Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUMMAN said:
Disobedience to the commanders order has no penalty.
Such a missed opportunity. Tie it to the commander's personality. If you are well-known, maybe they'll let you do whatever you want with the soldiers but some commanders could be more aggressive, expecting you to follow his orders to the letter and on time, berating you after the fight for not doing so, etc.  Some others could be wimpy and not say a thing if you were to disobey his orders, I don't know. It just sounds like a good roleplay option.

HUMMAN said:

I mean really-- how are they to measure that at all. Also I think if there was a penalty it would be really frustrating. Finally, what if there is something legitimately preventing you from executing the order, but you still get the penalty.

I think if anything there should be some kind of combat effectiveness ranking done after a fight, proportionate to the amount of troops you command. If you kill more or equal to your number the lord views you with favor. If it's substantially lower then rumors go around that your a weak willed and possibly a coward. Different troop types might have a multiplier. Infantry are defensive so you don't expect to kill equal numbers, while with archers you expect to kill more than you lose.

Goker said:
HUMMAN said:
Such a missed opportunity. Tie it to the commander's personality. If you are well-known, maybe they'll let you do whatever you want with the soldiers but some commanders could be more aggressive, expecting you to follow his orders to the letter and on time, berating you after the fight for not doing so, etc.  Some others could be wimpy and not say a thing if you were to disobey his orders, I don't know. It just sounds like a good roleplay option.

This. First mod I wanna see.

Also, from PC Gamer's article:

"I was slightly disappointed to find out those orders are more like suggestions, as there's no consequence for ignoring them entirely and doing your own thing in battle. "

We're not the only ones.

redwood36 said:
If you kill more or equal to your number the lord views you with favor. If it's substantially lower then rumors go around that your a weak willed and possibly a coward. Different troop types might have a multiplier. Infantry are defensive so you don't expect to kill equal numbers, while with archers you expect to kill more than you lose.
Expanding on that, the lord could also get angrier if you lose a lot of his troops.

(Isn't there some game or maybe a WB that did this?)

Auldman said:
Bingo but then again Armagan gave this interview in Turkish too and no one at TaleWorlds has thought that maybe this sort of thing ought to be stated in English. I mean you'd think that this would be a no-brainer but apparently it isn't which just speaks volumes.
The reason the interview is in Turkish is just because it is one of the first interviews out there to put on youtube. I am sure Armagan would say the same thing in English on other media pages as well. They dont have any different opinions about turkish speaking or english speaking fans dont worry.

Mr.Milker said:
Oh, how cute.

Mr.Milker - my favorite avatar on this forum  :party:

I saw this image on the pcgamer article:
SWwEr6r9mECMZCYRbAnDzH.png
TW said on their main page when the two videos were released "Their behavior is drawn from actual historical tacticians, for example Alexander the great" when talking about key battle improvements. So they are using historic things to enrich the game. But now look at this picture. I'm seriously doubting the historic accuracy and the efficiency of these armours. Metal points on leather armours? And look at that golden helmet... are you serious?

I'm no expert but I'm sure there's a lot of innacuracy on that image. And we should also be aware of the time period of the game.

DanAngleland said:
Auldman said:
Armagan gave this interview in Turkish too and no one at TaleWorlds has thought that maybe this sort of thing ought to be stated in English. I mean you'd think that this would be a no-brainer but apparently it isn't which just speaks volumes.

That was one interview, one that someone found and brought to our attention here. It doesn't mean there won't be other interviews in English and we wouldn't know about it if someone hadn't dug it up. It's not as if Taleworlds said "This is the only interview we are doing and we are releasing it to the world now, work hard at translating it if you want answers".
M.ArdA said:
Auldman said:
Bingo but then again Armagan gave this interview in Turkish too and no one at TaleWorlds has thought that maybe this sort of thing ought to be stated in English. I mean you'd think that this would be a no-brainer but apparently it isn't which just speaks volumes.
The reason the interview is in Turkish is just because it is one of the first interviews out there to put on youtube. I am sure Armagan would say the same thing in English on other media pages as well. They dont have any different opinions about turkish speaking or english speaking fans dont worry.

You're both missing the point here: TaleWorlds could have chosen to make that statement in English before this event to to set expectations among the community and chose not to.

The pr is bad. Just bad. You can spin it however you want to so it squares with your fan's idea of how good they are at it but it's got to be clear that there is enough noise here to suggest that many do not share your view. You're free to have it but just understand it's not how a lot of people perceive their actions.

To be clear:

I believe they are working on the game.
I believe it is in a functional state.
I also believe it will be released at some point.
I also believe they revealed the game a year to 2 years too early and I also believe their pr is pretty lousy and they manage expectations poorly.

PTWarrior said:
TW said on their main page when the two videos were released "Their behavior is drawn from actual historical tacticians, for example Alexander the great" when talking about key battle improvements. So they are using historic things to enrich the game. But now look at this picture. I'm seriously doubting the historic accuracy and the efficiency of these armours. Metal points on leather armours? And look at that golden helmet... are you serious?

I'm no expert but I'm sure there's a lot of innacuracy on that image. And we should also be aware of the time period of the game.

Yeah...they kinda took a lot of liberties with Harlaus's  ancestor's armor.  The men behind him look ok though.

Goker said:
HUMMAN said:

Sounds awesome, but how would it be implemented? how can the game detect you are not, for example, "hitting them hard and giving them no chance to recover"? or "attacking the infantry from the left flank"... I mean the game could do it but it would probably also many times fail to calculate it properly which would generate frustrations, not counting the times you actually want to follow the command but things change super quickly in the battlefield and suddenly it is impossible to carry on the order

Gotta agree with redwood and delinard, the orders thing is pretty nebulous. Could be very furstrating getting ordered to flank - even through there is a cliff in the way. Or that kind of thing.

Or you can make it more arcady, "kill [20] archers", which isn't ideal either.

Yea, you are not an expert :wink:. First, it's fantasy. You should not expect actual historical armor in that game. Still, there are some historical armor, like mails.

Metal points on leather armours?
These points could be attaching metal plates under the leather coat, or attaching the leather pieces together and multiple layers (which is more probable). It's not historical (I think) for imperial inspired armor but it's realistic.

And look at that golden helmet... are you serious?
It is called bronze. The armor of the guy wearing that helmet induces that he is wealthy, such decoration is not precisely historical, but far from unrealistic.

Count delinard i agree it is harder than it sounds and cant blame them. But maybe after battle a critic would be nice, if you make more damage than ai expected you may be awarded, same for opposite. Not sure if it worths to the amount of work, the algorithm should be neat to expect an accurate damage, (how many enemy units died should differ to the quailty of your troops and enemys troops) even this is done there will be minor things to exploit in this feature.

Maybe something less specific...like charge at the center or engage enemy archers or engage enemy cavalry
stuff like that that let`s you decide how you want to complete it

creuzet said:
PTWarrior said:

Yeah...they kinda took a lot of liberties with Harlaus's  ancestor's armor.  The men behind him look ok though.

https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-46c2f811e113fb3a9c0099885be61e21-c

Its quite accurate for byzantines, calradian empire's main inspiration.

Boy, I love when people talk fancy about stuff they are clueless about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom