Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yabloko said:
Yesterday I saw 1500 people playing multiplayer, I don't know if that's a lot or very little.

Compared to anywhere from 5,000-8,000+ for multiplayer back in this series prime it's very little, heck some nights its getting down to barely 200-300 in multiplayer (Napoleonic Wars DLC was in it's prime with just over 5,000 at EU Primetime: 7 PM GMT on a daily basis for about almost 3 months).

[15th]Harvain said:
Yabloko said:
Yesterday I saw 1500 people playing multiplayer, I don't know if that's a lot or very little.

Compared to anywhere from 5,000-8,000+ for multiplayer back in this series prime it's very little, heck some nights its getting down to barely 200-300 in multiplayer (Napoleonic Wars DLC was in it's prime with just over 5,000 at EU Primetime: 7 PM GMT on a daily basis for about almost 3 months).

yeah that 1500 people in multiplayer is probably just for events. I'm part of the problem but its an unrelenting cycle. Who wants to play multiplayer when there is nobody else to play with?

hoe12moe said:
Warband is a 6 year old indie game, to have over 1000 mp players is pretty good

Its not good for players that like to play with or against other people. The active community is small. I would be playing warband a lot more if it was more active, for now I am just waiting for bannerlord

I have a complain !
YES ! A complain ! And a request, and anyone is going to agree with me xD !

Don't you find crazy and very stupid that AI lords of ennemy faction will begin to raid their own cultural villages !!! Let... let me precise to you my concern.

Once upon a time. Swadia declared a war on the almighty Nords. The Nord attack, because, you know, they got mad, and they got all that "king in the nord" stuff. Anyway... they capture Praven. The player is laughting, and the Swadien are not happy. But then... you won't believe what I see coming (yes you know, because you've played the game too). I see... five lords, five inbred imbecile mentaly deficient lords, runing like stupids goats to the Praven villages and RAID THEM.

Taleworld ! What did you think about ?? I really hope their will be a cultural consistency in Bannerlord. One faction should not raid the villages they claim, and if they do, the consequences should be desastrous for the one who does it (massive relation penalty, no taxes, no control, no recruitment).

reiksmarshal said:
Dest45 said:
reiksmarshal said:
So what kind of ships do you ass munchers think will be in the game?  :mrgreen:

Cog
Hulk
Longships

What else?

Propships.

Haha ... they better not!

There has been absolutely no indication of ships being in the game, other than some props in the background of one of the Gamescom 2015 screenshots (when the player is dueling with Cordalos in the Imperial town).

Narlan said:
Don't you find crazy and very stupid that AI lords of ennemy faction will begin to raid their own cultural villages !

I think that's very consistent with feudal warfare. The villages controlled by your enemy are his economic lifeblood, and if you show that he cannot protect them then the peasants shall resent him, so he loses immediate income and perhaps the likelihood of the peasantry not working as hard or hiding goods from the lord in the future will reduce his long term income from those villages.

I think that's very consistent with feudal warfare.
You think wrong.

The villages controlled by your enemy are his economic lifeblood
I was texting with Harlaus, and he kind of disliked your reasoning about ruining the surronding land of his beloved Praven.

This is not consistent with history and is not relevant at all in the strategy of reconquering the captured land. Swadians lords should not raid swadian villages, they are not stupid, they want to be loved by their peasants, they want them to pay big taxes and to join their army. ... and in real life, also they did not want to be sued by the peasants. :mrgreen:

Dest45 said:
Its not good for players that like to play with or against other people. The active community is small. I would be playing warband a lot more if it was more active, for now I am just waiting for bannerlord
Play another game then? You can't expect a game to maintain it's playerbase for 6 years. I agree that the golden age of Warband MP was a few years ago but I'd still say that it's quite healthy, at least you can always find a server with a good amount of players, mostly siege.

Narlan said:
I think that's very consistent with feudal warfare.
You think wrong.

How so? The idea of cultural/national belonging is a very modern one. People in premodern villages were as much at war with people from other villages as they were with their king's enemies. Similarly, when a kingdom broke up you were bound to have an extended period of raiding between culturally identical people, like the saxon warring states period in England, or the endless warring in western europe between little citystates and duchies.

For example the hundred years war was basically raiding campaigns in france, and most of the knights and commanders on both sides were french.

hoe12moe said:
Dest45 said:
Play another game then? You can't expect a game to maintain it's playerbase for 6 years. I agree that the golden age of Warband MP was a few years ago but I'd still say that it's quite healthy, at least you can always find a server with a good amount of players, mostly siege.

I do play other games and I don't expect it to keep its playerbase after 6 years, nobody ever said otherwise. The point is it didn't and the multiplayer IS dying out. Especially when the only gamemode running is siege. There are rarely any active battle servers and there are no populated Western NA servers. When vanilla has 20-40 people max on a single siege server the game is dead. EU isn't far behind

I don't get why you got so defensive about it. We are just stating facts, I'm not necessarily *****ing but I would prefer it to be more active.

Okay, i don't want to fight.
My personal opinion is and have always been that mods destroyed multiplayer. The playerbase wasn't big enough to begin with for multiple game modes and communities.

jacobhinds said:
How so? The idea of cultural/national belonging is a very modern one. People in premodern villages were as much at war with people from other villages as they were with their king's enemies. Similarly, when a kingdom broke up you were bound to have an extended period of raiding between culturally identical people, like the saxon warring states period in England, or the endless warring in western europe between little citystates and duchies.

For example the hundred years war was basically raiding campaigns in france, and most of the knights and commanders on both sides were french.

It is a middle ground.

Even though nationalism was not fully formed, identities did exist in a vague sense of either regional or political affiliation.

Just as you state with the hundred years war, even though there was a lot of "French" vs "French" raids, you will notice that the "French-French" weren't exactly prone to raid French villages that were still not considered a part of Burgundy and neither did the "Burgundian-French" raid areas considered in whatever sense "theirs", regardless of whether they were occupied.

This is most apparent with the campaigns of Bertrand du Guesclin, where any looting by the French in France was punished by the wheel.

Burning land that you plan to make your own private property is a moronic idea, as was pissing off peasants you plan to rule over in the future.

Not to mention the fact that raiding was not nearly as one sided as most presume(or M&B simulates), a lot of free bands got slaughtered by well prepared peasantry from time to time.

Mamlaz said:
Burning land that you plan to make your own private property is a moronic idea, as was pissing off peasants you plan to rule over in the future.
It's 2016. Brexit, Trump, Scarlett Johansson casted for Ghost in the Shell . Can we please stop acting like humans are rational actors?

Mamlaz said:

It depends on how soon you think you'll get it back and how useful it is to the enemy in the meantime, as well as whether you think you will control the land personally, or whether it is more likely to go to a rival lord from your faction.

Your idea that a lord wants the peasants on-side is probably a bit far fetched, since, at least in the early medieval period, the peasants by and large had no choice but to completely obey whoever was in control. As the centuries rolled on, social mobility increased and it became increasingly more important to be popular with the locals.

Mamlaz said:
Not to mention the fact that raiding was not nearly as one sided as most presume(or M&B simulates), a lot of free bands got slaughtered by well prepared peasantry from time to time.

Well, towns send small parties out to deal with bandits and small enemy forces. It seems improbable for a village to fend off a band of mercenaries, but Bannerlord villages do seem to have stronger garrisons than those in Warband.

I think it would be pretty awesome if lord personalities carry over into how they run their armies and villages. For example, honorable and kind lords would refuse to raid a village they used to own or even one that used to belong to their original kingdom after it was taken by another faction and would have low-ish taxes and thus more prosperous villages. Greedy, Scheming, or Evil lords would have no qualms about raiding any village and would tax heavily. These lords would have very large but very mediocre armies while Martial lords haul around somewhat smaller but more elite retinues. The aforementioned unsavory lords might have lower morale and their troops break more easily, and perhaps a few of the lords who are special bastards would scare their troops into fighting to the death by threatening execution, or even decimation and thus negate that low morale.

I wonder how repressed the pheasants really were. it wouldn't surprise me if most of the lords treated his peasantry with respect  since they outnumbered the lord and his entourage considerably and were able to drive the lord to ruin by simply not working. off course there have been some evil, brutal people in history but I just can's see it as something that was that common. I support the idea of lords not immediately raiding villages though this should be partially resolved due to their greater independence with the new castles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom