Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bethesda also have also published a massive pile of garbage games. The ones they do make themselves are decent however. Same is probably true with TW.

It is disappointing that Viking Conquest is literally a paid mod. Should have been a standalone release. I thought Take worlds actually made it, then I realized they didn't. VC is terrible, like Floris mod. I dislike VC and Floris btw.

Plovercrest said:
I dislike VC and Floris btw.

Well, I dislike floris because it is so historically inaccurate that I simply lose all my immersion. It mixes early middle age viking mail armor with early modern Mediterranean plate armor. A gap of 800 years put aside like that makes me sick.

But what is so terrible in Viking Conquest besides the early-version bugs? The game is very interesting... there are nice naval battles, different worlds waging war against each other... why do you hate it?

Plovercrest said:
It is disappointing that Viking Conquest is literally a paid mod. Should have been a standalone release.

What do you mean a standalone release? You mean like WFAS having a separate install folder? Seems like a weird objection to have.

kraggrim said:
Plovercrest said:
It is disappointing that Viking Conquest is literally a paid mod. Should have been a standalone release.

What do you mean a standalone release? You mean like WFAS having a separate install folder? Seems like a weird objection to have.

Like Blood & Gold too. I've never heard of a company releasing an expansion for a game made by someone else. Had VC not been released as an expansion to Warband, I likely would not have bought it. Just like I haven't purchased blood and gold. If only Steam had a refund system back then.

Plovercrest said:
I've never heard of a company releasing an expansion for a game made by someone else.

Really?  Just off the top of my head, the expansion for the first Diablo game was made by a developer other than Blizzard.

Plovercrest said:
Like Blood & Gold too. I've never heard of a company releasing an expansion for a game made by someone else. Had VC not been released as an expansion to Warband, I likely would not have bought it. Just like I haven't purchased blood and gold. If only Steam had a refund system back then.

"From the creators of the popular “Brytenwalda” mod, “Viking Conquest” is a brand new DLC for Mount & Blade Warband!" That was the first line when it was announced, and the first line of the steam description before they did the reforged edition.

Hey Lust if you see this for the next Q&A i have a question :smile:

"What is the best scrapped content that 100% didn't make the cut?"

Or if that is too revealing then:

"What was the most ambitious idea or feature that has been discussed during development" (Can be that just someone suggested it but then nothing further happened)

joei160. said:
Is there snow in Ankara? It's because of the altitude?

https://twitter.com/captainlust/status/798764444029288448

Not because of the altitude. Central Anatolia surrounded with mountains and sea's warming effect cannot access in there, so there are Continental climate in Ankara.

joei160. said:
So... which kind of things featured in Viking Conquest you guys don't want to see in Bannerlord?

I love Viking Conquest despite the bugs, is what Native should have been. The only thing i hate is that the marshall take my garrisoned troops.

And i'd like the scenic menu be on Bannerlord.

Is there a way to port native map and factions into viking conquest ? Because the gameplay is better, possibilities are better, naval battles are better, and pretty much everything is better, actually.

Swadian and Rhodok noble title is 'count', Vaegir is 'boyar', Nord is 'Jarl' etc etc etc.

What will be the Imperial nobility title? Strategos? Doux? Maybe for the faction leader it will be something like Emperor, Basileus or Cesar…

I don't know if the Imperial influences are more latin or greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom