Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blead said:
For those of you who have forgotten your roots. This is where Mount&Blade came from. They came a very long way!

"Young Men From Middle East Technical University Move Towards The Record", when they sold 100.000 copies of Warband.

Year 2017, they're middle aged now & we're still playing the same game.

I wonder if Bannerlord will be able to make use of more than two cores (which is pretty much what most games these days only use) It would help increase the numbers of troops on the battlefield for those rocking the new RYZEN CPU's

I don't have one yet...but im getting close to pulling the trigger on a new RYZEN build...just waiting for a good look at what the ATI RX VEGA can do.

If Bannerlord could use lots of cores i'd be getting one as soon as i know the release date...

Has anything been said about how Bannerlord utilises CPU/GPU? i cant recall anything and i follow this thread pretty closely... despite all the garbage in here.  :facepalm:

Agreed, but sadly most games out there still don't utilise many cores yet...despite how long  we have had them for.

Which is why the intel I7 CPUs perform so well in gaming benchmarks... single threaded brute force with high clock cycles.

i dont understand it... must be hard to do or it would have been done by now.

I think Bannerlord will use 4 cores at least, i think it uses many cores cause you can have battles at least with 500 men with better animations than Warband... it would be nice Talworlds tell us about this cause like that people can wait or not if they want to upgrade or buy a new computer.

I asked a question to Taleworlds on offically facebook page.

Will we have a child and kings and lords can be killed?

Lets wait  :smile:...

Armaury said:
Yes they use DirectX 11 but that doesn't tell us the number of cores the engine use :meh:, but this is interesting DirectX 11 can use up to 10 cores ?

Then it must be very complicated to program the effective use of more and more cores. That would explain why game developers don't bother past about 4.... That and the most popular most abundant gaming cpu is the 4 core i5...

Why go to all that extra effort for the small number of peeps with more cores ?

Balexander said:
dgnsparta said:
I asked a question to Taleworlds on offically facebook page.

Will we have a child and kings and lords can be killed?

Lets wait  :smile:...
wasnt there a Question Already , but better two answers then one
http://i.imgur.com/zSZGuFI.png

He said, we can't give information about this subjects.

They can't say anything still...

The_BlackThorn said:
Armaury said:
Yes they use DirectX 11 but that doesn't tell us the number of cores the engine use :meh:, but this is interesting DirectX 11 can use up to 10 cores ?

Then it must be very complicated to program the effective use of more and more cores. That would explain why game developers don't bother past about 4.... That and the most popular most abundant gaming cpu is the 4 core i5...

Why go to all that extra effort for the small number of peeps with more cores ?

AFAIK efficiently using multiple cores takes quite a lot of effort. Steam stats for instance show that 90% of all users have either 4 or 2 physical CPUs with a mostly 50/50 distribution, meaning going beyond that would provide a marginal benefit.
That is of course if they don't want to future-proof their game, which they should if it is to last as long as Warband.

https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/

they had been running the game for almost 60 hours straight on a single computer (may 26th-may 29th). do you think they are testing some end game features or aging-family system?

and the game has not been updated in the last 13 days. what do you think?

spurklez said:
https://steamdb.info/app/261550/graphs/

they had been running the game for almost 60 hours straight on a single computer (may 26th-may 29th). do you think they are testing some end game features or aging-family system?

and the game has not been updated in the last 13 days. what do you think?

I doubt that was testing aging system, cause I'm sure they'd have tools to simply speed up the game. Probably performance or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom