Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Gab-AG. said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Gab-AG. said:
By the way, does anybody know if naval combat was ever mentioned? Or if ships are even a thing? Just wondering, not sure if it was brought up before (even though it seems likely).
They said that they are gonna add it with an update later in the development .

Oh, so it's confirmed? Oh man, that's awesome. I love naval combat, would be great to see it here. Thanks for informing me.
Yes. I am 100% sure I have seen either a developer or Frank say that very thing.
Also imagine now that catapults can destroy walls.Which means the ships are also gonna be destroyable in some parts.We also have ballistas etc. It will be so much fun.

Do you have a source for that?

If I dont forget I will find and post it here tonight

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

aekilju said:
Yes my ass. How about that?  :roll: :facepalm:
Do you not understand the concept of remembering something?

Just noticed smt... the shields on those videos lose their faction colors as soon as the soldier carrying them is killed. The horse archer vid makes this quite obvious, there is a huge ammount of unnmarked wooden shields on the floor. At two diferent moments I actually saw the shields turning from yellow (the sarranid general faction color) to wooden neutral as soon as the carrier died. Is that a bug or intentional?

VictorF said:
Just noticed smt... the shields on those videos lose their faction colors as soon as the soldier carrying them is killed. The horse archer vid makes this quite obvious, there is a huge ammount of unnmarked wooden shields on the floor. At two diferent moments I actually saw the shields turning from yellow (the sarranid general faction color) to wooden neutral as soon as the carrier died. Is that a bug or intentional?

Didn't notice that, good point. However, they did say they're doing the final touches. If it's a bug I'm sure they'll fix it!

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Gab-AG. said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Gab-AG. said:
By the way, does anybody know if naval combat was ever mentioned? Or if ships are even a thing? Just wondering, not sure if it was brought up before (even though it seems likely).
They said that they are gonna add it with an update later in the development .

Oh, so it's confirmed? Oh man, that's awesome. I love naval combat, would be great to see it here. Thanks for informing me.
Yes. I am 100% sure I have seen either a developer or Frank say that very thing.
Also imagine now that catapults can destroy walls.Which means the ships are also gonna be destroyable in some parts.We also have ballistas etc. It will be so much fun.

Oooh, I'd love that in a mod with the ottomans,  I could be an ottoman pirate.

Ki-Ok Khan said:

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

aekilju said:

Yeah, and I remember Lust saying Bannerlord would have two factions and no mod support. See how that works?

aekilju said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

aekilju said:

Yeah, and I remember Lust saying Bannerlord would have two factions and no mod support. See how that works?
No . You dont understand what I meant. If I just recall it or remember it . How do you expect me to give you the ****ing source right away? see how that works?

Btw here your ****ing source : https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/57fcgb/last_night_communityguy_frank_did_a_quick/
His 4chan Q&A.

Just saw this on reddit :
cf7zYO3.jpg

Ki-Ok Khan said:
aekilju said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

aekilju said:

No . You dont understand what I meant. If I just recall it or remember it . How do you expect me to give you the **** source right away? see how that works?

Btw here your **** source : https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/57fcgb/last_night_communityguy_frank_did_a_quick/
His 4chan Q&A.
Chill out friend I just want to be 100% sure of information.

Redditor embellishes his answer a bit also smh

This is his actual post
YndN2.jpg
And that specific thread and post in the archive: https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/157251318/#157317180

So what Lust actually said was "cannot really make any promises" and "probably not at release, at least"!! I remembered it being something like that. Taking that statement as evidence that naval combat will be in the game is optimistic to say the least.

Thank you aekilju, dunno how many times I've had to remind people that the reddit write-up of that Q&A wasn't totally accurate :smile:.

DanAngleland said:
So what Lust actually said was "cannot really make any promises" and "probably not at release, at least"!! I remembered it being something like that. Taking that statement as evidence that naval combat will be in the game is optimistic to say the least.

To translate, that means "We have no plans for naval combat" and "It's almost guaranteed not to happen". The map design kinda proves there won't be naval combat. Unless you want to fight over a lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom