Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swyter said:
Oh. And free keys for recognized modders! I don't want to pay for a game I'm just going to fiddle with.
It's a win-win situation for both parties. I have fun, you have content.
Yes! For honor! And glory! And Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love, and last, but not least - a Hard-Boiled Egg!

MadVader said:
What modders actually need would be early beta access, so they can start making mods early.
This is in TW's interest as well, they can have a game release with ready mods.
How about free keys and early beta access? That way modders could be able to start making mods early and stop for no reason. :lol:

But wait a second...
MadVader said:
Active people with released, popular mods and Docm30. :smile:
Does "partially released" count? :razz:

MadVader said:
What modders actually need would be early beta access, so they can start making mods early.

I would support this, at TW's discretion on defining modders.

I'd be happy if established modders get in to test, but I'd be fuggin pissed if that naruto **** was able to play it early.

Fehnor said:
MadVader said:

I'm happy if established modders get in to test, but I'd be fuggin pissed if that naruto **** was able to play it early.

+1

This just made my day

Fehnor said:
MadVader said:

I'd be happy if established modders get in to test, but I'd be fuggin pissed if that naruto **** was able to play it early.
I'm with Fehnor on this one.

Lord Brutus said:
Fehnor said:
MadVader said:

I'm with Fehnor on this one.
I support this. And it gives me extra inspiration to work on my mod.
Of course since the bannerlord beta is twenty years away I'm under no time constraints.

Its in development. I haven't made a thread for it because I don't believe in making one until half the work is done.

MadVader said:
The problem with that is what defines a modder? I know it is a pretty easy question, but will people say that they are modders just to get early, free access? And if one person decides, it would be pretty elitist.

What they really should do is say which programming language modding will be in, of if it will still be the module system; then release basic tutorials for that language/the new module system, or at least link to some tutorials. That way, people can start learning about the new way of modding, and give them a jump start. :smile:

I'd be surprised if Taleworlds doesn't reach out to some of the most established modification producers at some point during closed testing. There are some people in the modification community, both single player and multi-player, who have had professional standards for their work. It'd be a good way to extend their QA capacity, and it'd help build relationships among their content creators, who are the people who help the product survive and prosper for years.

Edit: elitism doesn't factor in here; I think it is better for the question to be asked, "who do you want to help your game be successful?" That wouldn't put a time limit or popularity count on people. Whomever TW would think could be, firstly, worth mailing the NDA to and setting up services for would be good and, secondly, able to contribute to their QA. It'd be easy to look at some of the top competitive teams for capable multi-player balance and gameplay testers, and you could look to some of the most influential mods for people to help bolster single-player. There is no shortage of consistent, invested talent in this community.

For gods sake, why not just release a set amount of beta keys in rounds to anyone that has applied to the "beta sign up", eg:
1000 keys in Feb
1000 keys in March
1000 keys in April
ect

There's no need to exclusively give keys to "modders" and debate what defines a "modder". :roll:

No one is selected with a bias, its all random.
Who cares if "modders" don't get the first access, so long as some get in by chance or by quota during the beta, all is well.
The lucky modders get to try out the mod kit, API changes ect, give feedback and perhaps start building their mod how ever small or large it may be.

Also, why should modders exclusively gain access first? Even if they do and they try to start working on their project, there's a high chance that updates to the game will be frequent and some of those changes in the game (back end) may be significant enough to set the modders back even further #pain in the ass.

All that matters during the beta phase is feedback from the community in general (casual, hardcore,modders,ect). That's where my first suggestion comes in (x amount of keys released in rounds to people that have signed up to the beta).

Edit: who knows, perhaps by this random selection process new modders may arise who are quite proficient at what they do and may not only produce new content, but that of which is better than what we have already seen.

I say free keys to all squires ! (squires at the moment that is) :smile:

But seriously people, what are you talking about ?
Is this some kind of "we're gonna talk so much about it that they have to listen to us" secret agreement  :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom