Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not that difficult, man. Here you have a big warband map image: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mountandblade/images/a/a6/WarbandWorldMap.png/revision/latest?cb=20110214224210

:lol: Ok. Let me try.

Can't see the villages.  :mad:

mike56 said:
It's not that difficult, man. Here you have a big warband map image: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mountandblade/images/a/a6/WarbandWorldMap.png/revision/latest?cb=20110214224210

****, I failed too. What sort of black magic is this?

I think the part of Calradia shown in  Armagan's Bannerlord map is that around that river that separates the Swadian and Rodok territories. 

Someone stated that there should be punishments for crimes in streets, like murdering people or stealing goods. I think this should only occur 1/3 times depending on a trait called "Criminal Mind" or something. The higher your trait is the less times you'll be caught. You can either pay a fine or be hunted down by manhunters, which you'll have a chance to kill them.

why do people think they're going to keep anything from the Warband map when Warband saw a drastic change from the original Mount & Blade map? Bannerlord is much larger in scope and - not to be rude but - has a much broader group of talent than Warband did. I'd be disappointed if they kept the old map's design which was in many ways shaped by necessity and engine limitations.

The map isn't that important for me, I don't know why everyone is fussing over it.  :dead:

I saw some improvements on the map, like people running around and better city and village icons, and more realistic textures, on the grass for example. These are major improvements from the last map. Personally the map looks fine, the thing I think is more important is the in-game features.

creuzet said:

I think the part of Calradia shown in  Armagan's Bannerlord map is that around that river that separates the Swadian and Rodok territories.

Thing is, only the shape of the bay is similar between the two maps. The river on the WB map is relatively straight, whereas the BL one has two 90 degree turns in it plus a tributary or two. There are also mountains very close to the north of the river mouth in the BL map and cities too, which are absent in the WB map. I think they will have redone the map from scratch.

The Mighty McLovin said:
Personally the map looks fine, the thing I think is more important is the in-game features.

Exactly. Where are the battle features? Formations? Better sieges? Better interface for battle setup? Etc.

I play this game for the epic battles in PoP. Will we get that in vanilla? Oh, and when exactly will we get any of this?

This new batch of info is great, but not if we have to wait another 2 years to see the finished game.

The problem is that now every modder will lose some interest, waiting for this wondrous new engine, tools and modding capabilities. Most of the mod development has already been dead because of this and there is nothing really new to keep us interested for another extended period of nothing happening.

Here is another map, just in case  :grin:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110214224210/mountandblade/images/a/a6/WarbandWorldMap.png

ToyBoat said:
why do people think they're going to keep anything from the Warband map when Warband saw a drastic change from the original Mount & Blade map? Bannerlord is much larger in scope and - not to be rude but - has a much broader group of talent than Warband did. I'd be disappointed if they kept the old map's design which was in many ways shaped by necessity and engine limitations.
Admittedly, that last screenshot didn't seem to have much, if any, familiarity with Warband's map, from what I could tell. However, I do have reason to believe that they might be using an upgraded version of Warband's map. Here, I wrote this the other day, in another thread:
Arvenski said:
Wulfburk said:
Some cool pic i got from the video by going 0.2 speed.

SWL3sZd.jpg
What struck me about that clip (when they showed the world map) was that I'm pretty sure I recognized the area from Warband's map: at 3:14, you can see a city/castle (Syronaea?) in the distance, and I'm pretty sure that's Shariz, the Sarranid capital from Warband. That'd put the player at about where Jamiche Castle was (perhaps that's that Phycaeon place now, with the village of Poloria being Jamiche village?), and on his way up into the mountains and into what we know as Rhodok territory, towards what used to be Chelez, Ibdeles Castle, and Jelkala. That means they might be sticking with Warband's world (I don't know if that's a good thing or not) and just adding more detail to it. Hmm.

And no, I didn't remember all the names of the places by heart. I had to dig out my old homemade paper Warband map to remember them. :razz:

You'll probably have to go back and watch the B-Roll footage again to see what I was seeing there, but hey, none of you will mind that. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom