Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not making multiplayer of Bannerlord like the real game
i mean we have our castles and villages, we can attack other player's castle while they are online or offline

we have to leave defense when we are leaving the game and we might come back and see our castle is taken and our village is looted so we have to take quests and fight to get soldiers and get back our castle (maybe 2-3 weeks of immunity for new players' castle etc...)

That would be a unique game play and i'm sure that would be a huge success

have you played Travian? just like that except we really fight instead of just sending soldiers and reading reports of attack!

That could indeed be amazing, but people also like to play Team Deathmatch, Siege and stuff like that in multiplayer where there's no real-time strategy, just pure beautiful fighting. Not to mention Team Deathmatch and stuff like that would be the simplest and least time consuming way to go when creating multiplayer, I believe.

Since Bannerlord will also be easier to mod, maybe we'll see a mod of what you're saying some day?

Tork789 said:
I would still like to see early firearms though.

arms-fire.jpg

Meevar the Mighty said:
Antar said:
hirovard said:
Its a good thing the game is Fantasy Fiction then with its time line and world  :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_fantasy

Medieval fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy

Fantasy is a genre of fiction

I think both apply.
Fiction applies to almost all of literature, MB's world is fictitious, but not fantastic, as i see it.
Something like imaginary medieval reality (?)
edit: Meevar Y U delete post :sad:

Haha, decided it wasn't worth getting into and deleted it after 5 seconds.

Anyway, you got me. :lol:

I don't think it's unreasonable to classify M&B as fantasy. Maybe in a thousand years, M&B's explanation for damage calculation will seem as outlandish as the magic from Arthurian legends.

letgrab said:
i mean we have our castles and villages, we can attack other player's castle while they are online or offline

we have to leave defense when we are leaving the game and we might come back and see our castle is taken and our village is looted so we have to take quests and fight to get soldiers and get back our castle (maybe 2-3 weeks of immunity for new players' castle etc...)

That would be kool. And when somebody would leave defenses and go offline, the attackers would fight bots.
If the attacked person is online, he could either fight alone among bots againts the attackers, who too could use bots or real players as the main force on their side, or open his game up to random people who want to fight for him. It then would basically look like a standard public siege or battle match for the participating random players. Or the "lords" could choose which players they want on their team.
Didn't cRPG have this feature, where people had to apply for their slots? Haven't played it for the last 2-3 years.

VonTawast said:
That could indeed be amazing, but people also like to play Team Deathmatch, Siege and stuff like that in multiplayer where there's no real-time strategy, just pure beautiful fighting. Not to mention Team Deathmatch and stuff like that would be the simplest and least time consuming way to go when creating multiplayer, I believe.

Since Bannerlord will also be easier to mod, maybe we'll see a mod of what you're saying some day?

While i like the Warband native multiplayer, i always missed overarching goals. But i agree, TDM and Siege will surely be easier to create than some sort of campaign multiplayer. Modders to the rescue.

letgrab said:

That would be a unique game play and i'm sure that would be a huge success

have you played Travian? just like that except we really fight instead of just sending soldiers and reading reports of attack!

This is asks for a lot, a lot of work and the gameplay would be very attached to the time-display of players.
A double siege battle match would be awesome. (no respawn for players or little) Or a "behead the enemy king" a king with bots/players  instead of taking the flag to conquer the castle. I find that funnier and easier.

keep in mind the issues of battles, as others may join in and cause the battle to go on indefinitely.

To solve this would be a simple proposal to make battles open to all who wish to join for no more than 1 minute or 30 seconds after it has begun.  To ensure that those who are close enough in singleplayer and would of been able to join naturally will be able to do so in multiplayer, but not allowing every single warband out there does not join in the fray, causing an indefinite battle.

This is a pretty major issue if such a game mode were to exist, so if there are better ideas on how to fix this?

Would there be AI lords btw?

edit:  Also, what should the battle size be?  Afterall not everyone will be able to run the same battlesizes with Acceptable FPS. 

MickDick said:
keep in mind the issues of battles, as others may join in and cause the battle to go on indefinitely.

To solve this would be a simple proposal to make battles open to all who wish to join for no more than 1 minute or 30 seconds after it has begun.  To ensure that those who are close enough in singleplayer and would of been able to join naturally will be able to do so in multiplayer, but not allowing every single warband out there does not join in the fray, causing an indefinite battle.

This is a pretty major issue if such a game mode were to exist, so if there are better ideas on how to fix this?

Would there be AI lords btw?

edit:  Also, what should the battle size be?  Afterall not everyone will be able to run the same battlesizes with Acceptable FPS.
Making the map very vast and huge, scaling down travel maybe. a MP campaign should be very slow paced i think

Elephant mount and unit.. elephant carry 3 men..armor elephant is cool.. Elephant attack in front, rider in front attack to front left and front right, and 2 in the middle attack use arrow... and camel mount.. Elephant carry ammunition and unit can use that ammo.. For camel, have bonus damage to horse.. Player kingdom with custom unit.. Custom unit edit use point.. In game character editor is back.. Family tree..  mount and blade is the title so need variety of mounted animal

SBolshevik, did you see it too? A vision from the almighty?

O, shushiman, looking at your posts so far, you are going to be a wonderful member of the forums. Welcome.

I would like to add to the suggestion that we could also have chariots with a variety of mounted animals, so perhaps elephants on one side and a camel on the other.

shushiman said:
Elephant mount and unit.. elephant carry 3 men..armor elephant is cool.. Elephant attack in front, rider in front attack to front left and front right, and 2 in the middle attack use arrow... and camel mount.. Elephant carry ammunition and unit can use that ammo.. For camel, have bonus damage to horse.. Player kingdom with custom unit.. Custom unit edit use point.. In game character editor is back.. Family tree..  mount and blade is the title so need variety of mounted animal

379ch.gif

i get recommendation to post here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,199465.480.html
and my english not good..
i edited to bigger text because i cant see my text in my mobile phone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom