Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

beny1999

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&S
Best answers
That looks cosy as ****. Might not bother with the whole kingdom lark and just settle down with a nice wench and grow cabbages.

Plovercrest

Hark said:
In the article, does they talk about how the game is running with 500 soldiers on the battle ?

Is it smooth or somewhat laggy ? (Even if this is a work in progress).
Likely super smooth. They're not going to let anyone test their game with a crappy PC.

Banned
WBVCNWWF&SM&B
Best answers
Bucharest event in a nutshell:  Painful to watch, extremely dull waiting times to initiate by teams, 1-2 ''OH SHIET'' moments. Youtube chat = Racism, fanatism, religious talk, no mods to ban/mute people. Once again its proven that Warband is not an e-sport and will never be. The times and tactics involved around the objectives are painful to watch due to the amount of planning/execution time difference. If this is a test for Bannerlord, you have your answer. You either will make the game be more active with less waiting and more engaging or it will NEVER make it as a serious e-sport. It is really **** sad that this is the truth, because Warband is one of the hardest games to play out there and the teams did a great job. But viewers who have not experienced Warband in such high levels will never understand it. And that is one of the problems.

rammler1991

Veteran
Best answers
Pilum said:
JabdiMelborn said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Hopefully someone with premium acc will let us know if there is anything new
Absolutely. This.

ciauz^^,
Jab

There is nothing new. Except a few screenshots.
so you have a premium account?

according to the page the premium content is:

Jetzt weiterlesen: Das steht in der Plus-Titelgeschichte
- Wie spielt sich die Singleplayer-Kampagne?
- Wie gut funktioniert das Schwertkampfsystem?
- Mit welchen Fraktionen können wir zusammenarbeiten?
- Welchen Eindruck hinterlässt die Technik?

translated:

how good is single player campaign?
how good is sword-combatsystem?
with what factions can we work together?
how good is the engine?

dgnsparta

Hello friends. Sorry my english.

Warband has 178 cities and villages in total.
Bannerlord has a total of 147 towns and villages (castles are not separate from the villages).

To be honest, most of the castles and villages in Warband are garbage. There is no sense. In Bannerlord, of course it seems to have been overcome. There are 47 cities in Bannerlord, 21 in Warband, but all the campuses on the map are less than Warband.

The map is three times the size of the warband. But the number of races is not enough. 6 different races, 8 different states seem to be inadequate. Three or four additional states may be added to the north, east, or south of the map. If it is difficult to add different cultures, the state in the south can be divided into 3 to 5 and the number can be increased by taking different countries. It is not necessary to prepare extra architecture and culture on this.

I do not know Altan, the game is great, but the number of states is low. 13-14 would be cool.

Can we pressure on Taleworlds in the forum? :smile:

VVyrd

Knight at Arms
WBWF&SM&B
Best answers
dgnsparta said:

Bannerlord has a total of 147 towns and villages (castles are not separate from the villages).

To be honest, most of the castles and villages in Warband are garbage. There is no sense. In Bannerlord, of course it seems to have been overcome. There are 47 cities in Bannerlord, 21 in Warband, but all the campuses on the map are less than Warband.

The map is three times the size of the warband. But the number of races is not enough. 6 different races, 8 different states seem to be inadequate. Three or four additional states may be added to the north, east, or south of the map. If it is difficult to add different cultures, the state in the south can be divided into 3 to 5 and the number can be increased by taking different countries. It is not necessary to prepare extra architecture and culture on this.

I do not know Altan, the game is great, but the number of states is low. 13-14 would be cool.

Sadly, way too late for such a suggestion. It'd take them a lot of time which they have almost none of. Good news for you, though, is that modders will be able to easily add all that and way, way more. Expect complete overhauls.

Yabloko

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Correct me if I'm wrong but it would seem from your guide that Warband isn't the most mod-friendly game, and that the real trouble is figuring out how it works rather than the process itself.

Best answers
Figuring out how it worked wasn't really that difficult, I just read the code. Implementing it however is extremely time-consuming and theres a lot of room to go wrong.

Warband is a very mod-friendly game. Very few games allow you to access code on such a fundamental level, and although taleworlds sometimes codes things in a silly way, it's unlikely that bannerlord is going to somehow be much simpler to mod. Unless they actually remove features, it'll be even harder.

Yabloko

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
I'd say there is a difference between difficulty and tediousness, Paradox games for example are relatively easy to mod but very finicky and time consuming. I do not know how these two compare however because I've barely touched M&B, so I suppose I stand corrected.

Best answers
All modding outside of basic value editing and visual changes is finnicky and time-consuming, so I guess the "difficulty" depends on how much freedom the developers allow for modifying and thus how much it veers into programming territory.

John_M

Subforum Moderator
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
dgnsparta said:

This kinda reminds me if how they say the map is 3 or 4 times bigger.  It might technically be, but it looks like the map isn't much bigger in terms of moving space and settlements. Like comparing Swadia lands from Warband to Bannerlord, there is a huge difference.

This looks like they scaled down Calradia then added more. So in the end it is only slightly bigger.

Dest45

Knight at Arms
WBVCNW
Best answers
Ki-Ok Khan said:
I wonder if we can form our own family/clan. That would be great :smile:
This. I want to live in a Battanian/Sturgian village and be of that tribe. Also, a brother or two as companions would be amazing. Bringing nations to their knees alongside your brother, thats whats up.

dgnsparta

Thx your answering.

This part of the forum is more active than Turkish.

I have a few more question. Are we going to have a child? And then can we play our child?

Cos they said; your main caracter will be old. Then you're gonna have a child and you will play with it.

Also, is there a hierarchical order (lords, kings)?

I dont know the answers because there is too much speculation.

dgnsparta

Dest45 said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
I wonder if we can form our own family/clan. That would be great :smile:
This. I want to live in a Battanian/Sturgian village and be of that tribe. Also, a brother or two as companions would be amazing. Bringing nations to their knees alongside your brother, thats whats up.
I wish..

Status
Not open for further replies.