Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was amazing. The map, the battle, goddamn everything... I cannot contain my hype. Anyway, I want to comment on a few things on the game.

1 - The weapon system is absolutely amazing. I love now that you can create your own weapons, but there is one feature I'd like to ask is in the game. Aging of the weapons! If you have used the weapons for prolonged periods of time, the weapon is bound to get scratches and in some cases, get damaged. I would like to see scratches on swords, and even blood marks. If the weapon is broken in battle, for example the handle breaks off, then you will have to go back to the smithy to have the weapon repaired. I feel like this would really immerse the players in the game.

2 - I really found the influence system quite interesting. I would like to suggest a feature to be added to that however. If you have a higher title, like being a King, you should have a largr influence than say a Lord. For example, on that video, Phil was a Lord and was able to make another person follow him for 10 days. I think that a King should be able to make someone follow him for about 25 - 35 days. Also, I presume that if you lose a tournament or lose a battle your influence will decrease.

3 - One thing I saw is that the battlefield was the same. On the video earlier and the stream today, the battleground was the exact game. I would like to see a sort of battlefield randomizer. I know that this could be hard to implement into the game, but if you could, it would mark out any repetativeness in the game.

4 - I am really pleased that they have decided to make the game feel more alive. I would suggest a way to do that even more, this time with soldiers. You could have soldiers talking amongst themselves, when not in combat, like they do in the most recent Total War games. I think that this could really add to the atmosphere of the game.

Shidan said:
So I saw that a ??? party was only about 40 men. I guess that confirms that the number of ?s is not equal to the number of digits in a party number.

That doesn't mean that we wont see parties with hundreds of men however.

For those who have missed it, you can try to go back 40 minutes or so in the livestream right now, which will be the beginning of the show. PC Gamer will undoubtedly upload highlights and such as a separate video.

https://youtu.be/Qe6g0_HRexw

semigall said:
Stream was good, i only missed some siege scene.

Havent watched the stream yet, but maybe TW will show us some siege scenes in the coming weeks to complement this event.
They said they might publish some more stuff to support what has already been shown.

Norwegian said:
I'm pretty sure there's going to be a Napoleonic mod made for Bannerlord.

Just imagine those great volleys.
And a Game of Thrones mod. Oh my lord that will be glorious!!!!!

Is it me or the cavalry in Bannerlord is a little more devastating (at least for those poor archers sent to their deaths)? Also, I noticed that they act in a more intelligent manner, instead of "LOL, cluster**** ahoy", like you see in Warband.

VonTwat said:
Dopey said:
Satanica said:
And the question is...
HOW DO YOU GET INTO THE BETA YOU NEGLETS?
Be a leader of NW regiment.
I'm legit curious why these roleplaying cucks would get the advantage?

Regiments are the greatest mate. I really hope they're going to make some kind of musket-mod, or even an official expansion to Bannerlord.

It's going to be great! Can't wait for the game!!

Pilum said:
Havent watched the stream yet, but maybe TW will show us some siege scenes in the coming weeks to complement this event.
They said they might publish some more stuff to support what has already been shown.
I hope they save some goodies for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom