Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kraggrim said:
I'd be extremely surprised if there wasn't a "no customising" flag for weapons. Or idneed an optional "customisable" flag. We already know that some weapons aren't customisable, maces weren't in the relevant video anyway.

Usv9B.jpg
I wonder what determines weapon "culture". Majority of parts used? Location crafted at?

It's surprising that they tried to make the biggest sword possible here (supposedly) and it's only 104cm blade length. Presumably Vlandians can make bigger ones.
I am pretty sure they used a longsword blade. Not a great sword one.

Speaking of weapons, hopefully we get falxes, falcatas (are those the correct plural?) and any other kind of "barbarian" weapons instead of just gladius and medieval-looking swords. The same for armor and shields.

3THO said:
So I read something about family and marriage and having children? Is it a part of the game? How does it work, any info? Or is it pure gossip :razz:
Marriage was is Warband. Most likely to be in this game too with some more features. We have seen a Turkish video saying about these kind of things (that they heard from developers and not certainly will be in the game but might be) but we haven't received any confirmation from the TW team yet.

kraggrim said:

Maximum sword.

hdch.gif

Both of those are shorter than my arming sword.

Yabloko said:
Speaking of weapons, hopefully we get falxes, falcatas (are those the correct plural?) and any other kind of "barbarian" weapons instead of just gladius and medieval-looking swords. The same for armor and shields.

Perhaps, instead of more weapons, they should at least try and focus a bit on shields.

Considering the period they want to represent, most shields should be center grip, meaning, they should at least try and make shield combat a bit different from Warband, it should not be just walling while holding the mouse button(I mean, it never should have been so, but now they have even more of a reason to try something different).

I agree, I think if there was some measure of directional blocking with center-grip shields (which can then eliminate the pesky but understandable arrow forcefield around shields) it would add a lot to combat.

Mamlaz said:
Both of those are shorter than my arming sword.

then you don't have a arming sword  :razz:

Quote from wikipedia
The Arming sword (or Knightly sword in modern terminology) was the most widespread type of sword in the European High Middle Ages. It was a straight, double-edged weapon with a single-handed cruciform hilt and a blade length of about 70 to 80 centimetres (28 to 31 in)

if the game is using 6-11th century as base we could see earlier versions, altho it was popular after 13th century.

That is blade length alone, you forget that there is also the hilt.

My arming sword is 104.4 cm.

This one from the metmuseum is 102 cm;

http://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/23367

This sidesword is 113 cm;

http://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/35716

Vraelomon said:
Center-grip shields suck, why do people want them?

+ More difficult to penetrate because they give on impact.
+ More manoverable
+ Easier to shield bash with, especially with the edge of the shield
+ Can be Captain America'd;

- They give on impact

Skallagrim did a video on this a while ago, but some of it is kinda iffy.

I'd still probably use a strap-on*, but he was totally right about arrows that penetrate the shield being super bad for you.
*insert dirty joke here.
Mamlaz said:

If we're going to start throwing our shields at someone, we might as well twist off our sword pommels and end them rightly  :razz:

Hello guys, I don't know if it was mentioned before or not, but can we agree upon something? Please Taleworlds, make a difference in taking damage from different weapons on different armours. A regular sword should make basically very low damage against plate armour but a comparable mace or even an axe should make a bigger effect. etc etc, I think you can see what I'm trying to say.

lysgb said:
Hello guys, I don't know if it was mentioned before or not, but can we agree upon something? Please Taleworlds, make a difference in taking damage from different weapons on different armours. A regular sword should make basically very low damage against plate armour but a comparable mace or even an axe should make a bigger effect. etc etc, I think you can see what I'm trying to say.
There is a difference already in Warband. Axes are good against shields, swords give most damage but arent good against armor and maces give low dmg but ignore armor.

Knezevic said:
lysgb said:
There is a difference already in Warband. Axes are good against shields, swords give most damage but arent good against armor and maces give low dmg but ignore armor.

I remember about axes are good against shields but the last time i have played, i had no problem defeating heavy armoured enemies with sword.

lysgb said:
I remember about axes are good against shields but the last time i have played, i had no problem defeating heavy armoured enemies with sword.
Because a few points in Powerstrike makes up for cutting damage's weakness against armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom