Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan said:
hirovard said:
soooooo, bannerlord mod manager anyone?

probably for the simple stuff. Like a mod that adds new swords, a sidequest, etc. There will be incompatible mods (change the same assets/code and can't be merged automagicaly), but for that you can expect mod packs (like Floris for Warband)

submods will most likely have bigger problems with it, so you will have to depend more on the modder and less on a magic tool

but we will find out more once we have the new toys
load orders. There will always be issues with mod compatibility but load order solves a lot

How epic would it be if Beta / Early access was released on 27th of September out of nowhere ^^

Anyway are you guys positive about a release this year ? It looks like the game is almost finished and right now they're polishing, balancing etc. :smile:

Rungsted93 said:
How epic would it be if Beta / Early access was released on 27th of September out of nowhere ^^

Anyway are you guys positive about a release this year ? It looks like the game is almost finished and right now they're polishing, balancing etc. :smile:
honestly, with the way it looked at gamescom I'm skeptical about it. For all we know they only havr two siege scenes finished and they avoided the release date questiom this time not even saying in some form by the end of the year. Im hoping it does come out this year and Taleworlds knows how bad we want it but they are a bigger more professional company now and I'm sure they want to release a great initial product.

I think resources are being diverted to finishing the Warband port for consoles. That game will have to be out for a while - to make some money - before Bannerlord will hit the market. If TW is trying to release BL on multiple platforms at once, we may yet have an indeterminate wait ahead.

Armaury said:
I start to be afraid of seeing nothing of Bannerlord this year...
We probably won't. And saying "emg they get stuck in doors, or the hair looks like ramen and is static etc" is just a setback and we'll wait longer for the game than we should. Stop the bull**** with "I'd rather wait for a finished game" We all know we don't want to wait. Stop being Wiseman McGee and admit it.

Đяαкøℵ said:
Armaury said:
We probably won't. And saying "emg they get stuck in doors, or the hair looks like ramen and is static etc" is just a setback and we'll wait longer for the game than we should. Stop the bull**** with "I'd rather wait for a finished game" We all know we don't want to wait. Stop being Wiseman McGee and admit it.

Speak for yourself, not for others.

Đяαкøℵ said:
Armaury said:
I badly want this game like everyone , but I don't mind waiting a year ....After all, after playing it for a few months you won't even know why you were dying to play it , so relax and wait for a clean, polished and advanced game

Attila7 said:
I think resources are being diverted to finishing the Warband port for consoles. That game will have to be out for a while - to make some money - before Bannerlord will hit the market. If TW is trying to release BL on multiple platforms at once, we may yet have an indeterminate wait ahead.

They've said before that there is only a small team working on the Warband port. In the latest blog, from just a few days ago, they announced: "In addition to this, we have announed that Warband will be releasing on Xbox One and PS4, this September 16th", so it will be out in 3 weeks; it must be finished because I've seen it advertised on Amazon, they are selling boxed copies.  Bannerlord has the vast majority of the Taleworlds team working on it in any case.

When it was first announced that Warband would be coming to consoles, there was immediate speculation that Bannerlord would be too. The devs said they had plans for Bannerlord to go to consoles, but if it happened it would be after the PC version was finished:

Bloc said:
Bloc said:
I asked him that are they planning to port Warband to Android or IOS.And I also asked him are they planning to make Bannerlord and Warband for console.
- Porting Warband is not necessary, focusing on Bannerlord and then porting it is sound more logicall. But I heard that there is some works to port Warband to different platforms.I can not give informations about platforms.About porting Bannerlord to console  , there is nothing clear.We are planning to port it after game release.We want to release it to PC before releasing it to multiple platforms.They are not talking about that too much but I heard some PS4 around the conversations.

So guys , Bannerlord is not a console game, atleast for now. They are just "planning" to release it for consoles. But even this is NOT certain.

That might conceivably have changed and they could be working on a console version with concurrent releases in mind...... but there is no evidence for that. I think it very unlikely, since it would slow them down a lot; it makes sense to get the game working on the platform that A) you are most familiar with, and B) you have been developing the game for from the start, before porting to other platforms. Not to mention that Warband has not yet been released, so they don't know for sure if this sort of game would be as well received on consoles as on PC; I think that is possibly the most important function the release of Warband for consoles can serve, to test the water for Bannerlord. It also doesn't fit with their stated aim of early access for Bannerlord.

Rungsted93 said:

This doesn't inspire confidence in a game meant to be out within 4 months:
k1xFpKb.jpg

RoboSenshi said:
Rungsted93 said:

k1xFpKb.jpg

Well I think we can all almost agree that Taleworlds communication about the game has been horrible - silence for long periods of time, nothing but vague answers to questions asked at presentations, and excuses like "Well If we want to make a devblog we have to entirely stop development and polish the hell out of xyz...".... which apparently isn't a problem for paradox or any other developer.

They could make up for it by announcing a release date on september 27th or some kind of early access atleast; I'm starting to be afraid that M/b Bannerlord is going to be a victim of feature creep...

LittleLegionaire said:
RoboSenshi said:
Rungsted93 said:

k1xFpKb.jpg

Well I think we can all almost agree that Taleworlds communication about the game has been horrible - silence for long periods of time, nothing but vague answers to questions asked at presentations, and excuses like "Well If we want to make a devblog we have to entirely stop development and polish the hell out of xyz...".... which apparently isn't a problem for paradox or any other developer.

They could make up for it by announcing a release date on september 27th or some kind of early access atleast; I'm starting to be afraid that M/b Bannerlord is going to be a victim of feature creep...
20% battery surely doesn't inspire confidence in me.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
RoboSenshi said:
k1xFpKb.jpg
I am sure that that will be filled out the day before release  :lol:

Yeah, thats something you don't see done until closer to release. Us veterans know most the features anyway.

Stand fast guys, this is how games die before they even release - don't have your doubts now everyone, we know how taleworlds operates, we know that they're working hard on this game, and yes, while deep down we all know we can't wait any longer, I'd rather have a game that has as little rough edges as possible when we get it...lest we get an unpolished game that we all hate and lambast taleworlds for giving us a subpar product we all thought would be their magnum opus, just because we wanted instant gratification. Sheathe your blades of anger for now boys, we got some new footage just over a week ago, give it some time for new info, don't get greedy now.

RoboSenshi said:
Rungsted93 said:

k1xFpKb.jpg
In players hands doesn't mean released. I doubt they plan for it to be out this year.

I know that. That's why I used the word "out" and not "released".

LittleLegionaire said:
RoboSenshi said:
Rungsted93 said:

k1xFpKb.jpg

True talk.

vjc810 said:
Stand fast guys, this is how games die before they even release - don't have your doubts now everyone, we know how taleworlds operates, we know that they're working hard on this game, and yes, while deep down we all know we can't wait any longer, I'd rather have a game that has as little rough edges as possible when we get it...lest we get an unpolished game that we all hate and lambast taleworlds for giving us a subpar product we all thought would be their magnum opus, just because we wanted instant gratification. Sheathe your blades of anger for now boys, we got some new footage just over a week ago, give it some time for new info, don't get greedy now.
I don't know but your writing , feels a little professional or contains strong dictionary vocabulary or am simply just not well versed in English, anyway I like it, keep it up :grin:

LittleLegionaire said:

Oh no, not feature creep! I hate features!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom