Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been serious discussions regarding the gameplay and backstory of the game in this thread. The post I was referring to with my words had no connection to the subject of discussion in that moment, hence my reaction and question.

Cookie Muncher said:
There have been serious discussions regarding the gameplay and backstory of the game in this thread. The post I was referring to with my words had no connection to the subject of discussion in that moment, hence my reaction and question.
Well+that+joke+just+flew+right+over+your+head+_5536bd76a4e747e3ff7d247cfc7fa318.png

After all the random bs posts in this thread recently... h-how?

But I was saying it in the the present. It will be released 'when it is released' = when it will be released. :grin:
But it doesn't matter. I just want them to show us the world map in the next devblog.

Do not look here said:
Crille said:
The lore of the game is that sea raiders from distant lands came to calradia and carved out a kingdom from the vaegirs.
The Nords are brothers with the sea raiders who still go on seasonal raids to calradia.

Actually, if I remember correctly, Nords not only carved their kingdom out of Vaegirs' flesh, they were invited by either late Empire or already Swadia (don't remember, but they were definitely "hired") to do so. Approximately at the same point - more or less - Khergits invade the steppes, so it may get intensive, if Bannerlord is indeed placed at this point in Calradian history. Even though Rhodoks would be missing.
And, yeah, sea raiders come from Nordland as well.
Also, I hope we will learn more about Sarranids, as they're faction that gives me "glued on" vibes in Warband. I mean, I didn't encounter single word in that small pieces of history we get that acknowledges their existence. They could vanish altogether and not a single dialogue would feel awkward due to their absence.

I think the Sarranids are based on the Sassanid empire, I base that assumption on the name only.
And yeah now when you mention it.. I don't even think any of the companions are from Sarranid territory. And I can't remember any ingame dialogue speaking about them.

PTWarrior said:
I just want them to show us the world map in the next devblog.
And they said that they were going to show a video of a siege in one of the devblogs. Does anyone here know how many of these dev blogs are left? Since they are so rare, it cannot be too many left, if Bannerlord is to be finished during summer or autumn.

Danik said:
PTWarrior said:
And they said that they were going to show a video of a siege in one of the devblogs. Does anyone here know how many of these dev blogs are left? Since they are so rare, it cannot be too many left, if Bannerlord is to be finished during summer or autumn.
I wouldn't bet any money on it

Danik said:
PTWarrior said:
And they said that they were going to show a video of a siege in one of the devblogs. Does anyone here know how many of these dev blogs are left? Since they are so rare, it cannot be too many left, if Bannerlord is to be finished during summer or autumn of 2015.

Fixed it for you.

aekilju said:
Rebelknight said:
Will Bannerlord have micro-transaction?

Because if i'm stuck in the SP i want to be able to buy strong weapons for real money.

Funny joke.

please no

I'm not joking. They should also make the game more friendly to us peoples who rarely have the time to play more than 1 hour.
It should also be less violent as i let my 8 years old daughter play it.

RabbleKnight said:
aekilju said:
Rebelknight said:

Because if i'm stuck in the SP i want to be able to buy strong weapons for real money.

Funny joke.

please no

I'm not joking. They should also make the game more friendly to us peoples who rarely have the time to play more than 1 hour.
It should also be less violent as i let my 8 years old daughter play it.

Hahahahahaha, so funny, you crack me up!  :wink:

Danik said:
-text here-

Your avatar...that movie...you...

RabbleKnight said:

If you are stupid retarded kid go and play WoW or LoL or something similar.

Cookie Muncher said:

Agreed, its just kind of rare.

RabbleKnight said:

I want to be able to buy a big, giant red button made out of plastic, that i can hook up to a USB port, preferably with the Taleworlds logo on it, and everytime i press it, i instantaniously win the game. This goes for both singleplayer and multiplayer of course.

momcilo94 said:
Cookie Muncher said:
It's page 307 for me. Max posts per page(50). It's still a long way to even a 1000 on these settings. :razz:

Hipster alert!
:neutral: My post wasn't being a hipster one. Seeing that the mainstream idea of the thread is actual, serious discsussion regarding the game, and all the bull**** posts are side tracks from lack of information. Guess i'll have to break the stigma and open up a discussion.

Religion. I talked about it in a post of mine, 300-400 pages back. Since the game will take place 200 years earlier than the event from Warband, do you think there will be different religions for the different factions? Like, for example Sunni for the Sarranids, Tengri or a shamanic type of religion worshipping the horse and the souls of the animals, Orthodox type of religion for the Vaegirs, Frankish/German catholicism for Swadians and the Rhodoks, and a nordic type of religion for the Nords. Would be interesting to go on crusades just for the sake of religion(inb4 real life). The vassal system would be kind of interesting if implemented. For example, the Nords have their kingdom divided into 3 holds - Sargoth, Wercheg and Tihr. Each one of them is ruled by a Jarl, who is in control of the city and the nearby castles and villages. They pay taxes to the High King. Each castle in a hold is ruled by a Huscarl, who rules over his castle and the minor fiefs. He pays taxes to the Jarl. And each of the minor fiefs are ruled by Minor nobles, who pay taxes to the Huscarls. That would be a much more realistic way of ruling the factions, and imo would be hella fun to rise through the ranks of nobles, from a pety mercenary to Huscarl, and even Jarl.

Another interesting thing could be Monastery and Hamlet fiefs. I don't have extensive knowledge regarding the Church ranks, like abbots and bishops, so bare with me. The Head of the Church in Swadia, for example, rules over all of the religious institutions in the kingdom. Each of those institutions pay in either gold or produce, just like it was in medieval-dark ages Europe. The taxes go into the Church coffers, if the Head of the Church is on bad terms with the King, he may choose not to pay any taxes to him. Note that the Church should be powerful and yield high taxes, so if you're the king and the Pope hates you, you get significantly less money from within your dominion. He can even excomunicate you and put a pretender of his on the throne. :razz:

I'm not certain religion or a sophisticated system of feudalism will be present in Bannerlord. Since the time period of the game is set during the fall of the Calrad Empire, which alludes to the fall of the Roman Empire, the institutions in place for that time period are likely going to be quite far from sophisticated, as is how it developed in our world's history being set in the very early days of the medieval period. Set in a parallel world hundreds of years before the first crusade, before the settling tribes even adopted christianity, and the factions we know of still basically tribes with a monarch title in place of medieval kingdoms, I don't think those kinds of systems being in place for Bannerlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom