Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not certain religion or a sophisticated system of feudalism will be present in Bannerlord. Since the time period of the game is set during the fall of the Calrad Empire, which alludes to the fall of the Roman Empire, the institutions in place for that time period are likely going to be quite far from sophisticated, as is how it developed in our world's history being set in the very early days of the medieval period. Set in a parallel world hundreds of years before the first crusade, before the settling tribes even adopted christianity, and the factions we know of still basically tribes with a monarch title in place of medieval kingdoms, I don't think those kinds of systems being in place for Bannerlord.

Exactly because of the time period I suggested different religions for each of the 'tribes'. Also, I don't think that the fall of the Western Empire made any difference in the way it was ruler - Kings, vassals, and minor nobles. :???:

Crille said:
I think the Sarranids are based on the Sassanid empire, I base that assumption on the name only.
And yeah now when you mention it.. I don't even think any of the companions are from Sarranid territory. And I can't remember any ingame dialogue speaking about them.
I've always felt like Khergits are Ilkhanate, Sarranids are Mamluk Sultanate. Isn't Nizar from Sarranid territory?

Tatari_okan said:
Crille said:
I think the Sarranids are based on the Sassanid empire, I base that assumption on the name only.
And yeah now when you mention it.. I don't even think any of the companions are from Sarranid territory. And I can't remember any ingame dialogue speaking about them.
I've always felt like Khergits are Ilkhanate, Sarranids are Mamluk Sultanate. Isn't Nizar from Sarranid territory?
Wasn't Nizar in the first game?

Cookie Muncher said:
Wasn't Nizar in the first game?
I guess Nizar was in the first game. Now I checked, you are right about Sarranids haven't been mentioned in dialogs that much compared to other factions except for this dialog.
Army.png

Did Nizar have any dialogue pertaining to the Sarranids? I rarely used him because he was a womanizer with Matheld and cursed off his enemies' dead bodies as well as being on odds with my favourite followers.  :neutral:

Sarranids weren't a thing in the first game. :wink: That's why I was wondering whether or not he's been in the original MnB, because if he was, there would be no way of him being from the Sarranid Sultanate.

Cookie Muncher said:
momcilo94 said:
Cookie Muncher said:
It's page 307 for me. Max posts per page(50). It's still a long way to even a 1000 on these settings. :razz:

Hipster alert!
:neutral: My post wasn't being a hipster one. Seeing that the mainstream idea of the thread is actual, serious discsussion regarding the game, and all the bull**** posts are side tracks from lack of information. Guess i'll have to break the stigma and open up a discussion.

I called you a hipster cuz you are using 50 pages per post. Dat misunderstanding lel

Pilum said:
RabbleKnight said:
Will Bannerlord have micro-transaction?

Because if i'm stuck in the SP i want to be able to buy strong weapons for real money.

I want to be able to buy a big, giant red button made out of plastic, that i can hook up to a USB port, preferably with the Taleworlds logo on it, and everytime i press it, i instantaniously win the game. This goes for both singleplayer and multiplayer of course.

:lol:

VonTawast said:
Pilum said:
RabbleKnight said:
Will Bannerlord have micro-transaction?

Because if i'm stuck in the SP i want to be able to buy strong weapons for real money.

I want to be able to buy a big, giant red button made out of plastic, that i can hook up to a USB port, preferably with the Taleworlds logo on it, and everytime i press it, i instantaniously win the game. This goes for both singleplayer and multiplayer of course.

:lol:

Why would you put a smiley face there?

Kellorkleft said:
I'm not certain religion or a sophisticated system of feudalism will be present in Bannerlord. Since the time period of the game is set during the fall of the Calrad Empire, which alludes to the fall of the Roman Empire, the institutions in place for that time period are likely going to be quite far from sophisticated, as is how it developed in our world's history being set in the very early days of the medieval period. Set in a parallel world hundreds of years before the first crusade, before the settling tribes even adopted christianity, and the factions we know of still basically tribes with a monarch title in place of medieval kingdoms, I don't think those kinds of systems being in place for Bannerlord.

Feudalism had already begun before and during the fall of the Roman empire. When the cities withered and the barbarians invaded, the romans fled to the countryside and settled at the large farms owned by nobility which were self-sufficient and relatively safe during the economic crash. Rome was already in the process of being split into smaller holdings ruled by nobles who neither needed or wanted a central government. The feudal system in which land was awarded for military service also stemmmed quite directly from both roman legionaire and barbarian tradition.

Cookie Muncher said:
Sarranids weren't a thing in the first game. :wink: That's why I was wondering whether or not he's been in the original MnB, because if he was, there would be no way of him being from the Sarranid Sultanate.
He was in the first game yes. He does however get Sarranid troops when you make him a lord in WB.
It never actually is said where he was from originally, afaik. Dark skin does imply that one's ancestry comes from the southern latitudes.

helari said:
Kellorkleft said:

Feudalism had already begun before and during the fall of the Roman empire. When the cities withered and the barbarians invaded, the romans fled to the countryside and settled at the large farms owned by nobility which were self-sufficient and relatively safe during the economic crash. Rome was already in the process of being split into smaller holdings ruled by nobles who neither needed or wanted a central government. The feudal system in which land was awarded for military service also stemmmed quite directly from both roman legionaire and barbarian tradition.

These sort of things helped build the foundation for feudalistic government, though it's nowhere near the same level of feudal government that the post I was replying to referred.  The ranking hierarchy of nobility and government structure that we're used to wasn't really established until the Frankish empire and the kingdoms to follow. The monarchies formed by the Goths and the like were rudimentary by comparison. I'm not sure when the papacy melded with the medieval kingdoms, but I don't think that began to occur until later either.

VonTawast said:
Stoncius said:

Cos I found Pilum's joke funny? Did you even read their posts that I quoted?

Why not comment something like lol instead thats not funny putting a smile face like that and it looks like your trying to make him angry!

guiys (and gurls)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293010/

:!:

Stoncius said:
VonTawast said:
Stoncius said:

Why not comment something like lol instead thats not funny putting a smile face like that and it looks like your trying to make him angry!
I think you're missing the point of the smiley face  :roll:

Golradir said:
guiys (and gurls)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/293010/

:!:

Stoncius said:
VonTawast said:
Stoncius said:

I think you're missing the point of the smiley face  :roll:

Why put a smile face instead of writing something to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom