• If you are reporting a bug, please head over to our Technical Support section for Bannerlord.
  • Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silen

Duke
mike56 said:
First player report I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/6h59j3/played_bannerlord_today_at_e3_ill_try_and_recall/

Interesting point about that is troops breaking and morale. Cool addition, admitting that's a trustworthy source.
 

HUMMAN

Banned
Duh said:
What does that even mean? Nobody can explore their game as of now.
Check the indie dev log. Or what they did for the original m&b. An inclusive development process keeps the hype going by continously engaging the community.
Again the point isn't that there are some people who complain. There always were, always are, always will be some. Their policy determines how many people make up that segment .
I meant having ingame experience. Exaggerating the info share they could share all the missions npcs which would make game less exciting.
For the development process, i think i mentioned as it attention to community. While i also want attention it is not the problem solver at this point. Even Tw does not know the release date, people just want to be relaxed about when game will be complete. Hoping for every year game to be complete and starting over over again is tiring, and it not about the attention they gave its about when game will be complete.
About attention, and keeping dev process open to people yeah i think it is true it would decrease the number of people who complains, and therefore it is nice to be closer to the community. Yet i want to mention while Pr is a problem now, i think release date is a bigger problem. Thats why i said a battle beta wont be enough.
 

Ki-Ok Khan

In that interview when asked about a release / how much of the game is done Armagan Yavuz says ;
"We will release it when we are completely happy with it and make sure we wont get any bad feed backs from the players.
I can say that we are making the final touches to the game."
 

Jezze

Baron
WBM&BNWVC
I got the impression that the E3 presentation aims to appeal to an audience that is not very familiar with Bannerlord. I cannot say that I am disappointed, but for the followers since 2012 it is scarce in information.  Hopefully they aim to release more details in the coming time, since this 'revelation' at E3, continuing to build on the new hype-wave.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
In that interview when asked about a release / how much of the game is done Armagan Yavuz says ;
"We will release it when we are completely happy with it and make sure we wont get any bad feed backs from the players.
I can say that we are making the final touches to the game."

:shock:
 

Goker

Archduke
WBWF&SNW
The problem the community is facing in this incident seems to be about mismanagement of their expectations, to be honest. A lot of people are complaining about people expecting too much and it being their fault but when the official twitter account of TW keeps talking about the PC Gaming conference and raises expectations, people are bound to feel disappointed when TW underdelivers. If TW had outlined their program for E3 and talked about what people should and should not expect, seeing that 1 or 2 minutes of video would not be that devastating. That video did not seem like something you'd show on the conference floor.

Then again, perhaps TW thought the videos they released after the conference were good and would be enough to meet expectations. I thought they were subpar and completely missed the charm of the game. I wish they had included some of the intrigue before the battle, the background and how the armies came to clash there. The thing about trailers and video footage is that the players, who are normally in control of everything, only get to watch. So you have to treat them like short movies and draw them in, keep them watching by showing who's fighting, what's at stake, etc. Watch any random battle of Rome Total War and then watch a Historical Battle in R:TW. That guy showing units and giving background info creates a ton of interest in me. Bannerlord videos show very shallow tactics and mindless soldiers just chasing each other. Even doing multiple view points of the same battle with a surprise cavalry charge coming from the back, like in the movie Gladiator, would be simply and yet effective.

Jezze said:
I got the impression that the E3 presentation aims to appeal to an audience that is not very familiar with Bannerlord.
I understand wanting the game to market itself but there was a much better way of doing that as well.
 

Jezze

Baron
WBM&BNWVC
Goker said:
...
Jezze said:
I got the impression that the E3 presentation aims to appeal to an audience that is not very familiar with Bannerlord.
I understand wanting the game to market itself but there was a much better way of doing that as well.
Jah, in that case they could have showed the strong points of Bannerlord which were not in the videos and what we have not seen before. The combination of the sandbox gameplay and battles, fief/kingdom management and multi-player. In essence, a trailer :razz:. If they are really in the polishing/tweaking stages, E3 would have been a good time to publish a trailer IMO.
 

Goker

Archduke
WBWF&SNW
Jezze said:
Jah, in that case they could have showed the strong points of Bannerlord which were not in the videos and what we have not seen before. The combination of the sandbox gameplay and battles, fief/kingdom management and multi-player. In essence, a trailer :razz:. If they are really in the polishing/tweaking stages, E3 would have been a good time to publish a trailer IMO.
Yeah, agreed. This is frustrating as there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what's going on. Their presentations last year were a lot better. They looked like ready to release the game last year but couldn't. Now they look far from ready in terms of preparing presentations or trailers. You'd think their efforts in that area would increase, not get worse.
 
Ki-Ok Khan said:
"We will release it when we are completely happy with it and make sure we wont get any bad feed backs from the players."

In this case, that's never gonna happen then. One can't please Swadians and Rhodoks.
 

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Most of you guys does not know how E3 works. It is an expo but not like an expo for everyone. There are tons of expos about games where they are open to public but most of the titles on E3 are not ready for that kinda exporuse. You can go play a game on any expo when the dev thinks it could be played. PAX Expo for example is a public expo which most of the titles there can be played with the oversight of the devs. But E3 is more than a press showcase/meeting than a public expo. The pre shows are there to inform the audience and the gamers all around the world about what a dev are working on for sometime and if they are on the expo what will they show at booths. E3 is like a Mecca for game industry and everyone is looking to be there or follow what is going on there. It is not like a public show. It is a great chance for advertisements too. And about the PCGamer Show, i think TW would like to be there and talked about the game but i think it was the PCGamer's call for just one trailer.
And about the delays, there needs to be a date that announced earlier and that date needs to be postponed in order to make sure you can say something is delayed. Tere were no dates for the game so no delays.
Also, TW did not lie about anything. Dont over hype yourselves.
 

Silen

Duke
M.ArdA said:
Most of you guys does not know how E3 works. It is an expo but not like an expo for everyone. There are tons of expos about games where they are open to public but most of the titles on E3 are not ready for that kinda exporuse. You can go play a game on any expo when the dev thinks it could be played. PAX Expo for example is a public expo which most of the titles there can be played with the oversight of the devs. But E3 is more than a press showcase/meeting than a public expo. The pre shows are there to inform the audience and the gamers all around the world about what a dev are working on for sometime and if they are on the expo what will they show at booths. E3 is like a Mecca for game industry and everyone is looking to be there or follow what is going on there. It is not like a public show. It is a great chance for advertisements too. And about the PCGamer Show, i think TW would like to be there and talked about the game but i think it was the PCGamer's call for just one trailer.
And about the delays, there needs to be a date that announced earlier and that date needs to be postponed in order to make sure you can say something is delayed. Tere were no dates for the game so no delays.
Also, TW did not lie about anything. Dont over hype yourselves.

I think many here know how that works. However, simple transparency would've been enough.

"We'll be at E3, we'll show 2 gameplay videos, we'll have an interview." If they were clear about it from the start, maybe they wouldn't have generated so much hype which ended with disappointment.

Just an example.

Let me quote Goker which explained it much better than me:

Goker said:
The problem the community is facing in this incident seems to be about mismanagement of their expectations, to be honest. A lot of people are complaining about people expecting too much and it being their fault but when the official twitter account of TW keeps talking about the PC Gaming conference and raises expectations, people are bound to feel disappointed when TW underdelivers. If TW had outlined their program for E3 and talked about what people should and should not expect, seeing that 1 or 2 minutes of video would not be that devastating.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom