Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine a "Gradual Effect" system. Lets say you're pushing up a ladder, but you're interrupted. The ladder doesn't just magically act like nobody tried to push it up, it just is not pushed up all the way. Same thing with cannons if they do an NW style DLC. You get interrupted while pushing a cannon. The cannon is pushed, but not all the way.

PTWarrior said:
I think I heard the song somewhere else before watching blog 8 so I don't think it's original, but I'm not sure.
It's in the Prophesy of Pendor mod, I think.
If I recall, the music was made by Rejenorst. Could be wrong about that.

Anyways, it's probably not by Periscope.

I like the music on the blog. Not so much the music on the racing game.

I like the ability to import heightmaps. I wonder if it is at all possible to do an entirely procedural world by having the engine import parts of one generated outside the game, or will the game itself have a default procedural as well as the map that will obviously be Calradia specific?

In any event, it would appear it will interact with procedural stuff at least to the extent that you can procedurally generate and then import straightforwardly.

I'm not a coder, so please forgive me if all of this makes no sense. I just have sort of fallen in love with the sort of endless exploration of procedural world generation, and for modding that would be awesome in my opinion.

Holy ****, it's Sunday again. So much stuff going on around here, time flies so fast...

= LuMag, the only magazine #18; 1/X 2014
TALEWORLDS SEVERS UNDER SIEGE
LumoCorp Ltd.'s Network Monitoring department has been noticing the strange behaviour that the TaleWorlds servers have been exhibiting recently. The servers are severely misbehaving, rendering us (at times) severed from the forums. According to our data, a number of individuals have attempted to bombard the servers with several DDoS attacks, which has resulted in the forums going offline for a while, and a problem with PMs (which was of course promptly and masterfully resolved by the TW admins). Upon first glance, it appears that some of the "attackers" have Russian IPs, but one of the LumoCorp Ltd. custom-built tracer programs, along with a detachment of soldiers sent to investigate, confirm that the attacks have been rerouted from a different place. The assailants have, however, covered their tracks in a proficient manner, and the LumoCorp Ltd. expeditionary force encountered a hostile squad of fixers determined to prevent us from discovering the truth behind it all. The mercenaries were terminated, but unfortunately not before managing to destroy all the hardware at the site, which, naturally, hampers our investigation. The usage of bot networks and paid contract killers seems to show that the attackers are willing to use all means necessary to bring down the TaleWorlds servers; possibly trying to either wipe all Bannerlord data, or to copy it over for themselves. Worry not, however, because LumoCorp Ltd. is keeping a watchful eye over the TaleWorlds servers, and we can assure you that all Bannerlord-related information is kept safe there, out of the hackers' reach. We're continuing the investigation, but we're certain that the problems won't become more severe.

BANNERLORD TO FEATURE NEW U2 ALBUM
Hello there readers of LuMag, the only magazine. It’s bloody Sunday again, that means I have to concoct another story to keep you guys happy reveal another article with our most carefully researched information about Bannerlord. Now a lot of you were intrigued by the background music playing in the video that was supposedly ‘blog 8’. Some of you suggested that this won’t be the music playing in the actual game, and the D.U.R.U.M. Home Guard investigated and confirmed this theory. After Warband,  Taleworlds believes it is time for Rockband. U2 has decided that those 500 million people who got their newest album for free already weren’t enough, and that you too, will listen to U2, whether you want it or not. The lead singer also asked to voice a character in the game known as the Bonolord, but Taleworlds is of yet reluctant , because they want to avoid confusion with Eric Bana’s character (See issue #6 of LuMag, the only magazine). I have instructed my conscript workers to do more research on U2’s mysterious ways. Bono, if you’re reading this, we WILL reveal the truth, with or without you!
This is all I’ve got for you this week, but next week, you’ll get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the D.U.R.U.M. offices.

-- Lord Tim

More stuff next Sunday, as usual.

=========== MORE IN THE MAGAZINE: ===
NATO liars bombing LumoCorp Ltd. compound instead of "terrorists" (p. 2)
Farid from the LumoCorp Ltd. IT department: "Nobody in this company is a terrorist!" (p. 10)
EXPOSED: United States exploiting other countries' national reserves (p. 14)
EXPOSED: UK jets straying off-mission (p. 26)
Who planted chemical weapons in Syria? (p. 34)
Two hundred civilians dead after bombings on LumoCorp Ltd. (p. 52)
Remote hacking for newbies (p. 62)
Behind the scenes: T14M1, the first mass-produced LumoCorp Ltd. main battle tank (p. 81)
Ten Things You Didn't Know About China's Secret Operations (p. 94)
UN ordering LumoCorp Ltd. to "stand down" and "face trials" (p. 135)
Book reviews: "Harry Potter" series - Reading is better than watching (p. 161)
Film reviews: "Eagle Eye" - This MAY happen if we don't do something (p. 182)
Film reviews: "Disturbia" - Neat, but nothing spectacular (p. 187)
How to Make a Dirty Bomb (p. 189)

=========== PREVIOUS MAGAZINE ISSUES: =
#1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17

Click here for the next issue

Good work! I kinda expected a bit more this 27th of september but hey, I understand how hard it is to create a new engine. I just hope things become faster once this part is finished.

Lumos said:
Holy ****, it's Sunday again. So much stuff going on around here, time flies so fast...

= LuMag, the only magazine #18; 1/X 2014
TALEWORLDS SEVERS UNDER SIEGE
surprised_eleventh_doctor.gif

I suppose your proofreader is about to mysteriously -and permanently- disappear now, isn't he? :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom