Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arel37 said:
Polearm option of nord axes using this animation. Anyways I realised there is no blood. And also what about realistic animations like beaheading, cutting off the body parts etc. And If they add ships, I wish they add rowing and sailing animations to NPC's too.
They did have the option for some gore in Viking Conquest so they might have it in Bannerlord as well.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
Arel37 said:
Polearm option of nord axes using this animation. Anyways I realised there is no blood. And also what about realistic animations like beaheading, cutting off the body parts etc. And If they add ships, I wish they add rowing and sailing animations to NPC's too.
They did have the option for some gore in Viking Conquest so they might have it in Bannerlord as well.

Beheading is not on my top list personally, but I really want them to include the same system that covered your character model in blood from warband, with decent textures of course. Also, there is blood in the replay video. Its color is very dark-crimson to be noticed with the low lighting of the video though.

Arel37 said:
Why not beheading ? It adds realism.

Realism? It adds hollywood effects. It's very very hard to actually behead someone. And I did not say no, I said that i'd prefer the bloody character effect first in my list.

578 said:
Arel37 said:

Realism? It adds hollywood effects. It's very very hard to actually behead someone. And I did not say no, I said that i'd prefer the bloody character effect first in my list.
I only want the bloody character effect if it actually looks like blood. In warband it just tinted your player and his gear red, it looked bloody terrible. I would love an improved version of it though.

Not sure how I feel about beheading, got mixed feelings for it.

Dest45 said:
578 said:
Arel37 said:

I only want the bloody character effect if it actually looks like blood. In warband it just tinted your player and his gear red, it looked bloody terrible. I would love an improved version of it though.

Not sure how I feel about beheading, got mixed feelings for it.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I see what you did there!

In this interview* Mister Armağan says "for example, Sarranid Sultanate, it represents arabic and moorish cultures", so in Bannerlord if we look at timeline, Aseria represents Abbasid Caliphate ? Or maybe Fatimid Caliphate ?

*; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgiTCPcU1MQ

Also in this Blog ( https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/8 ), Blog says Nords represent vikings, it would be Sturgians in Bannerlord ?

This is from same blog ;

Bannerlord is set 200 years before Warband. Players who followed Warband's lore will recall that Calradia was once an empire, which declined and was supplanted by successor states -- tribal confederations-turned-kingdoms -- much as the Western Roman Empire was supplanted by early medieval states.

Calradic Empire represents Western Roman Empire confirmed ?

in theory yes but I believe/hope that their artistic representation will have a mostly byzantine feel, especially as TW is turkish and Byzantium runs in their history.
I believe that at one point when talking about their troops they said "balanced infantry with good supporting cavalry such as cataphracts" which certainly sounds Byzantine

Varrak said:
In this interview* Mister Armağan says "for example, Sarranid Sultanate, it represents arabic and moorish cultures", so in Bannerlord if we look at timeline, Aseria represents Abbasid Caliphate ? Or maybe Fatimid Caliphate ?

Also in this Blog ( https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/8 ), Blog says Nords represent vikings, it would be Sturgians in Bannerlord ?

This is from same blog ;

Bannerlord is set 200 years before Warband. Players who followed Warband's lore will recall that Calradia was once an empire, which declined and was supplanted by successor states -- tribal confederations-turned-kingdoms -- much as the Western Roman Empire was supplanted by early medieval states.

It has been already confirmed that the playable factions of Bannerlord ARE the ancestors of the Warband factions. But this time they are the invading tribes. Sturgians are vikings, it has been called that by devs themselves. There is a bit of confusion going on about battanians but we will figure it out sooner or later.

578 said:
There is a bit of confusion going on about battanians but we will figure it out sooner or later.
I don't think there is much to be that confused about, I'm almost certain they are the Vaegir ancestors. Given their affinity for the bow and their location on the map.

578 said:
Varrak said:

This is from same blog ;

It has been already confirmed that the playable factions of Bannerlord ARE the ancestors of the Warband factions. But this time they are the invading tribes. Sturgians are vikings, it has been called that by devs themselves. There is a bit of confusion going on about battanians but we will figure it out sooner or later.
Was kind of hoping the Battanians are Vaegir ancestors. Like Slavic/Germanic forest people but it seems they are Celtic with their town names.

Alebrig said:
Well if you think about it the rhodoks had a Scottish vibe going on so a battanian origin would make sense.
The problem with that is the Rhodoks are Swadian rebels, they rebelled against them some time before Warband.
I suppose it's possible they were another tribe conquered by the Vlandians/Swadians, but that wouldn't explain the Rhodoks being on the opposite side of the map from the Battanians.

Shidan said:
Alebrig said:
Well if you think about it the rhodoks had a Scottish vibe going on so a battanian origin would make sense.
The problem with that is the Rhodoks are Swadian rebels, they rebelled against them some time before Warband.
I suppose it's possible they were another tribe conquered by the Vlandians/Swadians, but that wouldn't explain the Rhodoks being on the opposite side of the map from the Battanians.

Wait and see, it might be some factions actually eventually combine (during or outside of Bannerlord's timeline) that become some of the modern factions. Another option is that these groups eventually are conquered, eliminated, and their remnants are absorbed into nearby cultures.

It shall be interesting to see how it plays out.

[15th]Harvain said:
Wait and see, it might be some factions actually eventually combine (during or outside of Bannerlord's timeline) that become some of the modern factions. Another option is that these groups eventually are conquered, eliminated, and their remnants are absorbed into nearby cultures.

It shall be interesting to see how it plays out.
My bet is they're gonna leave it vague and open to interpretation. They've drawn a few lines, such as it's obvious the Khuzaits are related to the Khergits, but not going to directly connect them. It's a good method to avoid picking winners and losers.

Can you imagine the uprising around here if they blatantly said "Canonically the Nord Kingdom was wiped out by the Swadians". Best not to say who loses or anything (Well except for the Empire of course, we know they lose.  :smile:). It's a few hundred years between the two games, plenty of time for all sorts of things to happen. Can easily be left to the imagination.

Realistic damage system is a need. Example: If you cut from left with an greqt axe, opponents arm should be cut off. Or if you thrust with a spear into chest, it should stuck in there. Or if you get an arrow into your knee, you will fall. There are more examples. And blood ejaculate outside with high pressure.

Arel37 said:
Or if you get an arrow into your knee

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom