Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narlan said:
the people talking about their 'disappointments' are so stupid and self-entitled.
If the developers did not care about our disappointments, they would not conduct any beta testing, neither early release, and that forum would not even exist.

difference between constructive criticism and what i've seen some people saying. things along the lies of "the castle and Ai are all wrong and terrible" and "I hope they change everything" - i'm paraphrasing

VonTwat said:
Please please PLEASE developers tell me you're only using those old voice sounds as a placeholder. It will ruin the game dearly for me if I'm going to have to listen to those tiresome voices all over again.

I think voice acting is usually left to near the end of development

Another thing I wanted to mention is the up block for the sword, it looks better than it did in Warband. At 4:32 the player blocks, and there is a real sense of him lifting the sword up to combat the downward momentum of the enemy's swing. I know that isn't generally how to meet a blow with a sword in real life, you usually try to parry it to one side if you can, but the simple and clear horizontal block is not only appropriate because it makes the action performed unambiguous, it also suits the rest of the movement and combat in the game- and other games of this ilk. When you see more realistic parry techniques in medieval combat games they always look incongruous to me, because the rest of the movement and actions in the game are abstractions of the real world.

Also, just before this up block the player strikes a defender's raised shield, and the defender's head seems to dip as if he is jolted by the impact.

One more thing: just noticed at 4:42, the player is turning to fight a lone enemy on the wall and some of the attackers are nearby. An ally stabs the defender while his neighbour, an axe wielding peasant, makes to help out. Then this peasant dips his head. I was running it in slow motion at this point, expecting the peasant to join in again, but over the next couple of seconds he slowly falls forwards! I realised that immediately after he first tries to hit the enemy who was stabbed, the peasant is hit in the chest with an arrow. He and his neighbouring attackers then cover themselves with their shields, so it looks as if the peasant is alright, but he is actually mortally wounded.

VonTwat said:
Please please PLEASE developers tell me you're only using those old voice sounds as a placeholder. It will ruin the game dearly for me if I'm going to have to listen to those tiresome voices all over again.

They are using alot of old placeholder things, like voices, sounds and animations yet. Those will be replaced over time.

Bows are still silly-easy to use.
There should be a serverside option to force-turn off crosshairs. Using bows would be alot more based around judging ranges as a result of this, like in real life.
Granted to balance this the crossbow should be given the ability to look down the length of the crossbow whilst aiming, making the crossbow easier to get to grips with, which is also the reason alot of crossbows were used on the mainland of Europe in real life.

Reapy said:
DanAngleland said:
. I was running it in slow motion at this point, ...

Okay, I'm not the only fanboy who ran through it in slow motion, whew.
:razz: I wonder if I should watch the whole lot in slow-mo, it will only take 28 minutes and I might see something interesting! Nah, I've got better things to do

Like playing Slither.io

Narlan said:
From the news announcement of their visit to E3 on the Taleworlds website:
"There will be a big chunk of information released during the event itself, as we make announcements, so expect multiple videos, as well as written details"
:') It's Taleworld... I believe there will be no more videos. We may have one or many interview, a question session with many evasive replies, and, two month after, a blog explaining what we saw in the EA gameplay video :'). I hope I am entirely wrong, but I don't believe it. I'am not complaining, I'm glad for that video, I just don't expect more.
Lol.

don't know if it has already been linked here so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

I personally hope we would be able to simply occupy the courtyard and wait for the keep defenders to surrender but I don't expect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom