Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidde112 said:
kraggrim said:
Cheers for all the info Captain!

Captain Lust said:
No external testing (i.e. using players from outside of the company) of any kind has been carried out for Bannerlord in the past, nor is there any ongoing.

I must be misremembering, I thought those leaked screenshots came from an external tester. I wonder where they actually came from.

these screenshots http://imgur.com/a/RxNJB ?
I thought they were fake.

I think they are real test environments. Here is my ideas what they might be: The first picture is maybe the stress test for the game engine. How many troops it can handle at the same time? They need to figure out an ideal max amount of troops that does not make the game crash or slow down significantly.

The second image might be some sort of AI test. There is archers on the other side and then melee guys on the other side. The point might be to make all parameters equal so none troop is overpowered.

3th image: Not clear for me. Maybe you can eat those things to gain energy back and the user is testing if eating has any bugs.

The menu graphics are maybe just a placeholder for that you can activate things. Or maybe he needed to test different settings idk.

Harmi said:
Styo said:
3 Players in Bannerlord......  :cry:

zZy2d1o.png

I believe they are the developers. They need to test everything what they do. Somebody maybe also needs to play the game trough before they are releasing it. :grin:

They had 12 online today.
And like 39 2 weeks ago. 

Of course they re the devs testing. 

TheGreatGold said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Serdar said:
zackgreco said:
Do you think we will have a 64bit exe?
yes.
Yes, I am the biggest Bannerlord nerd.
You're a bit late.
What do you mean. I was referring to me knowing every single detail about the game even if the information was released 3 years ago on a forum post from a dev.

Again , if some one missed :
Here where they say that the game is gonna have 64 bit launcher;

Serdar said:
zackgreco said:
yes.

Ki-Ok Khan said:

Serdar said:
zackgreco said:
yes.

if you want to be the biggest Bannerlord nerd you need to take care of all details. See the phrase in your quote. The question was: THINK. So the answer is: he THINKS so, or in other words, maybe  :mrgreen:

(I would be surprised if the game is not 64 bits. 8GB Ram is common even for non gaming desktops now. And who that hell uses 32bits Windows??? Unless its a corporate machine or you are using Windows 98... hehe)

kalarhan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

Serdar said:
zackgreco said:
yes.

if you want to be the biggest Bannerlord nerd you need to take care of all details. See the phrase in your quote. The question was: THINK. So the answer is: he THINKS so, or in other words, maybe  :mrgreen:

(I would be surprised if the game is not 64 bits. 8GB Ram is common even for non gaming desktops now. And who that hell uses 32bits Windows??? Unless its a corporate machine or you are using Windows 98... hehe)
It should be like Warframe, where you can choose to play in 64bit or dumbed down 32bit mode.

kalarhan said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

Serdar said:
zackgreco said:
yes.

It was supposed to be a sarcastic joke.. Does not even matter anymore.. Sigh..
He was the Lead engine developer who then transferred to Ubisoft. (The Person I and Frank were talking about) Taleworlds has been very picky on how they phrase their sentences and to what they answer.(See Frank.) In this case and with a game like Bannerlord it will only make sense to have 64 bit launcher..

Ki-Ok Khan said:
After this little Q&A. I am calm now..For a couple of days...

Me too.  Some information is better than no information.  What I took out of it is I can now relax and play attention to something else and come back in a couple of a months.

TheGreatGold said:
A game like Bannerlord? There are Warband mods bigger than Bannerlord vanilla. And they run on 32bit.
I do not think you know what you are talking about.

Hidde112 said:
kraggrim said:
Cheers for all the info Captain!

Captain Lust said:
No external testing (i.e. using players from outside of the company) of any kind has been carried out for Bannerlord in the past, nor is there any ongoing.

I must be misremembering, I thought those leaked screenshots came from an external tester. I wonder where they actually came from.

these screenshots http://imgur.com/a/RxNJB ?
I thought they were fake.
Menu seems like the Warband one

Actually now when I watch the images again, I think those are very old images. The stone texture for example in the fruit picture is very low resolution. And about the geometry: there definitely is not tessellation support implemented into the engine during the time those images were leaked. Now there for sure is tessellation support, we can see it from the new videos.

TheWarArmoury said:
TheGreatGold said:
A game like Bannerlord? There are Warband mods bigger than Bannerlord vanilla.  :lol: And they run on 32bit.

What? The largest mod I know is Full Invasion and that isnt even close to the space Bannerlord needs.
Ki-Ok Khan said:
TheGreatGold said:
A game like Bannerlord? There are Warband mods bigger than Bannerlord vanilla. And they run on 32bit.
Nevermind. There was a folder named Full Invasion on my dekstop where i dumped all my mods, so it was around 46GB. Thought it was Full Invasion's mod folder.

TheGreatGold said:
TheWarArmoury said:
TheGreatGold said:
A game like Bannerlord? There are Warband mods bigger than Bannerlord vanilla.  :lol: And they run on 32bit.

What? The largest mod I know is Full Invasion and that isnt even close to the space Bannerlord needs.
Ki-Ok Khan said:
TheGreatGold said:
Nevermind. There was a folder named Full Invasion on my dekstop where i dumped all my mods, so it was around 46GB. Thought it was Full Invasion's mod folder.

I don't think so that the game will be very much over 20gb. That size they told now was maybe with uncompressed sounds and textures.

Harmi said:
TheGreatGold said:
TheWarArmoury said:
TheGreatGold said:

Ki-Ok Khan said:
TheGreatGold said:

I don't think so that the game will be very much over 20gb. That size they told now was maybe with uncompressed sounds and textures.

The game will be over 40gb, they have stated that. And why is it strange exactly? Trash games like Call of duty is like 70gb (the latest one). But in the case of Bannerlord, which has no cut scenes, the bigger the size, the bigger the game.

578 said:
Harmi said:
TheGreatGold said:
TheWarArmoury said:
TheGreatGold said:

Ki-Ok Khan said:
TheGreatGold said:

The game will be over 40gb, they have stated that. And why is it strange exactly? Trash games like Call of duty is like 70gb (the latest one). But in the case of Bannerlord, which has no cut scenes, the bigger the size, the bigger the game.

Because 40gb is very much space for one single program. For example Gta 5 is about 65gb and it is one very huge game with thousands of assets. Okay, maybe most of that is from the sound files? If  they really record all the conversations in Bannerlord, I might understand this little better. Maybe you can delete some files by yourself, if you want to save some space on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom