Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Druidic said:
cherac said:
A DLC is good because , it would be professionally made ,no shortcuts due to lack of support or source code , I don't know how to explain this , but a mod and a dlc are far apart in terms of quality.

*cough* Viking Conquest.

Yeah, the Brytenwalda team were brought in to help make it, but it didn't really deliver, for me. I'm sure my opinion is unpopular there though.

Agreed.VC is basically a paid mod. Too many mods make the game do things that it wasn't intended to do. Also, I feel like a lot of modders (in general, not just M&B) have the mind set of "I like it and made it, so it's good". So i'd rather taleworlds do the next expansion/module, since VC was a huge appointment IMO.

kalarhan said:
Third party expansions (like WFaS, VC, Carribean!) are also welcome. But I would prefer them as a separate thingy (like WFaS), a standalone game, so not to mess with the engine for mods/Native. If their engine and game are well received we may see more deals to license it, which means more content.
I believe that we can safely say that's the plan. It already was with Warband engine (WFaS released for Eastern Europe was using its early version and was considered as preview of upcoming Warband, which sucked considering that post-Warband WFaS was actually standalone expansion that you had to buy again here) and from interviews we know they intend Bannerlord as platform for future games.

So when thinking about features of Bannerlord, remember that they have to go for high polish, not just 'M&B fans would be okay with that'. Now they're looking for customers for their engine, not just their game.

I don't know how any of these processes work but wouldn't it be cool if TaleWorlds created a steam page for Bannerlord maybe they could gain some new fans. And they would put all the images and blogs there and sadly release date part would be empty :sad: :sad: :sad:

On that note, does anyone have any idea when the next showing of Bannerlord will be?  I'm not very familiar with events such as Gamescom and E3, but I'm assuming that there are several like it throughout the year.  When do you think we'll see a peek of Bannerlord again?

SunFlash said:
On that note, does anyone have any idea when the next showing of Bannerlord will be?  I'm not very familiar with events such as Gamescom and E3, but I'm assuming that there are several like it throughout the year.  When do you think we'll see a peek of Bannerlord again?

27th September, they usually show stuff on that date. And since they missed last year it should be a double load this year :iamamoron:.

SunFlash said:
On that note, does anyone have any idea when the next showing of Bannerlord will be?

PC gamer weekender.... in February. Or a blog around November, since they're always 3 month apart it seems. It's best to just hibernate until 2017.

soooooo, bannerlord mod manager anyone?

as a older blog by taleworlds said you could have multiple mods installed (hopefully similar to skyrim/fallout (as thats all i really know  :ohdear:)

hirovard said:
soooooo, bannerlord mod manager anyone?

probably for the simple stuff. Like a mod that adds new swords, a sidequest, etc. There will be incompatible mods (change the same assets/code and can't be merged automagicaly), but for that you can expect mod packs (like Floris for Warband)

submods will most likely have bigger problems with it, so you will have to depend more on the modder and less on a magic tool

but we will find out more once we have the new toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom