Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, there's a scammer around in steam who is impersonating a M&B Bannerlord developer: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038221756/

He adds people from the official M&B Bannerlord Steam group to his friend list, myself included, and tries to give away early Bannerlord Alpha access for 10€ worth of steam items. What makes him even more suspicious is the fact that he has been reported multiple times. From what I've heard, several people have already fallen for the trap, and i think he needs do be gone for good..

Xplosion said:
So, there's a scammer around in steam who is impersonating a M&B Bannerlord developer: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038221756/

He adds people from the official M&B Bannerlord Steam group to his friend list, myself included, and tries to give away early Bannerlord Alpha access for 10€ worth of steam items. What makes him even more suspicious is the fact that he has been reported multiple times. From what I've heard, several people have already fallen for the trap, and i think he needs do be gone for good..

scammers are everywhere (email, sms, Skyrim, internet...)... and now Steam lol  :mrgreen:

Deutch1 said:
Do you guys think you will absaloutlay mneed dx11 to run this like kingdom come, really hope not.

DX11 is 5 years old. Any $35 bucks graphics card this days is DX11 with at least 1GB ram. Any computer that is about 3 years old should have a DX11 too.

Xplosion said:

That's the same guy that added me. I reported him as soon as he sent me a message offering the BL beta.
Also remember that a real dev would have a thing beside their steam name that said they were one.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
Xplosion said:

Also remember that a real dev would have a thing beside their steam name that said they were one.
A real dev wouldn't sell you a beta for "10€ worth of steam items"  :smile:

Raoh said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
Xplosion said:

He didn't say steam items to me. He just said $10/€10.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
Raoh said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
Xplosion said:

Is there a possibility that this Ipek guy is the one who leaked these screenshots?
As for destructible objects, the devs should at least introduce battering rams so you can smash through the gates.

creuzet said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
Raoh said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
Xplosion said:

Is there a possibility that this Ipek guy is the one who leaked these screenshots?
Nope

creuzet said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
Raoh said:
Johan_Stormcloak said:
Xplosion said:

As for destructible objects, the devs should at least introduce battering rams so you can smash through the gates.

Yep, battering rams and catapults are a MUST for Bannerlord.
The weakest point in any M&B was siege warfare IMHO. I hope they will improve a lot.

hoe12moe said:
I don't think catapults will work so well

Why not? Cannons worked very well for NW gameplay wise, so why not catapults for Bannerlords? Strategically, it would mainly give you more options of sieges besides building just a ladder or just a siege tower, adding more variety and tactics.

Yeah, everything that randomly throws large stones around the map sounds like fun-killer to me, considering, even apparently improved, scale of M&B battles. I'd still prefer siege weaponry to be thing that you click through in siege options, so that they have impact on scene in which you lead the assault, but no direct rock hurling. Battering rams sounds good, but I'm yet to see them implemented in-game (not talking about M&B only) in a way that doesn't look artificial or downright goofy (i.e. large box on wheels with a log inside that jiggle around, while people stand around doing no one exactly knows what) and I'm not even sure if it's possible.

It may work in MP but I don't think the bots are smart enough to use them/take shelter
I see a scenario where you use a catapult, fire into a cluster**** and magically win the battle 1 min afterwards...
I also hated siege weapons in TW games (Here I have organised my defence but hey, they use catapults, guess I have to move all troops to the side)

That's because they are more accurate than modern day howitzers. Total War Attila still has the same problem, even though dynamic fire can now light up entire forests (causing troops hidden within them to route until they're out of forest) and settlements, which can cause large morale penalties for the defender. So why do they have laser pin point accuracy? To slaughter infantry and make the game even easier?  :roll:

Also, they do way too much damage too walls and reload way to quickly. I highly doubt that 4 Catapults could take down a large portion of a cities large stone wall in about 5-10 loads of rocks on fire, which on average takes less than 15 seconds to reload. Why do we have siege equipment if we can just tear down the walls with the defenders on them, makes it more of a cluster :oops: inside a city then a siege.

hoe12moe said:
(Here I have organised my defence but hey, they use catapults, guess I have to move all troops to the side)
Well , that's called "tactic".You have to organize your troops according to this situations.If enemy have a catapult , you should have a fast , light , horseman unit which can scatter catapults which also can destroy your enemy's main tactic and make him desperate.
So there is no wrong thing to want siege weapons in Bannerlord. But this might cause new logical problems.Like lets say you teared down some walls with catapults while you are taking the city.For this , Bannerlord team have to create new things , first an option when you capture the city like "Fix the walls - 10000 deniar" and you have to see these broken walls "exactly" when you walk around the streets.Or some other things which double the work.They might even have to change whole siege system completely if the codes are not meant to be siege weapons.

The main problem I have with siege engines is they're expected to be waaay overpowered in most games, and their resultant high cost makes them the focus of the army and encourages camping and other cheesy gameplay. Real catapults and trebuchets could take days of solid firing to bring down a wall, and they definitely wouldn't be used during the infantry assault of the city.

In total war they're ridiculously strong (influenced by hollywood), and can destroy an entire castle in minutes, which is silly. If one catapult forces the defender to come off their own walls and give up a huge advantage, there's something unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom