Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Q and A:

"Q: speaking of phisics, how will the players interact with the environments in M&B2?
A: It’s still very early to talk, but we would like the game environment to be interactive as much as possible. The ideal would be to have the player pick-up, destroy and throw stuff. We are rebuilding, or should I say building, a physics engine from scratches."

That calls for proper multiplayer tavern fights, without swords.  :smile:

Or a sword with throwing knives. I dont mind if they put it in or if they leave it out as long as I dont see 20 swadian dual wielders coming in my direction. If they implement they better do it realistic and good and leave it to the player, companions and just maybe some mercenaries.

Throwing knifes are weary unrealistic. It is extremely hard to kill a man by throwing knifes at him.

So you would let anyone throw a knife at you becomse its completely non lethal? I think if a throwing knife gets jammed in your throat your pretty much gone. Éspecially in medieval times. I would like to see some hardcore mode with infection, injuries and blood loss since we are aproaching this subject.

Egarb said:
I hope they don't have dual wielding. I can't see what's good about it.
It adds more variety to combat, for one thing.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Only for weapons you can't block with, I'd be okay with, like butchering knives.
Are you kidding, parrying was historically one of the main reasons why you'd want to use an off-hand weapon. That's part of the reason why I've always advocated shifting M&B2 to a later historical period. You really don't get much of this stuff in the middle ages, but later on you have lots of crazy weapons like spring-operated trident daggers or daggers with slots in the blade designed to trap the opponent's sword's blade. IMO those would make combat way more interesting than simple swords and shields. But no, it's going to be the same old boring crap again. Le sigh.

tansvanio said:
So you would let anyone throw a knife at you becomse its completely non lethal? I think if a throwing knife gets jammed in your throat your pretty much gone. Éspecially in medieval times. I would like to see some hardcore mode with infection, injuries and blood loss since we are aproaching this subject.

I did not say it was non lethal  :wink: 
An throwing axe on the other hand
is.
An sword and an axe isn't to fare gone for realism.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Egarb said:
I hope they don't have dual wielding. I can't see what's good about it.
It adds more variety to combat, for one thing.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Only for weapons you can't block with, I'd be okay with, like butchering knives.
Are you kidding, parrying was historically one of the main reasons why you'd want to use an off-hand weapon. That's part of the reason why I've always advocated shifting M&B2 to a later historical period. You really don't get much of this stuff in the middle ages, but later on you have lots of crazy weapons like spring-operated trident daggers or daggers with slots in the blade designed to trap the opponent's sword's blade. IMO those would make combat way more interesting than simple swords and shields. But no, it's going to be the same old boring crap again. Le sigh.

Those things are good in an duel, but useles in an army.  But it would have been fun to play as an dualist.

Egarb said:
Throwing knifes are weary unrealistic. It is extremely hard to kill a man by throwing knifes at him.
While it's true that it is hard (not extremely) hard to kill a man with throwing knives, that doesn't mean they're unrealistic. Throwing knives are a great way to hunt small game or wound lightly armored men. Likewise, the same argument could be made for rocks, but in reality, soldiers picked them up and chucked them at each other often before they moved into close combat. Anything you can throw that could cause damage would be thrown.

Throwing swords and axes on the other hand ARE slightly less realistic. And really, comparing throwing knives with throwing axes, while axes will tend to do more damage when they hit correctly, there are knife throws that require no spin and thus do more damage consistently. Likewise, an axe made specifically for throwing really won't do too much more damage than a knife made for throwing.

>Me looking at the Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord thread
>Seeing all the suggestions people are making
>Praying the developers won't listen to the suggestions

AW yeah I just greentexted on the TW threads.
haters_gonna_hate.jpg

Egarb said:
An sword and an axe isn't to fare gone for realism.
Please don't use realism as an argument for your little pet feature unless you're also prepared to advocate things like spending several weeks of game time in bed after being stabbed even once and dying of gangrene in the end anyway. Or just dying randomly because you happened to contract some nasty disease from someone in the street.

TORN9000 said:
AW yeah I just greentexted on the TW threads.
haters_gonna_hate.jpg
Unfortunately, using green text consumes kiloliters upon kiloliters of fossil fuels, dumping huge amounts of carbon- and sulfur-based compounds into the atmosphere. That's not very green of you.

I've always wanted to throw my war spear, expecially when there's Hives around me, on the enemy side. That would really give a lot of satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom