Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't know if it means in Calradia, but on the M&B wikia it says that the Sturgians inhabit the northern woodlands and are lethal axe-men and swordsmen.

Edit: I am not sure which factions are supposed to be the invaders, but this is from the wikia about the Battanians:
The Battanians are famed for their marksmanship as archers throughout Calradia.  So does this mean that they already have a foothold in Calradia at the start? Or maybe it just means that they are known as expert archers by the Calradians.

mike56 said:
Wasn't the Bannerlord world supposed to be Calradia? This image of the map does not remind me to any warband place.
That actually reminds me of northern coast where where vaegir and nord borders meet. If it's not that, remember they did say they are going to expand the map.  :grin:

hunutteri said:
mike56 said:
Wasn't the Bannerlord world supposed to be Calradia? This image of the map does not remind me to any warband place.
That actually reminds me of northern coast where where vaegir and nord borders meet. If it's not that, remember they did say they are going to expand the map.  :grin:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=495678200

Is that the place?

Stevebob said:
hunutteri said:
mike56 said:

Is that the place?
That wasn't what i meant, but it seems more like the bannerlord one than the one i meant so..  :lol:

Germanic Celt said:
Nords (Sturgians)
Myeah, wouldn't say so. Nords came to shores of Calradia from Nordland, so I have no idea why would they call themselves Sturgians all of sudden and then go back to simply Nords. Drawing lines between factions from Bannerlord and those from Warband may be entertaining brain exercise, but from the lore so far Nords and Khergits are invaders from faraway lands, Rhodoks are just Swadian rebels and **** knows where Sarranids come from except for some broad 'well, they always been in that desert of theirs, you just haven't seen it earlier' as I gather, considering that some NPCs in Warband seamlessly got some tidbits about Sarranids pasted into their dialogues. So only Vaegirs and Swadians are left, with latter being established as kind-of-remnants of Empire and early vanilla versions, afaik, kinda establishing that Empire broke into Swads and Vaegs (Western/Eastern Roman Empire style).

To be pretty honest, the small bits of lore we've got in vanilla and Warband make it look now like they were written deliberately to allow backpedaling few centuries into history and being able to make a game with completely new set of factions without breaking anything.

redwood36 said:
Is TW going to do any sort of live event/ interview? or is it just the closed doors demo.

God knows.

Who is this? :grin: https://twitter.com/isBLoutYet

mike56 said:
dragos said:
CLzHKgLW8AAtc-h.jpg

New map, weather conditions :shock:

In my opinion they'll probably redesign the map just like from M&B 1 to warband (that kept all cities, castles and villages names) and maybe with a few of the iconic places still standing like Praven while others have completely different names (or a name that reminds of one from warband)

ex: Praventiae, Capital of the western butyrum Empire

hunutteri said:
Stevebob said:
hunutteri said:
mike56 said:

Is that the place?
That wasn't what i meant, but it seems more like the bannerlord one than the one i meant so..  :lol:
dragos said:
I thought that Bannerlord screenshot looked like it was of what we knew as the Swadian lands in WB. For example, that river might be the one that runs between the Swadian plains (and goes up to Uxkhal) and the Rhodok-controlled mountains. Alternatively, that could be the Rhodok heartland, with that river being the one that goes up by Jelkala.

Here's a large-scale Warband map, for everyone's reference.

EomarthofRohan said:
What the hell? Okay, let me fix that. :???:

Okay, the original link/image seems to have buggered itself for some reason. One minute I had it at high resolution, and a few minutes later I could only get it at like 200 x 150 or something ridiculous like that. I've edited the link so that it goes to this map (which I found on Google Image Search) instead: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120625220219/mountbladewarband/images/5/5a/Map_of_Calradia.jpg

Arvenski said:
EomarthofRohan said:
What the hell? Okay, let me fix that. :???:

Okay, the original link/image seems to have buggered itself for some reason. One minute I had it at high resolution, and a few minutes later I could only get it at like 200 x 150 or something ridiculous like that. I've edited the link so that it goes to this map (which I found on Google Image Search) instead: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120625220219/mountbladewarband/images/5/5a/Map_of_Calradia.jpg
it's still diminute  :mrgreen:

Arvenski said:
It looks fine to me. You can click to zoom in.

Clicking on it does nothing I'm afraid. In any case, I'm fairly sure your logic is a bit awry, no offence meant. I say this because, as far as I can remember, the river passing near Uxhal doesn't then go on to the sea, so it cannot be the one we see in the Bannerlord shot. The one near Jelkala doesn't form the same shape as the one in the BL shot either. I don't think they are keeping the details of the map the same, in fact I would be surprised if they even keep the same general shape of the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom