Not open for further replies.

Dendrym

Recruit
Best answers
Gab-AG. said:
Dendrym said:
Gab-AG. said:
laius said:
so we know the details of the playable demo at E3. it had a menu that let you play the scenarios shown in the new E3 trailers.
why not release this demo to the public at large now that the press and E3 attendees have had the chance to play it?
perhaps as a free download on the bannerlord steam page that has been sitting there pointlessly for months now.
Exactly, or as I suggested countless times before, why not release a multiplayer beta with ONLY one map and two factions, and only one gamemode?

It's very small, and you wouldn't risk anything since the game seems very playable. This would keep many fans busy while you work on a release date.
Because that would be really stupid. Do you think that players would gladly take a finger? No. They would take a finger, and then they would DEMAND realease of game afer like month or so? They demand it now and they have ****. Can you imagine the **** storm to come if they did that?
Think about it.
I doubt they would demand a full release of the game, since as you already said they're not obligated to release it, considering we never paid for it. You said it yourself.

And they're not demanding anything now, people are just complaining about their PR communication skills.
I guess I can see what you mean. And what I said got nothing in common with releasing basically tech demo.
Let me elaborate. So you have highly hyped game that is very rarely teased. You decide to release a tech demo to people. What is going to happen? Will they sit and play happily?Yes. They will. For a time. Rather short time, but that is all dependent on content of demo. You release too little and people are going to be like a crazy vampires that want to suck every last drop of juice from you. It would be quick Bannerlord addiction fix, but leave you hungering for more.

I just plainly disagree. And yes You are just going to have to take that I disagree as I have to take Your opinion in account.

As for the PR matter. I would not want to be community manager for TaleWorlds Entertainment. Community is rather amazing. But they are like starved dogs. Because they are essentially.

SgtButters

Recruit
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
They never lied to us. They must of come across something unexpected during development and there hope to release in "some form" (could of been real early access) changed. Whatever happened there is no doubt they will deliver a better experience the more this game is delayed. Yes we all want our hands on it now. Yes there PR team lacks actually interacting with us on a regular basis. Yes we expect more from them at this point. But as many have said before, they don't owe us anything. They're not obligated to share anything with us. For all we know the game could pop up in early access tomorrow. There is nothing chaining them down. They're a indie company being funded by the Turkish government. They have the funds to develop the best game they can. So many people assume they keep changing there mind and changing mechanics. I struggle to understand how 5 years into a game delopment they would still be changing critical things that take time. If you want to be mad at anything be mad at the fact they don't talk to us about what's going on. Don't get your own hopes up over nothing. They didn't promise what we will hear about and it was always up to them what they wanted to show. Get your hopes up for Gamescom a convention a lot closer to home for Taleworlds. Expect them to role out a good **** then.

laius

Knight
Best answers
I don't think people would be frustrated and demand more after every new piece of info was released like they are now if there was a semi-regular flow of information throughout the year rather than 1-2 blogposts and frankly an almost non-existent E3 presence.

Duh

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
HUMMAN said:
It  is kinda true though, one will never be satisfied and will want more until the release of the game, every new information released so far made people ask for more.
That argument is a bit silly. Sure, some people will never be satisfied, but with good PR most folks can be pleased. And that is clearly beneficial. Otherwise companies wouldn't bother to share information at all.

To quote Captain Lust prior to his employment:
Frank_TaleWorlds said:
Taleworlds is a company with 20 or so employees. It's not Indie anymore. It really is time for them to get real and start thinking about how they're going to interact with their community. Autistically ignoring us just isn't good enough and they can't hide behind the "Indie" veil when the series has sold a million copies. Mount&Blade 2 is coming and it's going to be one of the big PC releases of the year (whichever year it comes out).
And it is not as difficult as people make it out to be. Take this indie devlog as an example: http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com
Continous, substantial information about the development.

Silen

Duke
Best answers
Duh said:
HUMMAN said:
It  is kinda true though, one will never be satisfied and will want more until the release of the game, every new information released so far made people ask for more.
That argument is a bit silly. Sure, some people will never be satisfied, but with good PR most folks can be pleased. And that is clearly beneficial. Otherwise companies wouldn't bother to share information at all.

Frank_TaleWorlds said:
Taleworlds is a company with 20 or so employees. It's not Indie anymore. It really is time for them to get real and start thinking about how they're going to interact with their community. Autistically ignoring us just isn't good enough and they can't hide behind the "Indie" veil when the series has sold a million copies. Mount&Blade 2 is coming and it's going to be one of the big PC releases of the year (whichever year it comes out).
And it is not as difficult as people make it out to be. Take this indie devlog as an example: http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com
Continous, substantial information about the development.
Completely agree with you.

Varrak

Baron
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
Duh said:
Frank_TaleWorlds said:
How did you even find this  :iamamoron: Trolls got so silent after this quote. A little bit more transparent and open communication wouldn't hurt TW or the community. Lets try it *pokes TW*

HUMMAN

Banned
Best answers
@Duh
I agree with Tw s policy to let player explore the beauty. If you dont, thats an another argument. So in these many years they have to keep hype and share little about the game? Its not easy, looking through the past, what they could do. Showing attention to community, like ask fm, talking about game. If any developer would talk to fans in forum (gkx does that) that would be great. Other than that, i can still imagine people complaning about no information, crying for release date maybe with less blaming since Tw would be more friendly.

Dendrym

Recruit
Best answers
Duh said:
HUMMAN said:
That argument is a bit silly. Sure, some people will never be satisfied, but with good PR most folks can be pleased. And that is clearly beneficial. Otherwise companies wouldn't bother to share information at all..
They are sharing because it's a free marketing. They are sharing scripted scenarios with fake voice coms pre rendered gameplay with little similarity to end product with downgraded graphics and missing features. They hype the game for gamers. And they will take care of the rest. Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook. Free marketing.
I am not sure why TaleWorld Entertainment do not wish this free marketing. Maybe they don't want players to overhype the game like Hello Games. I know that is extreme comparison but they are of opposite mind set.
You would not see people pleased with demo. Yes it would please some people, but not the ones that would go to ***** to twitter. Because they would ***** about size of demo.
Also regular updates  would make people very hyped. Because Bannerlord fans are hype people. They want to keep it subtle .

Also one think not in your post but post you were reacting to:
Indie studio means that they FUND games themselves or by other alternative means like crowd funding campaign. You can have 500 people indie studio. Like Blizzard Entertainment is in essence indie studio, because they fund games themselves AND develop them inhouse.
Bethesda is on the other hand mostly publisher. Thus they pay other studios for development, and they do marketing for games they fund, they also hold the author rights to games they fund.

Indie studio: Develop inhouse, market themselves, fund themselves, publish themselves.

Duh

Duke
M&BWB
Best answers
HUMMAN said:
@Duh
I agree with Tw s policy to let player explore the beauty.
What does that even mean? Nobody can explore their game as of now.

HUMMAN said:
So in these many years they have to keep hype and share little about the game? Its not easy, looking through the past, what they could do.
Check the indie dev log. Or what they did for the original m&b. An inclusive development process keeps the hype going by continously engaging the community.

HUMMAN said:
If any developer would talk to fans in forum (gkx does that) that would be great.
Yup.

HUMMAN said:
Other than that, i can still imagine people complaning about no information, crying for release date maybe with less blaming since Tw would be more friendly.
Again the point isn't that there are some people who complain. There always were, always are, always will be some. Their policy determines how many people make up that segment .

------

They are sharing because it's a free marketing.
That and feedback can (sometimes) help with the final product.

I am not sure why TaleWorld Entertainment do not wish this free marketing. Maybe they don't want players to overhype the game like Hello Games. I know that is extreme comparison but they are of opposite mind set. You would not see people pleased with demo. Yes it would please some people, but not the ones that would go to ***** to twitter. Because they would ***** about size of demo.
It is all speculation, but I would wager they would piss off fewer people if they pursued a different policy.

Also regular updates  would make people very hyped. Because Bannerlord fans are hype people. They want to keep it subtle.
Completely und utterly depends on the tone of the updates. It is perfectly possible to share information in a reasonable, level-headed way. See, for instance, the blog I shared previously.

In regards to the Indie definition - Absolutely true, though I think folks are referring to the tolerance that is granted to small, indie developers rather than big ones.

Varrak

Baron
WBWF&SNW
Best answers
laius said:
owo here's something new
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UgNVFnlYg0

don't know what they're saying tho
One new thing i heard from the Merlinin Kazanı employee, he said that "We execute shield bashing with kicking button." If he was right, maybe they removed kicking feature for adding shield bashing? Or maybe they moved kicking to another button.

Armağan said that "We cannot give any release date, we will release when we will be happy about the game. But most of the game is done, we are finishing details."
Armağan also mentioned that there are some advanced formations, such as lining and "making a circle". This is a new info i think.

Rest of the video is just common discussing about demos we already know; animations, maps, graphics, advanced formations, attack chaining etc etc.

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
Dendrym said:
Duh said:
HUMMAN said:
That argument is a bit silly. Sure, some people will never be satisfied, but with good PR most folks can be pleased. And that is clearly beneficial. Otherwise companies wouldn't bother to share information at all..
They are sharing because it's a free marketing. They are sharing scripted scenarios with fake voice coms pre rendered gameplay with little similarity to end product with downgraded graphics and missing features. They hype the game for gamers. And they will take care of the rest. Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook. Free marketing.
I am not sure why TaleWorld Entertainment do not wish this free marketing. Maybe they don't want players to overhype the game like Hello Games. I know that is extreme comparison but they are of opposite mind set.
You would not see people pleased with demo. Yes it would please some people, but not the ones that would go to ***** to twitter. Because they would ***** about size of demo.
Also regular updates  would make people very hyped. Because Bannerlord fans are hype people. They want to keep it subtle .

Also one think not in your post but post you were reacting to:
Indie studio means that they FUND games themselves or by other alternative means like crowd funding campaign. You can have 500 people indie studio. Like Blizzard Entertainment is in essence indie studio, because they fund games themselves AND develop them inhouse.
Bethesda is on the other hand mostly publisher. Thus they pay other studios for development, and they do marketing for games they fund, they also hold the author rights to games they fund.

Indie studio: Develop inhouse, market themselves, fund themselves, publish themselves.

Blizzard also release leaks from time to time for fans to get the hype going but never under official statements. Taleworlds on the other hand does **** all with marketing. I love the fact RPS got into their 'mock' mode and wrote some very small ****e about them like ''Release date: Never''. Its the way of RPS saying they're pissed off.

Silen

Duke
Best answers
Varrak said:
laius said:
owo here's something new

One new thing i heard from the Merlinin Kazanı employee, he said that "We execute shield bashing with kicking button." If he was right, maybe they removed kicking feature for adding shield bashing? Or maybe they moved kicking to another button.

Armağan said that "We cannot give any release date, we will release when we will be happy about the game. But most of the game is done, we are finishing details."
Armağan also mentioned that there are some advanced formations, such as lining and "making a circle". This is a new info i think.

Rest of the video is just common discussing about demos we already know; animations, maps, graphics, advanced formations, attack chaining etc etc.
Thank you for your service to the community.

See y'all next year boys. Nothing to see here.

miikiious

Recruit
Best answers
It would be nice if in bannerlord we could be made commanders of some troop formations (as is speculated in some yt videos about the e3 trailers) it would add a whole new layer to politics, afterall if your kingdoms new marshal whose appointment you opposed and who particularly disliked you could give you weak troops (or let you keep command of your personal troops) and send you on 'suicide missions' during siege or use you as a meat shield. And if you yourselff are a marshal or king even it could strain your relationship with other lords is you give them jobs that cost them half thier army roster while your own stayed relatively fresh and unbloodied during battle. It would make maintending relationships and politics amogst lords of the same kingdom much more important and rewarding.

There really should be an bannerlord subformun on this site, i don't even know if speculations go into this topic.

zdsdead

Sergeant
Best answers
E3 was just a excuse for a holiday......... and as an afterthought they took some short cobbled together battle vids to throw into the show

Iberian Wolf

Baron
Best answers
Varrak said:
laius said:
owo here's something new

Hm, maybe you can't kick if you are holding a shield

Silen

Duke
Best answers
Iberian Wolf said:
Varrak said:
laius said:
owo here's something new

Hm, maybe you can't kick if you are holding a shield
Much probably you can't kick while holding your shield up (right click) because that would be odd, but you can probably kick if your shield's down.

Status
Not open for further replies.