavalry first hits the Imp. infantry, the infantry lose about 7 men (this is within 5 seconds). Then the infantry are told to charge (the Imp. cavalry are already on the scene by then, in fact they meet the enemy three seconds after the charge hits). But before they charge they don't seem greatly disrupted by the Vl. attack, though a few Vl. have broken through and rode out the back of the line and the front ranks of infantry are visibly squashed back against men behind. Also at least one riderless horse comes out the back during those first few seconds, so the infantry killed someone. For anyone interested, the Vl. charge hits at 24:58 in the video which I will link to at the bottom of this post.

The next interesting bit I notice is that when the archers are moved forward, a few Vl. cavalrymen ride past or into them, yet most of them keep their bows out. This is good in my opinion, because of course they are of little threat to a passing horseman with a sword or cudgel rather than their bows. This is at around 25:30. A well armoured Vl. with a mail barded horse comes through at this point before the player slashes at him and the horse goes down; when I saw it in full speed the other day I thought it strange that an armoured horse would die so fast, and assumed it must have been hit a lot before- and in slow motion you can see the evidence of that, it's front half is riddled with at least 6 arrows! The way the horse and man fall looks good too.

Another note about the above incident is that the fallen horseman is set upon by a few of the nearby archers, and is surrounded by about five men about two seconds after he is on his feet, taking an arrow I think before the ones with swords are on him. The interesting thing though is that before he has even got to his feet he has sheathed his lance and drawn his sword, whereas I noticed at 25:23 a modestly armoured Vl. loses his mount and uses the spear/lance that he had while riding, suggesting that not all horsemen get a sword.

At 25:55, the player orders his archers forward, showing the cards at the top of the screen again (which appear when orders are being given). We can see that only the infantry has suffered, losing twenty men. Twenty five seconds later they have lost another eight men. That must be due to some wounded ones being finished off by the remaining Vl. cavalry, which surprised me because in the area surrounding the player the Vl. cav seem very depleted (I think they began with about 24 cav). The infantry seem entirely to be on the right side compared to the archers who are moving into a position on the lower slope of the hill to the left of the screen, facing the Vl. infantry which has begun moving down by 26:16.

At 26:44, we again see the unit cards and the archers, who briefly faced the Vl. infantry charge alone before the cav caught up, have lost 18 men. Surprisingly it seems the Vl. archers charged with the infantry- their bows and quivers were clear enough to see in the ten seconds before this point. I noticed one quiver with one or two arrows in, but the majority looked empty, which might be why they charged with the infantry. However there may be one or two still further up the hill, because having come all the way round the back of the Vl. infantry and down to the far flank, an arrow thuds into the side of the player's head at 26:41. At 26:44, the Imp. infantry have been stood to the side about 10m from the action, and now all Imp. units are told to charge, though the archers and cavalry were already engaged here. I think a few seconds later a few Vl. are trying to flee, though they might just have been following Imp. archers.

At 27:14 the player, having dismounted a while before, is struck down expertly by a right to left swing from a Vl. armoured man, who catches him in the upper chest near the tip of the blade. It is quite funny because a couple of seconds before the Vl. is on the floor, and a couple of Imp. horsemen come rushing in to get him and collide, the nearer one rearing. The player is behind this rearing cataphract, from beyond which the Vl. comes, sword swinging, and poor Phil is slain.

When looking at the kills at the end, I noticed that 14 'Vlandian Archers' achieved 17 kills. I think they must have been pouring arrows onto the Imp. infantry while they were still fighting the Vl. cav. The only higher scoring Vl. troops were 18 'Vlandian Veteran Infantrymen' who got 21 kills, though 9 Sergeants got 14 kills. I imagine they were mostly against the Imp. archers (what is it with Sten and putting archers in harm's way?!). In contrast the Imp. archers and skirmishers had much less impressive k/d ratios, whereas all types of Imp. cav had fantastic k/d ratios.

Finally, when looking through the prisoners, there was a brief chance to see what the armour values were next to the armour slots:

2016-03-07_2040.png

It seems the second one from the bottom, which it has been noted always seemed to be zero in the Weekender shots we saw, is called "armArmorLabel", so presumably the whole lower arm or hand is considered separate from the body.

Tyrni said:
I am really impressed what I have been seeing. One thing about the big fight with cavalry. At first I thought the battleground became chaotic because of the cavalry charge but after rewatching the video you can clearly see that the player selects the infantry and charges them right after the cav charge. So it is possible to keep the formations like before. I'm just wondering if morale would affect the ability to keep troops in formation?

In warband I really liked the sword/weapon thrusts in the air and cheering after victory in battle. I wish they would get deeper with this and allow us to go to our companions or well performed troops and be able to complement them and pat their back for a job well done.

Somebody mentioned that it would be cool to be able to pierce/finish fallen enemies on the ground with some kind of animation. I agree with this in case you are not invulnerable during this animation. After battle going around and relieving the enemies from their  pain and suffering would be glorious.

That could also just be done with an after-battle option like in Brytenwalda. Burn and bury the dead, tend to fallen troops, etc.

@DanAngleland

Damn, awesome eye for details there. That's a lot of interesting information. I'm going to rewatch with those timestamps in mind.

DanAngleland said:
I've been watching some of the Vlandia-Empire battle in slow motion (fighting bits only, not the approach) and have noticed some interesting action. In the few seconds after the Vl. cavalry first hits the Imp. infantry, the infantry lose about 7 men (this is within 5 seconds). Then the infantry are told to charge (the Imp. cavalry are already on the scene by then, in fact they meet the enemy three seconds after the charge hits). But before they charge they don't seem greatly disrupted by the Vl. attack, though a few Vl. have broken through and rode out the back of the line and the front ranks of infantry are visibly squashed back against men behind. Also at least one riderless horse comes out the back during those first few seconds, so the infantry killed someone. For anyone interested, the Vl. charge hits at 24:58 in the video which I will link to at the bottom of this post.

The next interesting bit I notice is that when the archers are moved forward, a few Vl. cavalrymen ride past or into them, yet most of them keep their bows out. This is good in my opinion, because of course they are of little threat to a passing horseman with a sword or cudgel rather than their bows. This is at around 25:30. A well armoured Vl. with a mail barded horse comes through at this point before the player slashes at him and the horse goes down; when I saw it in full speed the other day I thought it strange that an armoured horse would die so fast, and assumed it must have been hit a lot before- and in slow motion you can see the evidence of that, it's front half is riddled with at least 6 arrows! The way the horse and man fall looks good too.

Another note about the above incident is that the fallen horseman is set upon by a few of the nearby archers, and is surrounded by about five men about two seconds after he is on his feet, taking an arrow I think before the ones with swords are on him. The interesting thing though is that before he has even got to his feet he has sheathed his lance and drawn his sword, whereas I noticed at 25:23 a modestly armoured Vl. loses his mount and uses the spear/lance that he had while riding, suggesting that not all horsemen get a sword.

At 25:55, the player orders his archers forward, showing the cards at the top of the screen again (which appear when orders are being given). We can see that only the infantry has suffered, losing twenty men. Twenty five seconds later they have lost another eight men. That must be due to some wounded ones being finished off by the remaining Vl. cavalry, which surprised me because in the area surrounding the player the Vl. cav seem very depleted (I think they began with about 24 cav). The infantry seem entirely to be on the right side compared to the archers who are moving into a position on the lower slope of the hill to the left of the screen, facing the Vl. infantry which has begun moving down by 26:16.

At 26:44, we again see the unit cards and the archers, who briefly faced the Vl. infantry charge alone before the cav caught up, have lost 18 men. Surprisingly it seems the Vl. archers charged with the infantry- their bows and quivers were clear enough to see in the ten seconds before this point. I noticed one quiver with one or two arrows in, but the majority looked empty, which might be why they charged with the infantry. However there may be one or two still further up the hill, because having come all the way round the back of the Vl. infantry and down to the far flank, an arrow thuds into the side of the player's head at 26:41. At 26:44, the Imp. infantry have been stood to the side about 10m from the action, and now all Imp. units are told to charge, though the archers and cavalry were already engaged here. I think a few seconds later a few Vl. are trying to flee, though they might just have been following Imp. archers.

At 27:14 the player, having dismounted a while before, is struck down expertly by a right to left swing from a Vl. armoured man, who catches him in the upper chest near the tip of the blade. It is quite funny because a couple of seconds before the Vl. is on the floor, and a couple of Imp. horsemen come rushing in to get him and collide, the nearer one rearing. The player is behind this rearing cataphract, from beyond which the Vl. comes, sword swinging, and poor Phil is slain.

When looking at the kills at the end, I noticed that 14 'Vlandian Archers' achieved 17 kills. I think they must have been pouring arrows onto the Imp. infantry while they were still fighting the Vl. cav. The only higher scoring Vl. troops were 18 'Vlandian Veteran Infantrymen' who got 21 kills, though 9 Sergeants got 14 kills. I imagine they were mostly against the Imp. archers (what is it with Sten and putting archers in harm's way?!). In contrast the Imp. archers and skirmishers had much less impressive k/d ratios, whereas all types of Imp. cav had fantastic k/d ratios.

Finally, when looking through the prisoners, there was a brief chance to see what the armour values were next to the armour slots:

2016-03-07_2040.png

It seems the second one from the bottom, which it has been noted always seemed to be zero in the Weekender shots we saw, is called "armArmorLabel", so presumably the whole lower arm or hand is considered separate from the body.
Great catch on those labels ! Mystery is now solved!

Polycount said:
Tyrni said:

That could also just be done with an after-battle option like in Brytenwalda. Burn and bury the dead, tend to fallen troops, etc.

@DanAngleland

Damn, awesome eye for details there. That's a lot of interesting information. I'm going to rewatch with those timestamps in mind.

Yes it could be done with an after-battle option but if done inside the actual battle with animations it would be more immersive. But probably they wont have time for such things considering the whole scope of the game.

Polycount said:
I also noticed some tiny icons that look like tents or houses. What are they supposed to be?
Could be wrong about this, but I believe those are villages. When zoomed out, the names of the villages don't show for some reason.

They aren't villages, nor are they bandit camps- at least not all kinds of bandit camp, because I noticed a symbol to the south east of Sunor. As they zoomed the map in, we could see the symbol to the south east disappear, but by this time the villages were very visible, one of them being Remental to the north east of Sunor, and beyond Remental is a brotherhood camp (some sort of bandit). Couldn't see anything on the map even up close in the position of this symbol near Sunor nor in the vicinity of one which was near Praven, though they both seemed to be in forests.

Those small looking tents that shower the map? I see what you're talking about. They could be the new form of training camps, that would be my first guess. Though there a lot of other things it could be considering the "tent" icon is used generically for a lot of different purposes throughout gaming.

TL;DR Tent is a symbol that has different meanings in most games. Most likely a form of training camp / hideout in this game.

SmurfInHell said:
Those small looking tents that shower the map? I see what you're talking about. They could be the new form of training camps, that would be my first guess. Though there a lot of other things it could be considering the "tent" icon is used generically for a lot of different purposes throughout gaming.

TL;DR Tent is a symbol that has different meanings in most games. Most likely a form of training camp / hideout in this game.

Almost forgot about the training camps. Or maybe it has something to do with that dark brotherhood thing. I don't see why there would be so many training camps even on a map as large as this one.

creuzet said:
SmurfInHell said:

Almost forgot about the training camps. Or maybe it has something to do with that dark brotherhood thing. I don't see why there would be so many training camps even on a map as large as this one.

What is the color of night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom