Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: You know there had been many successful modifications for the game, and one of the best known is the Strategus – cRPG, which allows the players to have some sort of multiplayer campaign. Will there be any feature like that in the game to come?
A: at this stage a multiplayer, competitive or cooperative looks still pretty difficult to make.

I want to know what stage they said this at... was it a recent interview, or something from 2 or 3 years back? Since a functional co-op campaign would have quite the positive feedback on it if it were also confirmed..

I really don't think Bannerlord needs professional voice acting for entire conversations. It's already perfect in Warband with text and the occasional "WOTS THIS THEN AYE?" and "IT'S ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON".

MitchellD said:
I really don't think Bannerlord needs professional voice acting for entire conversations. It's already perfect in Warband with text and the occasional "WOTS THIS THEN AYE?" and "IT'S ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON".

I agree that it doesn't need voice acting to be good but it'll surely rise the immersion bar in the game so in my end it's a welcome addition :smile:

Yeah, personally I find VA to generally be UN-IMMERSIVE for one main reason. no matter what VA you get, they don't really sound like people from that era. Either it's a british accent from wales, new york accent, plain american accent, yorkish accent, none of the people are truely convincing enough to be "immersive". it's just a convenience, for when you dont feel like reading.

the most immersive dialogue ive found is from Zelda OOC or MM. small clips of sounds the characters make to give you info on the kind of person they are. then you have a voice to put the text to in your imagination. after that it becomes jarring. As much as i love IT"S ALMOST HARVESTING SEASON and WE'RE NAUGHT BUT HUMBLE FARMING FOLK (in the only irish accent in the game) these are pastiches which quickly become tedious.

Something I found very interesting in the B footage video was the fighting scene, the 2nd looter that was killed seemed to quickly raise his dagger for a block right before the player swung, we heard a clang and the looter was knocked to the ground, and in battle feed we read "Looter knocked unconscious", this is incontrast to his first kill which was a direct hit.

Interesting, so we might be able to harm entities through a block.

edit; Watching in 0.25 he didn't block, was identical to dying except for the different falling animation (likely still used for death).

am i the only one disapointed that we didnt see more killing in the videos?  that is one of my favorite things i like in these games that i can kill innocent farmers :twisted:

Goker said:
I have a feeling they're not showing much of combat for a reason. That stuff is probably not set in stone just yet.

yeah from what i have seen from these videos they have showed so far, i think it will still take many years before the games is released :sad:

mabhalsahari said:
Goker said:
I have a feeling they're not showing much of combat for a reason. That stuff is probably not set in stone just yet.

yeah from what i have seen from these videos they have showed so far, i think it will still take many years before the games is released :sad:

Don't say that, come on guys we just gotta believe to keep the hype train alive  :grin:

Aww what am i saying i am going to be dead and buried before TaleWorlds announce a release date  :cry: :cry:

CLzHKgLW8AAtc-h.jpg

New map, weather conditions :shock:

And here Daniel Vavra from Kingdom Come: Deliverance with his "competitor" Armağan Yavuz:

CLzGvoNXAAEZcTA.jpg:large

Edit: And I guess it's a menu:

CLzHKgNWUAAbCuZ.jpg

dragos said:
CLzHKgLW8AAtc-h.jpg

New map :shock:

And here Daniel Vavra from Kingdom Come: Deliverance with his "competitor" Armağan Yavuz:

CLzGvoNXAAEZcTA.jpg:large

The rivals stand side by side pondering on which company will release their medieval extremely hyped game first

Do not look here said:
dragos said:
It's a kind of menu, yes, but the "(...) you." part looks like it may be some kind of decision-making in random event or something?

It could be an adaption of the speaking to a bandit menu were you can bribe or fight them. Or maybe the Bandit Hide out menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom