Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know if it has already been linked here so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

I personally hope we would be able to simply occupy the courtyard and wait for the keep defenders to surrender but I don't expect it.

well it looks grait loved when he did the horse turn and stop looked like a movie move,Ai looks a lot better than before when people die at catapult another npc took his place and when the player left the catapult the next npc came over to take the players place as well lookt smooth. only thing was the npc getting stuck in the door way, but liked how they the npcs  looked towards  where the enemy was on top of the wall,i alos like the new bow shooting animation looks more real to me looks like they take there time more to aim. Cant wait grait job making a game not even the big company's were smart enough  to think to make! so next time when you want to complain remember these people are making the type of game no other company is even close to making or even close to beeing as good as Bannerlord it disappointing me that E3 isent giving more attention to bannerlord its clearly one of the best games there.

Also would love them to ad a animation to the horse that if the player gets to with in about 6meters the horse does an impatient pounding into the ground with one of its fore hoofs and snorting in the vid when the player walked to the horse it was standing as still as a statue it would be nervous and ready(impatiant) to ride if there was a battle going on around it would just make the horse feel more alive than it does now

SenorZorros said:
don't know if it has already been linked here so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

I personally hope we would be able to simply occupy the courtyard and wait for the keep defenders to surrender but I don't expect it.

That would be neat, but the chances are slim.

Wow, some pretty childish and entitled comments on here. For me that whole video was amazing, and knowing that they're still working on it and it'll only get better blows my mind away. Seriously, my hype is all the way back up and I don't know how I'm going to survive waiting for this game to come out. Great job guys! You are THE LEGEND!!!

LonelyStep said:
Wow, some pretty childish and entitled comments on here. For me that whole video was amazing, and knowing that they're still working on it and it'll only get better blows my mind away. Seriously, my hype is all the way back up and I don't know how I'm going to survive waiting for this game to come out. Great job guys! You are THE LEGEND!!!

After all we will pay them for the game.

can we get a filter for the word entitlement? because some people seem to not understand how this works.

we are entitled. we are entitled to a good game because we are the customer, or rather the potential customer. we are the ones keeping taleworlds afloat. off course we are only a small piese in a large customer base but we still are a piece and if it wouldn't be for us and a couple million others taleworlds wouldn't exist.

so if one of us, the players talk about a feature or newspost in a negative or, in this case, skeptic way he is entitled to do so. he does not have to hail taleworlds provider of meaning to our meager lives. he should be critical and speak his mind. in the end it might even benefit taleworlds too since the forum can function as a barometer for the larger fanbase.

while I do agree that there are childish comments in this page I fear it is yours LonelyStep. not the others who were having a calm and intelligent discussion but the one running around and screaming entitlement.

Pro Tip: If you think someone is posting inappropriately (insulting, flaming, whatever...), report them (please read the forum rules first).

No one needs to be a backseat moderator on any side of the fence.

I'd like to see horses panic more easily and in general be more stubborn. Would be interesting having to choose between a slower but more docile breed or a strong and fast but temperamental one (I think that's what the cold-hot blood term means?).
One could argue that Warband already has this system but it's pretty barebones.

Also if anyone is trying to rationalize what they like/dislike about about a game, calling them entitled is a effortless way of trying to dismiss someone else's words with a meaningless argument.
If a person stumbles upon a polite statement they disagree with, they should either answer with a polite counter-statement or stuff the ad-hominem up their rectum and keep walking.

tgoodchild said:
At the risk of coming off entitled, will the whole wall be destructible, or just the parapet?  Was anythings said?  Is there any wild speculation?

Even if it isn't it looks like it would be easy to mod. They made destructible buildings out of the code for doors for god sakes :lol:.

Yabloko said:
I'd like to see horses panic more easily and in general be more stubborn. Would be interesting having to choose between a slower but more docile breed or a strong and fast but temperamental one (I think that's what the cold-hot blood term means?).

How about personality traits for individual horses?  Like "brave", "temperamental", "suicidal", stubborn.  Having a horse in the family has taught me that there are quite a few quirks between horses even of the same breed.

Úlfheðinn said:
Pro Tip: If you think someone is posting inappropriately (insulting, flaming, whatever...), report them (please read the forum rules first).

No one needs to be a backseat moderator on any side of the fence.

Fair enough  :smile: moving along

tgoodchild said:
At the risk of coming off entitled, will the whole wall be destructible, or just the parapet?  Was anythings said?  Is there any wild speculation?

:razz:
That's the big question and thus far no, they haven't answered it yet. If I were to guess, I think it's limited to just the parapet because
1) That'd be a highly complex and advanced physics simulation which could seriously threaten the number of ai units you could support.
2) Earlier you can see one of the catapults hit the wall and it doesn't seem to even make a mark.
3) If you had that feature I sure think you would show it off. Thus I think no news means no feature.

tgoodchild said:
Yabloko said:

How about personality traits for individual horses?  Like "brave", "temperamental", "suicidal", stubborn.  Having a horse in the family has taught me that there are quite a few quirks between horses even of the same breed.

Horse traits would be awesome. And maybe horse names? I can only imagine that war horses would be quite a personal property for a warrior, since they rely on them for their business.

I think it will only be the parapet, and i think tower siege as already a broken parapet in front of them, not very importat cause breaking a wall like that would have taken days of siege; but maybe castles in wood can be borken :idea: so it seems realistic that only parapet break in a quick assault. But what would be really nice is that you can burn things with fire arrows ! Castle doors or siege towers etc...

Armaury said:
I think it will only be the parapet, and i think tower siege as already a broken parapet in front of them, not very importat cause breaking a wall like that would have taken days of siege; but maybe castles in wood can be borken :idea: so it seems realistic that only parapet break in a quick assault. But what would be really nice is that you can burn things with fire arrows ! Castle doors or siege towers etc...

https://youtu.be/iObwq1WaxQ8?t=214
Something's burning merrily on the right of the screen, I think it's wall to protect the attackers. So there's hope!

I don't know if this was mentioned already, but something I'd personally love to see is the AI make use of the mantlets. Maybe they can be used in the same vein as the siege machines where they enter an animation where they duck behind them or next to them, or just stand behind them normally like the player would. Just have the AI make use of them in general instead of just standing around getting shot at. Other than that, loved everything I saw, especially how the defenders retreat to the back when they knew they were fudged 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom