Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Rich said:
RockerJesse said:
Correct me if I'm wrong in this someone but I can't help but feel bummed seeing that image of the sarranid defense.  The AI looks exactly the same as original Mount&Blade.  My limited knowledge of game development leads me to believe that even though the game is still in development, at this stage; this is most likely going to remain.

Well the AI is using two entry points to attack, one of which seems to be the staircase style siege tower instead of the ramp one. In the end though I'm not sure what you are expecting, about all we can see is bots clustered around the points of attacks, which is what you would expect for a siege.
Maybe one could expect more than that, for example bots taking more advantage of their defender positions, like shooting form the holes in the walls ( there are only 2/a lot bots shooting through the walls.) or burning the siege tower, dropping back the stairs and things like that

RockerJesse said:
Correct me if I'm wrong in this someone but I can't help but feel bummed seeing that image of the sarranid defense.  The AI looks exactly the same as original Mount&Blade.  My limited knowledge of game development leads me to believe that even though the game is still in development, at this stage; this is most likely going to remain.

no one who hasn't seen the game in motion knows anything about the ai. don't make presumptions based on some screenshots.

Well... AI won't at least teabag and call ya a noob. AI rather muster a small group of bandits and ambush you and imprison your entire army.

Lord Rich said:
RockerJesse said:

Well the AI is using two entry points to attack, one of which seems to be the staircase style siege tower instead of the ramp one. In the end though I'm not sure what you are expecting, about all we can see is bots clustered around the points of attacks, which is what you would expect for a siege.
Two entry points to attack is better but besides that, it doesn't seem any more thrilling than what we currently have.  Most likely the tower will already be positioned automatically, and the ladders will already be statically in place.
I am expecting Mount&Blade II, not Mount&Blade Warband II.

Sieges by far was the worst, WORST part of singleplayer, not the politics, not the dialogue, not the lack of Zendar (:lol:) no; SIEGES were the absolute worst thing about Mount&Blade singleplayer.  I at least expected it to be revamped, from what I can see from this screenshot all it added was 2 points of entry.  I have refused to even do sieges entirely as they are currently, and will continue to do so even with 2 points of entry unless it is revamped.  The AI for these battles are absolutely terrible and is cringe worthy in every aspect.

Granted, I know I'm judging a screenshot, there could be tons of hidden things in there that we can't tell and I hope there is.  I'm just pointing out that this is something worth getting worried about if it is the same.

RockerJesse said:
Sieges by far was the worst, WORST part of singleplayer, not the politics, not the dialogue, not the lack of Zendar (:lol:) no; SIEGES were the absolute worst thing about Mount&Blade singleplayer. 

I will have to disagree, the sieges could have been better, but I have not played another game that had better single player sieges. In my opinion the worst thing about WB is a toss up between the AI, and the way the computer was able to spawn armies. I don't think there is an alternative to how the computer spawns armies.

I like how the game is more inspired by the Roman era, I always preferred it over the medieval era. And I always liked short sword + tower shield more than longer swords + kite shield.

I think people are forgetting that in that picture there are 3 points of entry. If you look closely there is a ladder on the ground which hasn't been lifted up!

momcilo94 said:
I like how the game is more inspired by the Roman era, I always preferred it over the medieval era. And I always liked short sword + tower shield more than longer swords + kite shield.

And I prefer spear and round shield.  :cool:

I think that both native and mods ( at least the ones I tried ) have unrealistically nurfed the thrusting ability of swords . So both short or long swords doesn't feel exactly as they should . The roman gladius was mostly used to thrust in battle but that goes for most of the longer swords to. It is not exactly how it works in duels for example where you have to care about one opponent . In the battle , that you had to fight all day maybe, you had to care about not getting too tired too early . Slashing is much more energy consuming , not to mention that it opens your defense to possible attacks that can come from many different parts . So , in the battlefield , there was more thrusting than slashing .     

Sieges sucked because they were not sieges but rather an assault on an already broken wall so not really a siege at all. The game needs sieges were the player has to knock out towers and walls take towers and gates otherwise its just going to be the same.

Red_Lancer said:
Sieges sucked because they were not sieges but rather an assault on an already broken wall so not really a siege at all. The game needs sieges were the player has to knock out towers and walls take towers and gates otherwise its just going to be the same.

This is quite accurate

we want too mutch from games.
I would like to see game with very good physics and destroyable walls/buildings ........ with real catapult physics for better game experience but it is not possible now.
As we can see in Kingdom come(late 2015) graphics is allways better and combat system too but there is no multiplayer and there wont be very realistic sieges.
Making a game with fully working physics is very difficult.There are still hardware limits.
In my opinion approximatelly in 2020 there will be more realistic games using realistic physics.
On the other hand ****ing consoles for retarded kids slowing down PC platform.  :neutral:

Maestrro said:
I would like to see game with very good physics and destroyable walls/buildings ........ with real catapult physics for better game experience but it is not possible now.
As we can see in Kingdom come(late 2015) graphics is allways better and combat system too but there is no multiplayer and there wont be very realistic sieges.
Making a game with fully working physics is very difficult.There are still hardware limits.
In my opinion approximatelly in 2020 there will be more realistic games using realistic physics.
On the other hand ******** consoles for retarded kids slowing down PC platform.  :neutral:

It is possible with the current technology, but a lot of developers don't have the money or the resources for it. On top of that, majority of players wouldn't have a strong enough machine to support all of that. But, people are not asking for better siege physics, they want a better siege and overall AI.

Maestrro said:
On the other hand ******** consoles for retarded kids slowing down PC platform.  :neutral:
We're not asking for all that, we all know it would be nice but it's just not possible considering the resources available to taleworlds. 

What is within Taleworld's power is to do some of the following;

Stop the AI from using attacks that would normally damage their own ally (i.e. in sieges or even a normal battle the ugly pauses where they all cluster and use any attack regardless if there is an opening or not just to bounce off an ally nearby)

Maybe have sieges actually be a siege not just a funnel of units into one fortified spot.
Make the AI use murder holes
Kicking down ladders, rams for the gate (Simpler than it sounds, a modder could do this), intelligent AI to defend the broken gate and wall at the same time. 

Etc. Just an entire revamped siege altogether

I would like to see in the combat system a bit from "Overgrowth" - in terms of feeling sword cut through the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom