Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumos

Archduke
WBWF&SNWM&BVC
El Turco said:
I think Python is easier to learn, read & work on. Anyway, it will probably not be C# itself but a sub-language based on C as kalarhan said. Module System has its own essentials which will remain unchanged no matter what coding language the System is based on, I hope.
Kiss the old ModSys goodbye, the probability of them using it with a new engine made from scratch is statistically insignificant.
Also, in case you missed what I said, here's Captain Lust himself: https://ask.fm/captainoflust/answers/142167518136 (turned out to be easier to find than I thought)

We've seen a folder with MonoDevelop .dlls and exectutables ever since one of the earliest interviews, which is why I've been confident it'd be C#. Willing to bet (though not to go all-in) that MonoDevelop or some fork of it will be the recommended editor too. (Unless they go the moden route and suggest the free version of Visual Studio instead. Either way, it's irrelevant, as any respectable IDE can handle C#.)

Pilum

Sergeant Knight
VCNWWBWF&S
El Turco said:
BNS Marko said:
I'm super excited for that. I hope it really does let us work in C#.

I think Python is easier to learn, read & work on. Anyway, it will probably not be C# itself but a sub-language based on C as kalarhan said. Module System has its own essentials which will remain unchanged no matter what coding language the System is based on, I hope.

Do we know anything else about modding rather than the coding language?

It was specifically stated on at least two occasions that the engine is written in C++, and that modders can use C# for their modifications.

Yavuz: There is a very rich scene editor that people can use and we’ll also have very powerful scripting tool, written in C#. The goal is to make sure that even after the game is released, we’ll be able to patch and change things, with as little effect on the mods as possible. And further to that, we’re trying to come up with a system that makes it possible for different mods to work together.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

I can't find the other occasion, I believe it was in another interview.

Edit: Also what Lumos posted.

aekilju said:
biddas132 said:
What is every bodies thoughts on the reviews left on the tale worlds glass-door site....?

A little concerning to say the least:

- "Dead end for employees as the project never runs and nobody helps the employees to develop themselves professionally".
- "The project constantly changes and that might make you hate the project. Payments are low especially if you are a programmer. A high level ego on manager. You have to feed them with some kisser up attitudes. Low tech pipeline, full of big mouths without talent or knowledge".
- "Project directings are poor".
- "Specifications are vague and change very often".

Not trying to hate on them as I am sure they are trying their best, but this could serve as evidence that there is clearly issues going on behind the scenes.

Anyone can post a review on that site with no proof they actually worked there.

I was wondering if that's the case.
That would seem very malicious and an attempt at corporate sabotage.. not liking any of this.

SunFlash

Regular
WBNWVCM&BWF&S
I'm at the point with this game where I don't care if it's sweatshop working conditions I just want my game.

Now I know how Apple customers feel...banter

Ki-Ok Khan

Exactly 2 months left for E3  :iamamoron:

37lMOp.png

R0pNgn.png

Anybody else excited to see what they are not going to show?  :iamamoron:

Pilum

Sergeant Knight
VCNWWBWF&S
Ki-Ok Khan said:

37lMOp.png

R0pNgn.png

Anything less than a Beta announcement or a Beta release date at least, would be very underwhelming at this point in my opinion.
But, I am prepared to be underwhelmed.  :iamamoron:

On the other hand, maybe what they are going to show us is going to be awesome, like lag free multiplayer matches with more than 400 players for example. Maybe not...  :???:

berkyx

Sergeant at Arms
WBWF&SNWVC
Ki-Ok Khan said:

37lMOp.png

R0pNgn.png

i hope it's about politics, families and multiplayer and a release date

EyeballLancer

Ki-Ok Khan said:

37lMOp.png

R0pNgn.png

It's release date or a whole lot of rolling eyes, I imagine. Unless they've got a super exciting gameplay video. At 7 years of development, Bannerlord is creeping onto the all time top 10 list of games that took the longest time to develop and release (ranges from 7 to 15 years).

El Turco

Regular
VC
I think they need at least 2 more years to complete the game, so they're gonna attend E3 to feed us with little screenshots & boring interviews :meh:

I seriously wonder what they're developing. They're acting like working on a secret weapon. It's been 7 years...

I don't wanna see Elon Musk waving his hand from Mars while I'm running away from a couple of bandits.

Plovercrest

El Turco said:
I seriously wonder what they're developing. They're acting like working on a secret weapon. It's been 7 years...

But they only have like 5 employees how do you expect them to put out a game within 20 years? they aren't Bioware!/s

At E3 they should have a release date or at least a progress report. No more "soon".

Dest45

Knight at Arms
WBVCNW
Plovercrest said:
El Turco said:

But they only have like 5 employees how do you expect them to put out a game within 20 years? they aren't Bioware!/s

At E3 they should have a release date or at least a progress report. No more "soon".

Nice try they have about 100

MrMundy

Banned
WBNWWF&SVC
Plovercrest said:

They have at least 50 employees

Edit: Mmmmh I am incapeable of seeing /s', end me.

HUMMAN

Banned
As far as i know employee increased relatively recently. For example while engine is being designed i dont think there was, lets say writer since not needed at point. It is obvious Tw is not ubisoft dont expect a game every year.

MrMundy

Banned
WBNWWF&SVC
HUMMAN said:
As far as i know employee increased relatively recently. For example while engine is being designed i dont think there was, lets say writer since not needed at point. It is obvious Tw is not ubisoft dont expect a game every year.

You don't work on the dialoge and do nothing else meanwhile. That's not how that works. Neither do you fire anyone when they are currently not required in the development.

Limbless

Veteran
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Finished Persona 5 the other day. Great game. Worth the nine year wait from P4.

I wonder if butterlord will reach nine years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom