Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hitlands Silver Sword said:
PTWarrior said:
I wonder if Bannerlord's next blog will be about wars, battles, troops, etc.

I think they said they're going to show a video... I either don't know about what.
BUT, I think they have used good the tactik of make us wait. Now, I want anything. I don't care what. Even if they give us a lords list, we've got topic again and we could begin speculating which factions will we have, houses , marriages..

Yes, I also recall some sort of binding promise to show some combat footage in the next devblog...

So he really is an alien
blog6express6.jpg
Now everything makes sense  :shock:

The image only looks wierd because of the Hair or his incredibly huge forehead, if you cover that you can see the the factial expressions actually look pretty good.

Well it definitely looks better than the faces Warband has.
Also, I can't wait to see how will the editor be, I hope this time we can actually change the whole body, not just the face, like, if we want someone to be skinny or fat, strong or weak etc.

We haven't seen female faces yet . We only saw them from a very long distance or sideways .  Because i wonder if they will make different faces when you are drunk and you approach them or if by making a face you can tell that it likes or dislikes you . Imagine a highborn lady become scared and calling the guards because you smell of alcohol and have a stupid smile on the face  :mrgreen:

(Btw , there should be barracks for troops in the city where you can see them stay and train .)

Hi there.

Just want to let the devs know that I was extremely happy to hear about the bannerlord sequel up until I heard there's no co-op planned.

Seriously? You say 'no' to the most anticipated feature since the beginning of (calradia's) time?

Sandbox gameplay was made for co-op! I'm not sure who is in charge of the business-side of things over at tale worlds but you ought to sack whoever that is - people would buy a few original copies of the game to co-op with buddies if that was introduced, instead of torrenting a single one!

I'm extremely disappointed about not pre-planning co-op into the engine before the game is done i.e. co-op in the sense that
- the host controls where to go on the map, the inventory and the politics
- the joining player(s) act as a companion or an mercenary (imported online character) that helps in fights, can help the team with skills, order a portion of the army, can see what the host is doing, who he's talking to, could draw/highlight stuff on the map
- the economy could be still enclosed within the singleplayer campaign (i.e. the joining player can be imported with skills, but not items, which need to be supplied by the host)
- it could be even hop-off / hop-on for buddies, the moment the extra player leaves or can't be bothered playing anymore the character is taken over by AI or leaves the party (allowing for item recovery when that happens)
- the joining player's character is remembered for the next time (s)he comes to play

Surely the fun factor would be incredible, even if the joining player(s) couldn't walk, talk and buy stuff as the host would. Why would someone want to go to the other part of the map if (s)he joined a co-op game? There's the single player portion for that!

But yea, I guess this will not change anyone's minds, but that doesn't change the take home message: you really shot yourself in the foot with not listening to your playerbase.

Sir_Newton said:
I hope someone gets to the business of making a troop editor to the tune of Morgh's M&B editor. I love that thing.
How about editing everything from the tools provided by the devs? Much better. Especially if we get that smexy-looking Editor not only for scenes, but for everything. :razz:

piotras said:
Just want to let the devs know that I was extremely happy to hear about the bannerlord sequel up until I heard there's no co-op planned.
Seriously? You say 'no' to the most anticipated feature since the beginning of (calradia's) time?
There's always mods. Maybe the Bannerlord will support a co-op mod done in a clever way. Or maybe the devs've got something planned, but want to finish the "regular stuff" first, so that they're certain everything's OK. (And so that they can give us some info, so we finally shut the hell up.) And a couple of months after that, they drop the "we also made co-op" bomb on top of us; and everyone ****s their pants in rejoice.

Lumos said:
Or maybe the devs've got something planned, but want to finish the "regular stuff" first, so that they're certain everything's OK. (And so that they can give us some info, so we finally shut the hell up.) And a couple of months after that, they drop the "we also made co-op" bomb on top of us; and everyone ****s their pants in rejoice.

If this day arrives...
1.jpg

piotras said:
Hi there.

Sandbox gameplay was made for co-op! I'm not sure who is in charge of the business-side of things over at tale worlds but you ought to sack whoever that is - people would buy a few original copies of the game to co-op with buddies if that was introduced, instead of torrenting a single one!

I'm extremely disappointed about not pre-planning co-op into the engine before the game is done i.e. co-op in the sense that
- the host controls where to go on the map, the inventory and the politics
- the joining player(s) act as a companion or an mercenary (imported online character) that helps in fights, can help the team with skills, order a portion of the army, can see what the host is doing, who he's talking to, could draw/highlight stuff on the map
- the economy could be still enclosed within the singleplayer campaign (i.e. the joining player can be imported with skills, but not items, which need to be supplied by the host)
- it could be even hop-off / hop-on for buddies, the moment the extra player leaves or can't be bothered playing anymore the character is taken over by AI or leaves the party (allowing for item recovery when that happens)
- the joining player's character is remembered for the next time (s)he comes to play

Surely the fun factor would be incredible, even if the joining player(s) couldn't walk, talk and buy stuff as the host would. Why would someone want to go to the other part of the map if (s)he joined a co-op game? There's the single player portion for that!

But yea, I guess this will not change anyone's minds, but that doesn't change the take home message: you really shot yourself in the foot with not listening to your playerbase.

Couldn't agree more... this game needs at least a basic co-op feature like you described... Let modders do the rest. I don't something crappy like "Battletime" it should be a vanilla feature that every mod could build upon and take advantage of!
Not something everyone would have to hack in the game with ridiculous efforts...

I wouldn't be mad if the release was pushed back if it meant that feature would find its way in.

Co-op co-op co-op. Am I the only one who doesn't give it a damn? It seems like we hear about it more than we hear about the 'guns vs no guns' debate and almost as much we hear about bloody dual wielding. :lol:

There was a mod made where you could run around the native single player map with other people. I forget its name but it was in alpha where all you could do was run around naked in a 1 man party. If someone can remember what it was and maybe provide a link then that would be awesome.

It was the beginnings of the "Co-Op" that some people are gagging for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom