Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Varrak said:
DanAngleland said:
?? NOBODY IN THE WORLD GETS PAID FOR ORDERING PIZZAS.

So you haven't been in a big company which has food department?  :mrgreen: Put more capital letter btw lol

DanAngleland said:
You seem to be describing a scenario where a customer is making an order for himself

And again, you didn't even understand the scenario you are talking about, so why is that effort? I didn't even mean M&B fans by saying "paid worker", we are not working in a company's food department to order pizzas for employees lol. But somebody does, so those somebody better order pizzas as they supposed to do :facepalm:

Telling me I didn't understand when I clearly stated that you meant Lust is the paid worker in question- why don't you tell me I'm not typing this now as well, since you are so keen on denying blatant reality. I also explicitly said to explain what you mean in plain English, but again you refer to your useless original analogy as if it makes sense- it explains nothing. I am not going to have an epiphany and become enlightened by the wisdom of your words, because there is none to be found. Lust is the paid worker, but it is not clear who either the fans or Taleworlds are supposed to be, because the pizza company and the paid worker's colleagues don't match the real life relationship between a PR worker and his firm or between the PR worker and the fans. That is why the analogy doesn't work.

More importantly though, the message I think you are trying to get across is that you think Lust isn't doing his job. That's objectively false. Lust works for Taleworlds, he does what they tell him to, therefore he is doing his job. You keep ignoring this simple and obvious fact so that you can have a scapegoat for your frustrations at the PR of Taleworlds. It is stupid and immoral to take part in a lie that could cause undue stress to Frank Elliott (Captain Lust). The fact is he doesn't call the shots, his bosses do. Either you have not considered that fact or you are wilfully ignoring it because you don't care about the dishonesty of your statments.

Polycount said:
jackalj said:
There is enough to talk about, they could talk about stuff that even has been featured in their gameplay video's.

Examples are:
- Overworld map. Talk about those choke points, the mercenary/bandits/sub faction bases we have seen in screenshots, geographical effects as in, what's it like to travel in the snowy north or the hot dessert of the south.

- Playeable factions. Give each faction a blog, explain their niche characteristic and show off the evolution of their troops.

- Show us in depth how the new diplomacy works.

- Give us some blogs about character growth and possible death.-

- Let us see how we can influence or modify our owned settlements and towns.

In general; just show us what you have been talking about, TaleWorlds. At this point I hope the game is mostly feature complete and you are fixing and tweaking, show us your hard work.

Quoted for truth.

There ARE things for them to talk about.

Look, guys, I'm not anti-Taleworlds or anything. I'm just as much of a fan as any of you, but there's literally no reason to defend this type of thing. They aren't being malicious or anything like that, it's just that there ARE things they can talk about.

Hell, it doesn't even have to be monthly, just have some sort of schedule. Every 2 months is fine, if we KNOW when a blog is going to drop. This whole "oh yeah it'll, like, come soon or something I guess, maybe..." is frustrating and, to me, nonsensical.
I already gave arguments why those topics won't work.

Look, I'm just as annoyed as the next person but there are reasons why they can't talk about these topics. people are going to nitpick and misinterpret. Furthermore most forum users will probably buy bannerlord anyway so creating hype for us has no value.

yes they should be more regular with their blogs but if you look at the numbers making the blog at all is a waste of time and money.

Happy new year everybody, friends and foes alike!

Fidel Lagstro said:
By the time Bannerlord is released, the game's graphics are going to be outdated already. Taleworlds will then take two years to announce the start in development for Mount & Blade III which will be released the same day as Half-Life 3. But don't forget, before that happens, they'll need to port Bannerlord over to Wii U first and make a new bot related game mode for multiplayer, preferably one that already existed in the form of a more extensively developed mod.
Oh, and how could I forget, at some point, melee weapons are going to be taken away from archers and will be replaced with obese butter knives and shish keknobs, which can easily be worked around anyway. It will also be the last major patch until the next game comes out.

This is correct, the graphics look good but not current timeline quality good in my opinion. But if Bannerlord attracts a lot of people, the models and texture quality can improve via patches in the future. I doubt TW will 'just' leave Bannerlord after they release all DLCs etc. It would be a dumb move, warband is a game that most people go 'uuugh what' when they see it but they get addicted when they play, and it STILL has thousands of people playing it. Graphics can be fixed and upgraded in the future, if devs see it important. And yes i got the referrences and the jokes of your post.  :lol:

578 said:

This is correct, the graphics look good but not current timeline quality good in my opinion. But if Bannerlord attracts a lot of people, the models and texture quality can improve via patches in the future. I doubt TW will 'just' leave Bannerlord after they release all DLCs etc. It would be a dumb move, warband is a game that most people go 'uuugh what' when they see it but they get addicted when they play, and it STILL has thousands of people playing it. Graphics can be fixed and upgraded in the future, if devs see it important. And yes i got the referrences and the jokes of your post.  :lol:

They said they wanna create a good engine, so i guess they wont abandon it soon to make a new one.
They have a lot of dlcs they can create, and also they could try to implent new things that dont fit in with calradia.. magic, flying mounts  or anything for that matter. I am also hoping for some kind of matchmaking, like an arena dlc, but i guess thats unlikely :3

Firunien said:
578 said:

They said they wanna create a good engine, so i guess they wont abandon it soon to make a new one.
They have a lot of dlcs they can create, and also they could try to implent new things that dont fit in with calradia.. magic, flying mounts  or anything for that matter. I am also hoping for some kind of matchmaking, like an arena dlc, but i guess thats unlikely :3

I would love matchmaking for multiplayer. Steam servers + custom servers like CSGO. Players from South Europe always struggle on multiplayer with 60+ ping. It is truly annoying to see how animation glitches above 50 ping, for example if you try to spam feints on a server where you have 60-70 ping, you will see a massive difference and delay compared to 20 ping. A matchmaking mode would be amazing. I also hope that in Bannerlord, instead of putting out DLCs like NW and VC (this is my opinion only, dont burn me) devs will release expansions of Calradia. Other lands, quests and lore. But Multiplayer remains the main focus for me and will probably always be. But I think steam servers, an official 8v8 mode through matchmaking and some sort of progression are mandatory for multiplayer. Again, my opinion.

also, GIEF NORDS BAK.

Matchmaking will be non-existent if the game's mechanics are dependant on your latency, FPS and DPI like warband is (imagine implementing an 8v8 EU mathanking system and you have like 10 ping and others have 100+ ping). It will not be an esport either for the same reasons. Hopefully animations are kept the same and aren't sped up when you do something client side.

Imagine being able to shoot faster in overwatch if you have 10ping and turn the DPI higher, the game will get like 2 players.

EDIT: Or make it so everything you change (apart from in game sensitivity) is client side and stays it, so it would look normal on servers... I have no idea how taleworlds managed to make everything client side also server side...

Dan is right. It's weird how people assume Lust, a massive MB fan, is personally just choosing not to share with us things he's able to. Like, they supposedly chose to hire a community manager who prefers unnecessarily keeping info to himself? How is that situation supposed to have happened :smile:?

"We need a community manager...but we also don't want to release info efficiently. Find me someone secretive, and uncommunicative. Someone with poor social skills and few friends."
"Sir, there is an aggressively ginger fellow on the forums..."
"Excellent! Bring  him to me."

I bet Lust must be grinding his teeth wanting to share info with the community and Armağan is like:
b4d38dff08038af20e122038921576a5356ec1022b05d233c810b3cd0c3255c4.jpg

DanAngleland said:
Lust is a paid worker
Is he? Hmm.. Well i don't know his contract with Taleworlds.

DanAngleland said:
the pizza company and the paid worker's colleagues don't match the real life relationship between a PR worker and his firm or between the PR worker and the fans.
Come on dude, i already told that several times. I dont want to be a broken record. Scenario was about a guy that doesnt do what s/he supposed to do. "Ordering pizza" was the employee's work to do, and in scenario that work did not done for months. I am not sure if i can explain that scenario more clear.

DanAngleland said:
More importantly though, the message I think you are trying to get across is that you think Lust isn't doing his job.
Wait, what? Lust isn't doing his job? Are you sure about that? He just recently added one amazing multiplayer gamemode, Invasion mode. Lust is an amazing coder in Taleworlds. I didn't mean coders, i meant the person who is supposed to contact with Community and give some information. I don't know who has that job in Taleworlds, i am not a Taleworlds expert.

Varrak said:
Wait, what? Lust isn't doing his job? Are you sure about that? He just recently added one amazing multiplayer gamemode, Invasion mode. Lust is an amazing coder in Taleworlds. I didn't mean coders, i meant the person who is supposed to contact with Community and give some information. I don't know who has that job in Taleworlds, i am not a Taleworlds expert.

So the community manager?
Lust.

Fietta said:
Matchmaking will be non-existent if the game's mechanics are dependant on your latency, FPS and DPI like warband is (imagine implementing an 8v8 EU mathanking system and you have like 10 ping and others have 100+ ping). It will not be an esport either for the same reasons. Hopefully animations are kept the same and aren't sped up when you do something client side.

Imagine being able to shoot faster in overwatch if you have 10ping and turn the DPI higher, the game will get like 2 players.

EDIT: Or make it so everything you change (apart from in game sensitivity) is client side and stays it, so it would look normal on servers... I have no idea how taleworlds managed to make everything client side also server side...

A network optimization tool can be created like CSGO's one, it works well. But I think they do need to do something about ping if they implement steam servers (officials). The disadvantage is too big for high ping players, especially when they limit themselves to certain gear and not higher tier armor since it causes slowdowns to movement and attack.

TheGreatGold said:
What if we bait Lust here and force him to spoonfeed us information?

Look into your heart, Lust. Deep down you know it is right to give us what we need to hear. One sentence will give us sustenance... we just need one sentence...  :cry:

Druidic said:
TheGreatGold said:
What if we bait Lust here and force him to spoonfeed us information?

Look into your heart, Lust. Deep down you know it is right to give us what we need to hear. One sentence will give us sustenance... we just need one sentence...  :cry:

It's almost harvesting season.

Varrak said:
DanAngleland said:
Lust is a paid worker
Is he? Hmm.. Well i don't know his contract with Taleworlds.

DanAngleland said:
the pizza company and the paid worker's colleagues don't match the real life relationship between a PR worker and his firm or between the PR worker and the fans.
Come on dude, i already told that several times. I dont want to be a broken record. Scenario was about a guy that doesnt do what s/he supposed to do. "Ordering pizza" was the employee's work to do, and in scenario that work did not done for months. I am not sure if i can explain that scenario more clear.

DanAngleland said:
More importantly though, the message I think you are trying to get across is that you think Lust isn't doing his job.
Varrak, I think you're starting to get it. Captain Lust is the community manager, and he worked quite a bit on both the console port and the Invasion mode. He also said that he does quite a bit of bug fixing and checking for Bannerlord. In addition, he presents the game at every public event, i.e. Gamescom.

hirovard said:
and the PC gamer weekender

may have something good for the 18th-19th next month if they go :wink:

Or they might go to the biggest Turkish gaming event in Istanbul a little bit later this month and reveal some info :smile:

kalarhan said:
OK so now we know the original error of your post. You talked about 1 thingy, quoting someone talking about another thingy, both posts were open to interpretation on the "what", and now you are angry about people replying about your error in logic  :mrgreen:

now we get it  :razz:

If that's your understanding of this (not especially complex) situation then you do not have any grasp of it, so I'll assume English is not your first language or you have limited abilities at following arguments. You simply jumped in talking about something else entirely and you achieved some sort of double-think that it was always about it.

Again, my posts were about the lack of information, nothing to do about the Beta or whatever. Get it? Can we move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom