Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Would you guys think that they can see all the bases because they are in administrator mode? Would not it be better if we were to learn their places from the lords in special talks , after we get good with them or maybe learn from another traveler saying that there is a fort in the mountain over there or something along those lines? Also I hope every Family / Clan or whatever they will be called does have their own unique stories. So we can choose a Family/Clan with a cause that we can relate with our own unique role play cause or something like that.

Why would you choose a Family/Clan when you can build your own from scratch?

In Warband associating with a family gave you perks like instant rep with all family members and an increase of relationshio with the passage if time.  Relationship also decreased with each family member when one was captured I believe?  It may be similar with Bannerlord, possibly with additions like reducing the amount if influence points needed to get family members to perform Actions etc
Associating with a family midgame may make life easier for a budding lord freshly risen from the pesantry

Crowcorrector said:
In Warband associating with a family gave you perks like instant rep with all family members and an increase of relationshio with the passage if time.  Relationship also decreased with each family member when one was captured I believe?  It may be similar with Bannerlord, possibly with additions like reducing the amount if influence points needed to get family members to perform Actions etc
Associating with a family midgame may make life easier for a budding lord freshly risen from the pesantry

AFAIK affiliating yourself with a noble family was a Diplomacy feature.

Niara said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Would you guys think that they can see all the bases because they are in administrator mode? Would not it be better if we were to learn their places from the lords in special talks , after we get good with them or maybe learn from another traveler saying that there is a fort in the mountain over there or something along those lines? Also I hope every Family / Clan or whatever they will be called does have their own unique stories. So we can choose a Family/Clan with a cause that we can relate with our own unique role play cause or something like that.

Roleplay purposes ? Since this is sandbox , why not (

Niara said:

there is no single way to play this game. It is a
Ki-Ok Khan said:

which means you can do whatever you want (within game rules).

Be a king and conquer the entire map.
Be a bandit and live by raiding caravans.
Be a trader and create a economic empire.
Be a noble knight and travel around the world helping the innocent (like doing quests for villagers)
Be a mercenary and fight in several wars, only caring for the money

you can have several campaigns (stories) and never repeat your gameplay.

or
kalarhan said:
Be a mercenary and fight in several wars, only caring for the money
ad infinitum, because you just love fighting in M&B. Gathering party made out solely out of companions to roleplay a band of rogue sellswords in Gekokujo and by this being forced to attach myself to this or that lord of my current employer was pretty much my greatest experience with Warband. Basically Freelancer, but without swimming in money and being permanently stuck to AI's silliness.

I believe that aside of the Native playthrough and Warsword I never joined any faction in any of my longer games. That's why I'm hoping for ability to recruit faction-neutral recruits, to form my own mercenary band. It sucked to be stuck with Sword Sisters and Manhunters in M&B.

So true, my best playthroughs have been as sell-swords and mercenaries, joining the weakest faction to ensure neutrality in the world all the while enlarging my financial empire, finally once reputation and economics allowed it I would take on the weakest faction and conquer it, then working my way at up the ladder.

Well, they said they hoped to have something playable by the end of the year. I guess I'll have to find comfort with the fact that, if they hoped to have something by now, it must be really damn close.

rariisan said:
Well, they said they hoped to have something playable by the end of the year. I guess I'll have to find comfort with the fact that, if they hoped to have something by now, it must be really damn close.
They have already said that it looked very unlikely . I have heard that its coming in Q1 but cant guarantee.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
rariisan said:
They have already said that it looked very unlikely . I have heard that its coming in Q1 but cant guarantee.

I bet we won't even see it til 2018 at this point.

We get more regular updates on **** Warband, than we do on Bannerlord. Kinda scares me what must've been going on initially if they really couldn't say definitively or show what the game was going to be like because it was radically changing shape on a weekly basis - given we've seen some gameplay and some blogs, I feel like we are over the hump of them **** around. That being said, I do believe they are falling into the trap of feature creep - like sieges being destructible, the weapon crafting system, ect.

I'd rather we get the game, it be awesome and polished, then they expand upon there idea's later in a DLC (Let's say:Wrath of Samurai) where they add an invading force of samurai originating from an island suspiciously like Japan along the coast, we will dub it Nippon (literally japan, but it is a video game who cares). Extra features could be more political intrigue in the form of managing assassins, monks, diplomats as well Naval combat. Japanese castles would be **** awesome to fight in with our current system.

LittleLegionaire said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
rariisan said:

I bet we won't even see it til 2018 at this point.

We get more regular updates on **** Warband, than we do on Bannerlord. Kinda scares me what must've been going on initially if they really couldn't say definitively or show what the game was going to be like because it was radically changing shape on a weekly basis - given we've seen some gameplay and some blogs, I feel like we are over the hump of them **** around. That being said, I do believe they are falling into the trap of feature creep - like sieges being destructible, the weapon crafting system, ect.

I'd rather we get the game, it be awesome and polished, then they expand upon there idea's later in a DLC (Let's say:Wrath of Samurai) where they add an invading force of samurai originating from an island suspiciously like Japan along the coast, we will dub it Nippon (literally japan, but it is a video game who cares). Extra features could be more political intrigue in the form of managing assassins, monks, diplomats as well Naval combat. Japanese castles would be **** awesome to fight in with our current system.

I actually would not mind a system like CKII, if you see all the advanced features you get if you have the game right now with all the major DLC's and what the game looked like when it started, it basically has become a whole different beast.

Bannerlord could be released without, say, marriage and family mechanics; Features that could be added in a later "Famly Legacy" DLC.

The time in between the release and said DLC would give Taleworlds not just money, but also time to refine and polish the experience while having part of the team working on the new content

After this, we could start getting like 3 or 4 major DLC's per year adding new mechanics and features to the game

Not only this is much more profitable for the company, it allows our game to grow in complexity and scope as the time goes by

That, of course, if people don't mind paying for new content

I still believe we'd need a Turkish*, Persian, indian, south-asian and chinese faction before they should even start thinking about implementing a Japanese one. even then the Japanese faction should be historically accurate. that is, awfully weak but to uninteresting to conquer with a typhoon or two to ruin any invasion for good measure.

*I assume the the sarranid are Egyptian because they have mamluks though the differences aren't that massive. The turks would probably be similar to the Egyptians with more horse archers.

on diplomacy I'm of the opinion that more deeper systems are more better.

Eldorien said:
After this, we could start getting like 3 or 4 major DLC's per year adding new mechanics and features to the game

people around here don't like that idea. We need to remember that a vast part of the MB community have old computers and limited $$$, and they don't like to see paid DLC over paid DLC. Plus all the free mods (games) makes releasing small expansions a pain.

it works for Paradox, but at the same time their play base is small (ish) and mature (ish). Bannerlord seems to be looking for a bigger release (5mil +), just on PC.

maybe copying Witcher 3 could work  :mrgreen:

JuanNieve said:
It is more likely that the community will make the mod and then taleworlds will resell it as dlc  :party:

they own the engine and can easily put a EULA saying that they also own any derivative work (mods) created by the community  :razz:

So, they haven't confirmed not having the "game in players hands in some form by the end of the year". Your move TW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom