Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jackalj said:
Polycount said:
guys, if you can run witcher 3, skyrim, other games that have (Somewhat) demanding requirements on high/ultra, you can almost 100% run this game on whatever the hell setting you want. why worry about it? This is a mount and blade game, not Crysis. I know battle sizes and such will be demanding, but I doubt they will be as bad as other next-gen games

With all respect but, did you really just compare The Witcher 3 to Skyrim... on graphics? Even with mods Skyrim looks dated (Or I have been using the wrong mods...)

All the best graphics/texture mods, ENB, etc. yeah. it gets pretty demanding. I know the Witcher 3 is more demanding than Skyrim, obviously, but I think comparing BANNERLORD to Skyrim is pretty fair. Bannerlord certainly isn't light years ahead in graphical fidelity, and the texture sizes (so far) seem similar, at least with some texture mods for Skyrim.

All I'm saying is, if you could run games LIKE the ones listed and other modern/semi-modern games, there's no reason you can't run Bannerlord. It's not going to require a $3,000 PC to run..

kraggrim said:
iyBMFyD.jpg

I find it kinda strange that the coast West of the Desert is mostly unpopulated. Isn't that a bit unlikely?

Ok. So what we have here is:

Western Empire (orange)
Northern Empire (pink)
Eastern Empire (purple)
Aserai (yellow)
Khuzait (brown)
Vlandia (red)
Battania (green)
Sturgia (blue)

I also noticed some tiny icons that look like tents or houses. What are they supposed to be? And no, I am not referring to the settlements.

creuzet said:
kraggrim said:
iyBMFyD.jpg

I find it kinda strange that the coast West of the Desert is mostly unpopulated. Isn't that a bit unlikely?

Ok. So what we have here is:

Western Empire (orange)
Northern Empire (pink)
Eastern Empire (purple)
Aserai (yellow)
Khuzait (brown)
Vlandia (red)
Battania (green)
Sturgia (blue)

I also noticed some tiny icons that look like tents or houses. What are they supposed to be?

Could be wrong about this, but I believe those are villages. When zoomed out, the names of the villages don't show for some reason.

They could also be the secondary factions.

Hi all, I'm one of the engine developers. We are aiming to have very low system requirements for Bannerlord, but this does not mean very high settings will not be demanding. Right now, i can not say or promise more. Also we know that loading times are little long but, for the scope of presentation, loading times were not a priority. Another thing i can say is engine works on both 32/64bit architectures.

gkx said:
Hi all, I'm one of the engine developers. We are aiming to have very low system requirements for Bannerlord, but this does not mean very high settings will not be demanding. Right now, i can not say or promise more. Also we know that loading times are little long but, for the scope of presentation, loading times were not a priority. Another thing i can say is engine works on both 32/64bit architectures.

Thank you for clearing this up. Although I wouldn't worry too much about everyone freaking out over requirements, this is common of any new release. People worry and worry until they actually get the game in their hands, then they realize their $2,000 PCs actually CAN run games pretty well.  :lol:

creuzet said:
I also noticed some tiny icons that look like tents or houses. What are they supposed to be? And no, I am not referring to the settlements.

Training grounds and bandit camps maybe?

Edit: Cheers gkx!

gkx said:

Yes we saw it on graphics quality and terrain quality.

I do not know if I am the only one noticed this but... There were no castles on the map. It was only cities and villages. So I assume you build your own keep to the village and it basically acts as a castle. This would also make it easier for people to get their first fief and start their faction

Guray said:
I do not know if I am the only one noticed this but... There were no castles on the map. It was only cities and villages. So I assume you build your own keep to the village and it basically acts as a castle. This would also make it easier for people to get their first fief and start their faction

I'm kind of OK with this, honestly. I think it will work better all around. Aside from defensive positioning, like between mountains (Even then it didn't matter much since you could walk right by a castle, that would never happen in real life), castles served very little purpose. Yeah, you could rest there, but that was about it. They didn't have the trading/quest capacity that a village offers, and they didn't have the full-scale merchant, guild-master, and enterprise functionality of a city. They were just kind of crap.

I love the idea of taking a village (or maybe even building one myself if a mod allows it), turning it into a city, and getting myself started as a lord.

Maestrro said:
gkx said:

Happiness lies elsewhere.  :smile:

In one of the diaries was a message about the development of villages.

Guray said:

Going out on a limb here but I think it's because they showed off the (early?) 'celtic'ish faction and to really push that 'tribal' perspective they didn't have real castles

Maestrro said:
gkx said:

Didn't look that bad compared, sure it's not Witcher 3 on ultra or anything, but it looks good and the graphics will probably age better than the original M&B and Warband did

just saw the stream on youtube
this game is going to be a huge game of the year contender with all the things  they have added
i really liked the whole town part

man this game without mods looks very amazing

imagine when mods join in
am gonna waste more years on mount and blade i guess
totally worth it

and also where can i get the demo ?

mr.playa said:
just saw the stream on youtube
this game is going to be a huge game of the year contender with all the things  they have added
i really liked the whole town part

man this game without mods looks very amazing

imagine when mods join in
am gonna waste more years on mount and blade i guess
totally worth it

and also where can i get the demo ?

There's no demo as of yet, but they may have one when the game releases. What some people here are talking about is a potential open Beta towards the end of the year, but no demo is available right now. Did you mean the video?

I'm really blown away by the character model and combat animation quality so far. I like the thickness of the individual body parts, I like the bulkier feeling, whilst still feeling agile at the same time. Really excited to be a ranger-type character  :grin: (1h sword + bow) You posting that video reminded me how awesome the textures look, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom