Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Narlan said:
What are placeholders ?

Was Frank playing? Who was controlling the character? I know he was doing the early voiceover.
No, it was just a recorded siege battle.

The sounds the soldiers made are the same ones they have in Warband (2010). We (the players) hope these are just placeholders sounds and not the sounds that will be in the full release of Bannerlord (2016-2017)

Left spam is real TW.  :cool:

kVENJAX.gif

Just fix it, add some more 0,* seconds to wind up time when spamming.

Also shield blocking is weird, shield hitboxes are larger than shield sometimes. Good thing is that blade now can hit multiple enemies (at last).
Still no long axes up close, are you afraid we'll see same weird stuff ?
Wolf helmets confirmed.
Overall same old things, weapons are going through everything like lightsabers and even in doorway you can swing left.

Gonna throw in my opinion as well.

Overall I'm impressed.

A few things I've noticed that made me wonder:

1) People hold arrows in a funny way.

2) Animations look a little clunky.

3) Ragdoll fall speed is too slow.

Neat. Noticeably rough around the edges, but that's to be expected. Wonder if we can blow holes into the walls themselves, as that was conspicuously not shown. Probably not, or maybe yes. Who knows.
I like what I'm seeing, though.

Do you want to feel sorry ? :') Click on that link, and look closely to the guy on top of the far right tower. Look closely at him while the catapulte is rotating.

https://youtu.be/iObwq1WaxQ8?t=1m5s

:fruity: Is this guy going to have his own memorial ? V__V

So the bows in Bannerlord work like the crossbows did in Warband? I didn't notice the crosshair getting any bigger as the player held the bow.

Correct me if i'm wrong. Isn't a feudal castle supposed to look like that?
z19manor.jpg

There nothing in this video, except a big stone box and better graphics. Even modders can make trebutchets and flaming arrows. So much disappointment  :cry:

Ebdanian Admiral said:
So the bows in Bannerlord work like the crossbows did in Warband? I didn't notice the crosshair getting any bigger as the player held the bow.

I suppose they still work normaly, but the character has an incredibly high archery skill. Note that the guy who recorded this also spawns Alt+H and is playing on 1/4 difficulty.

Looks neat, but some worrying stuff too, like the bots getting stuck and not moving from your way. Theres still time tho :smile: Is there going to be more info, like interviews or more gameplay in the coming days?

Narlan said:
Medieval castle were not big. They were small, and intended to be defended by few men. A big castle would be harder to protect against large armies due to a larger area of attack that can be exploited by all the attackers. Smaller castle have smaller area, but still opposes the same challenge to capture.
I am glad that TW is seeking for historical accuracy, even if of course it's impossible task to be 100% accurate. I am still very suspicious about the gameplay video feathuring Warband's sound effect...

he is right. You guys havent been a medieval castle before ? its actually very small http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Jf04hkS_mTI/T0zpF4cH2fI/AAAAAAAABBY/_HfgkdGkLAQ/s1600/caerphilly+castle+13th+century+largest+castle+in+Wales.JPG

rammler1991 said:
Hmm i am a little bit dissapointed from the size of the castle. It is not much bigger then in Warband. Just a simple round castle with only one defence line.......

No castle keep,
no stables, kitchen, sleeping and livingrooms, weaponchamber, jails, etc.

There is still no life in the castle. Where are the stableboys? civilians?

I really hoped that there would be realistic castles with more walls, towers, more lockable doors and gates, a last keep as well.
And a castle does not only contain soldiers. Where are women and kids who need to be defended in siege?

I hope town-sieges have a bigger scene

No keep? What do you think the huge round tower that the Vlandians were retreating into at around 5:45 was?  :smile: I noticed that at 6:00, there were two imperials (I think that is the attacking faction) stood outside the keep, making no attempt to follow the many Vlandians who had gone in, and the siege seems to be won without any attackers venturing into it, so I think there will be a separate keep attack scene or perhaps a chance to bargain with the defenders for their surrender. As for it being a realistic castle with more walls, it is hardly small compared to most real castles, and appropriate for the smaller population of M&B compared to the real world (although 500 men involved in the siege of a mere castle, as opposed to a city, is probably a very large number).

You ask where the women and kids are; in real life where would they be? Cowering in the keep praying the soldiers can keep the attackers out! They aren't going to be hanging around in the courtyard when the attackers burst in, it is a siege not a sneak attack and as soon as it seemed likely that an assault was imminent (when a siege tower comes into view of the walls) non-combatants would have sought a good hiding place. Even if it made sense for them to be spawned in the open, what would you have them do apart from scream and run for cover? They would just get in the way of the defenders. It might make sense in a city if there was a sneak attack or something to have civilians in the streets amongst the chaos, dropping merchandise and abandoning carts, screaming and hiding under stalls and begging for mercy.

I would hope to see some animations improved, and as Partizan says maybe a (very, very short) cool down for repeated swings in the same direction because it would be more natural to follow a swing with another from the opposite direction. I like the generally more natural physical behaviour though; when the player jumps into the ditch at 3:30, upon landing he sinks to a crouched position because of the height he has dropped, and when ascending stairs his feet land upon each step. There are clearly small flaws, like a few of the attackers struggling to clamber through the battering ram which looks a bit messy, but overall it is looking great to me.

berkyx said:
Narlan said:
Medieval castle were not big. They were small, and intended to be defended by few men. A big castle would be harder to protect against large armies due to a larger area of attack that can be exploited by all the attackers. Smaller castle have smaller area, but still opposes the same challenge to capture.
I am glad that TW is seeking for historical accuracy, even if of course it's impossible task to be 100% accurate. I am still very suspicious about the gameplay video feathuring Warband's sound effect...

he is right. You guys havent been a medieval castle before ? its actually very small http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Jf04hkS_mTI/T0zpF4cH2fI/AAAAAAAABBY/_HfgkdGkLAQ/s1600/caerphilly+castle+13th+century+largest+castle+in+Wales.JPG

Here you can see "Burg Hohenzollern":

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3e/Burg_Hohenzollern_ak.jpg

The castle has more space for living. That is what i am missing in the trailer. The castle in bannerlord has too few rooms. Just walls, a gate and maybe a keep.
That is NOT enough for a castle. A few hundred people lived in castles. There should be MUCH more space.

Narlan said:
Do you want to feel sorry ? :') Click on that link, and look closely to the guy on top of the far right tower. Look closely at him while the catapulte is rotating.

https://youtu.be/iObwq1WaxQ8?t=1m5s

:fruity: Is this guy going to have his own memorial ? V__V
holy **** thats hilarious  :lol:

berkyx said:
Narlan said:

Not all castles are small like that. Look up Portchester Castle for instance.

Few castle examples

Payas Castle (E3 Video's castle looks like Payas Castle so much)
Hatay-9-1.jpg

Foça Castle
s-6e4d788c3bb9bad04a6d8a1db641340064e94125.jpg

Melik Ghazi Castle
melikgazi.jpg

Şile Castle (just one box castle  :lol: )
1rqM0_1440680584_774.jpg

They are mostly very small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom