Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tork789 said:
That's actually very strange. Turkish government really thinks that building some kind of mall is worth the lives of people?
A shopping mall? Nah. The bribe the officials probably received for it? Yup!

What was that movie title? .....

Yeah, 500 that's it! I just don't remember how that movie ended for those brave heroes involved....

CTCCoco said:
Kawee said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpRtjXU-Xg
Protestors hit by a panzer?... a panzer? The scare tactics are thinly veiled, nothing about that truck looks remotely similar to a panzer or a tank in general. I'm not disagreeing with what the people of Turkey are fighting for although I would like to find an unbiased source of info on the matter.

On topic, I wonder what the factions will be like and if there will be new factions

WaffleBorn said:
Protestors hit by a panzer?... a panzer? The scare tactics are thinly veiled, nothing about that truck looks remotely similar to a panzer or a tank in general. I'm not disagreeing with what the people of Turkey are fighting for although I would like to find an unbiased source of info on the matter.
I don't think it was even intended to look like a panzer. It's just a metaphor for something that rams other things, I guess.
I didn't actually see anything on this video. A guy was standing behind something, the truck rammed that something, the guy stood up and walked away.

In fact, the police did their job. They have to protect the peace, and if this means demolishing wannabe barricades or pacifying crowds, so be it. Yes, it's bad that this is happening, but if nobody actually threw rocks at the police, they wouldn't feel obliged to beat protesters up, would they? And while many people may indeed be protesting peacefully, there are always groups that deliberately turn violent. And I'm not really against having some dip****s beaten. I'm sorry for the collateral damage though. Innocents are unfortunately always harmed.

Folms said:
I thought the movie was called 300.
Yes, but it was intended to be 500 at first. However, it turned out that there were too many soldiers and battle scenes and too few nonsensical freaks, so the director just cut 200 soldiers from very battle and replaced them with an equal amount of stupidity in nearly every other scene.

I am pretty sure "panzer" means Armour too, not necessarily Tank. By the looks of it that protester got hit by some serious Armour.

I think they justify it by the people were trespassing. You can't peacefully refuse to leave a place you don't own, especially if the owners want you out. What makes it shady is that it was a public park, but those people didn't own that park (although it was probably paid for by their tax dollars). When large amounts of people get involved in a physical conflict, people will die. What really sucks is those people paid for that raid with their tax money.

WaffleBorn said:
My guess is that the word "panzer" was used to make it sound more frightening and compare the police to nazis.

It's an anti-riot vehicle called a Panzer. it's just a name.

Lumos said:
WaffleBorn said:
I don't think it was even intended to look like a panzer. It's just a metaphor for something that rams other things, I guess.
I didn't actually see anything on this video. A guy was standing behind something, the truck rammed that something, the guy stood up and walked away.

In fact, the police did their job. They have to protect the peace, and if this means demolishing wannabe barricades or pacifying crowds, so be it. Yes, it's bad that this is happening, but if nobody actually threw rocks at the police, they wouldn't feel obliged to beat protesters up, would they? And while many people may indeed be protesting peacefully, there are always groups that deliberately turn violent. And I'm not really against having some dip****s beaten. I'm sorry for the collateral damage though. Innocents are unfortunately always harmed.

Folms said:
I thought the movie was called 300.
Yes, but it was intended to be 500 at first. However, it turned out that there were too many soldiers and battle scenes and too few nonsensical freaks, so the director just cut 200 soldiers from very battle and replaced them with an equal amount of stupidity in nearly every other scene.

it's pretty obvious you don't know much about what's actually happening over there right now.

If there are going to be new factions in Bannerlord, I've thought of a few that would be interesting.
Derivatives of:
Byzantine Empire
Holy Roman Empire (The Swadians kind of fit that role but they're more English to me)
Sengoku Jidai Japanese Empire.
Medieval Chinese empire.

Historically fictional empire
A mashup Native American empire mixing in aesthetics of Central American Natives such as the Mayans and Incans, with North American tribes such as the Aztecs, Cherokee, Sioux, Iroquois, etc, but with a spin in that their armor is up to Late Medieval standards. That would be sweeeet.

Also making the Rhodoks look more Italian and be more Italian in theme. A good start would be basing them more off of Medieval Venice than... Whatever the hell they're based off now. Mods like Floris like to paint them as being more Italian (Even going so far to call their king "Doge") so I think it would be a good change.

Voltaere said:
If there are going to be new factions in Bannerlord, I've thought of a few that would be interesting.
Derivatives of:
Byzantine Empire
Holy Roman Empire (The Swadians kind of fit that role but they're more English to me)
Sengoku Jidai Japanese Empire.
Medieval Chinese empire.

Historically fictional empire
A mashup Native American empire mixing in aesthetics of Central American Natives such as the Mayans and Incans, with North American tribes such as the Aztecs, Cherokee, Sioux, Iroquois, etc, but with a spin in that their armor is up to Late Medieval standards. That would be sweeeet.

Also making the Rhodoks look more Italian and be more Italian in theme. A good start would be basing them more off of Medieval Venice than... Whatever the hell they're based off now. Mods like Floris like to paint them as being more Italian (Even going so far to call their king "Doge") so I think it would be a good change.

And on top of that, I'd like to see a south-african themed faction that battles with wooden spears, blowpipes and that ride zebras and have a japanese accent and whose faction leader's title is Caesar

One  that would help the public masses admin their own game is allowing people to state a reason when they make a ban poll. Most of the time ban polls go up and you have no idea where.

I just hope the new game keep up to the M&B unique gameplay with some improvements in gameplay and, why not, the graphics! And that we get at least a new cool faction based out of Zulu, Japonese, Chinese or Turkish empires for example.

Well, Calradia is a fictional world so... your argument is invalid. Unless I was talking about martians. That would be an awkward faction to have in Bannerlord...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom