- Best answers
Wow. Where the hell did you find this? It just reinforces my thought that Frank doesn't actually choose what to show. I think someone else decides what can be shown and Frank has to figure out the best way to show it. Unfortunately, because he's the most visible character, he gets a lot of heat. Poor guy.Duh said:To quote Captain Lust prior to his employment:
Frank_TaleWorlds said:Taleworlds is a company with 20 or so employees. It's not Indie anymore. It really is time for them to get real and start thinking about how they're going to interact with their community. Autistically ignoring us just isn't good enough and they can't hide behind the "Indie" veil when the series has sold a million copies. Mount&Blade 2 is coming and it's going to be one of the big PC releases of the year (whichever year it comes out).
Preach!!Goker said:The problem the community is facing in this incident seems to be about mismanagement of their expectations, to be honest. A lot of people are complaining about people expecting too much and it being their fault but when the official twitter account of TW keeps talking about the PC Gaming conference and raises expectations, people are bound to feel disappointed when TW underdelivers. If TW had outlined their program for E3 and talked about what people should and should not expect, seeing that 1 or 2 minutes of video would not be that devastating. That video did not seem like something you'd show on the conference floor.
Then again, perhaps TW thought the videos they released after the conference were good and would be enough to meet expectations. I thought they were subpar and completely missed the charm of the game. I wish they had included some of the intrigue before the battle, the background and how the armies came to clash there. The thing about trailers and video footage is that the players, who are normally in control of everything, only get to watch. So you have to treat them like short movies and draw them in, keep them watching by showing who's fighting, what's at stake, etc. Watch any random battle of Rome Total War and then watch a Historical Battle in R:TW. That guy showing units and giving background info creates a ton of interest in me. Bannerlord videos show very shallow tactics and mindless soldiers just chasing each other. Even doing multiple view points of the same battle with a surprise cavalry charge coming from the back, like in the movie Gladiator, would be simply and yet effective.
I understand wanting the game to market itself but there was a much better way of doing that as well.Jezze said:I got the impression that the E3 presentation aims to appeal to an audience that is not very familiar with Bannerlord.
Also this.Arthur_Pendragon said:Jesus some of you are riding taleworlds **** a little too hard. yeah we get it they dont owe use anything.
Yet when you have a community that literally made your game successful by working countless hours on mods and improvements to the native game. which By the way i might add brought in so many new players. When have you seen an advertisement campaign for Mount & Blade? never why because us the community spread the word by bringing our friends and and they bringing their friends. By making Youtube videos of battles etc. You cannot deny how involved the community has been in the success that Mount and blade has gained. With that being said. We arent mad that the game wont be playable this year or that they are not giving us the game. Jesus i will wait till 2030 if it means i get a polished game but for crying out loud let your community know what the hell is going on. Inform us dont bait us into thinking the next dev blog is gonna be the next big news. Dont Hype up an event where your only gonna show 5% new things the remaining 95% we already had seen. like come on people. we just want them to be more transparent.