Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hark

Recruit
Best answers
Armağan said that "We cannot give any release date, we will release when we will be happy about the game. But most of the game is done, we are finishing details."
Armağan also mentioned that there are some advanced formations, such as lining and "making a circle". This is a new info i think.
Wait what ?
"Most of the game is done, we are finishing details" but still no release date, or AT LEAST no freaking release windows, the hype will be restored if they announce something like "Fall 2017" or "Early 2018".

Silen

Duke
Best answers
Hark said:
Armağan said that "We cannot give any release date, we will release when we will be happy about the game. But most of the game is done, we are finishing details."
Armağan also mentioned that there are some advanced formations, such as lining and "making a circle". This is a new info i think.
Wait what ?
"Most of the game is done, we are finishing details" but still no release date, or AT LEAST no freaking release windows, the hype will be restored if they announce something like "Fall 2017" or "Early 2018".
Well, there are two things I don't understand about that statement:

1. If you're just finishing details, why letting press ONLY play those demos at E3, and not common people too?
2. If most of the game is done (and playable apparently) and you're just finishing details, then why not a beta like previous games?

Something seems a bit odd, a bit off. I don't get it.

mike56

Master Knight
WBNWWF&SM&BVC
Best answers
First player report I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/6h59j3/played_bannerlord_today_at_e3_ill_try_and_recall/

"They also mentioned having alleys which you may be asked to remove a faction from and when you get there the faction might make a better deal with you or you could hire your own thugs to control this alley for you."

Man, they are so insistent with this stupid feature. It looks like it is the only one they have properly implemented at the moment and a great pride for them.

Silen

Duke
Best answers
mike56 said:
First player report I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/6h59j3/played_bannerlord_today_at_e3_ill_try_and_recall/
Interesting point about that is troops breaking and morale. Cool addition, admitting that's a trustworthy source.

HUMMAN

Banned
Best answers
Duh said:
What does that even mean? Nobody can explore their game as of now.
Check the indie dev log. Or what they did for the original m&b. An inclusive development process keeps the hype going by continously engaging the community.
Again the point isn't that there are some people who complain. There always were, always are, always will be some. Their policy determines how many people make up that segment .
I meant having ingame experience. Exaggerating the info share they could share all the missions npcs which would make game less exciting.
For the development process, i think i mentioned as it attention to community. While i also want attention it is not the problem solver at this point. Even Tw does not know the release date, people just want to be relaxed about when game will be complete. Hoping for every year game to be complete and starting over over again is tiring, and it not about the attention they gave its about when game will be complete.
About attention, and keeping dev process open to people yeah i think it is true it would decrease the number of people who complains, and therefore it is nice to be closer to the community. Yet i want to mention while Pr is a problem now, i think release date is a bigger problem. Thats why i said a battle beta wont be enough.

Ki-Ok Khan

In that interview when asked about a release / how much of the game is done Armagan Yavuz says ;
"We will release it when we are completely happy with it and make sure we wont get any bad feed backs from the players.
I can say that we are making the final touches to the game."

Jezze

Baron
WBM&BNWVC
Best answers
I got the impression that the E3 presentation aims to appeal to an audience that is not very familiar with Bannerlord. I cannot say that I am disappointed, but for the followers since 2012 it is scarce in information.  Hopefully they aim to release more details in the coming time, since this 'revelation' at E3, continuing to build on the new hype-wave.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
In that interview when asked about a release / how much of the game is done Armagan Yavuz says ;
"We will release it when we are completely happy with it and make sure we wont get any bad feed backs from the players.
I can say that we are making the final touches to the game."
:shock:

Goker

Archduke
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
The problem the community is facing in this incident seems to be about mismanagement of their expectations, to be honest. A lot of people are complaining about people expecting too much and it being their fault but when the official twitter account of TW keeps talking about the PC Gaming conference and raises expectations, people are bound to feel disappointed when TW underdelivers. If TW had outlined their program for E3 and talked about what people should and should not expect, seeing that 1 or 2 minutes of video would not be that devastating. That video did not seem like something you'd show on the conference floor.

Then again, perhaps TW thought the videos they released after the conference were good and would be enough to meet expectations. I thought they were subpar and completely missed the charm of the game. I wish they had included some of the intrigue before the battle, the background and how the armies came to clash there. The thing about trailers and video footage is that the players, who are normally in control of everything, only get to watch. So you have to treat them like short movies and draw them in, keep them watching by showing who's fighting, what's at stake, etc. Watch any random battle of Rome Total War and then watch a Historical Battle in R:TW. That guy showing units and giving background info creates a ton of interest in me. Bannerlord videos show very shallow tactics and mindless soldiers just chasing each other. Even doing multiple view points of the same battle with a surprise cavalry charge coming from the back, like in the movie Gladiator, would be simply and yet effective.

Jezze said:
I got the impression that the E3 presentation aims to appeal to an audience that is not very familiar with Bannerlord.
I understand wanting the game to market itself but there was a much better way of doing that as well.

Jezze

Baron
WBM&BNWVC
Best answers
Goker said:
Jezze said:
I got the impression that the E3 presentation aims to appeal to an audience that is not very familiar with Bannerlord.
I understand wanting the game to market itself but there was a much better way of doing that as well.
Jah, in that case they could have showed the strong points of Bannerlord which were not in the videos and what we have not seen before. The combination of the sandbox gameplay and battles, fief/kingdom management and multi-player. In essence, a trailer :razz:. If they are really in the polishing/tweaking stages, E3 would have been a good time to publish a trailer IMO.

berkyx

Sergeant at Arms
WBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
He says when we equipped the shield character bashing instead of kicking so kicking is still there

Goker

Archduke
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
Jezze said:
Jah, in that case they could have showed the strong points of Bannerlord which were not in the videos and what we have not seen before. The combination of the sandbox gameplay and battles, fief/kingdom management and multi-player. In essence, a trailer :razz:. If they are really in the polishing/tweaking stages, E3 would have been a good time to publish a trailer IMO.
Yeah, agreed. This is frustrating as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's going on. Their presentations last year were a lot better. They looked like ready to release the game last year but couldn't. Now they look far from ready in terms of preparing presentations or trailers. You'd think their efforts in that area would increase, not get worse.

Iberian Wolf

Baron
Best answers
Ki-Ok Khan said:
"We will release it when we are completely happy with it and make sure we wont get any bad feed backs from the players."
In this case, that's never gonna happen then. One can't please Swadians and Rhodoks.

Status
Not open for further replies.